A School of Villains [IC/Not Accepting/PG-16]

King K. Azo

Mary frowned at the one named Devin. It wasn't very polite to try and one-up another classmate without being asked. Of course, they were supposed to be villains, perhaps that was the proper etiquette?

The teacher didn't scold them for it which added to that thought. How unusual, would Mary have to change up her way of doing things?

She listened intently as the teacher spoke. Using words to defeat a foe was an interesting idea. And for Mary, who wasn't confident in her combat ability, it could be essential to survive.

However that wasn't exactly what Mary wished to learn here. What she wanted was a way to lower her opponent's guard, to capture, to play. She wanted to learn how to best enrage a hero. Ensure that they don't let up on her. Bring them to a point where they have no choice but to break her...

Mary shuddered and clutched her desk. Her breath was coming in faster, she realized, and this wasn't the place for...that.

The teacher had given them an assignment and she was intent on completing it properly. She could work with a group? That would be a good chance to make some more friends, couldn't it?

But how? She wasn't sure she could approach someone, that was far too scary!

So Mary swallowed hard and looked around. Taking a moment to relax herself she asked the room. "Excuse me? Is there...anyone who would like to work with me? This question would be much more fun to work on with others..." Her voice trailed off near the end. She was...nervous. She had no way of knowing how everyone would react to that. She only hoped she would meet someone as...friendly as Patton and Alex.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Ehehehe...uh thank you, Tempest Man."

"Don't thank him just yet." Velocity Man commented. "He's not saying it for your benefit."

Victor looked over at Velocity Man and had quite the puzzled look on his face. Not saying it for his benefit? Then what... "I don't follow..." The young man turned and then watched as Shinobi Man spoke next.

"There is something known as the 'pecking order'. Your position on it would be... very low, and thus allow Tempest Man someone to bully."

A pecking order? This never occurred to Victor before, but however, this was something he probably should've expected. After all, he was dealing with a genius here. "Okay...so what is said pecking order, if you don't mind my asking, Shinobi Man."

"I'm so very glad you asked!" Tempest Man stated as he twirled over to the chalkboard and pulling down a chart. "You see, at the very top is Dr. Cagey. for obvious reasons, correct?"

"An obvious reason indeed."

"Then there are the 'Big Nine', leaders of the groups of robots that Cagey made. Velocity Man and Shinobi Man both happen to be apart of that group. You got that?" Tempest Man explained.

Victor nodded slightly at this. "I'm following you so far."

"Then below it are other Robot Rulers, such as myself. We work directly under the Big Nine, but we don't have to follow every order they give, and we can fight for the position if we so wish," Tempest Man explained as the other two started to clean the classroom.

"Then I suppose, by process of elimination, I am the lowest tier there is." Victor said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Hold on, hold on, we're getting to you," Tempest Man stated, which made Victor feel quite sheepish to interrupt the machine like this. "Next, we have the worker machines. They have very basic programming and personalities, but none so complex like ours. They listen to our every order, and we take care of them. They're like those 'pets' you humans are fond of."

"Oh wow. This is a lot more intricate than I originally thought. Still, it is quite an impressive structure." Victor nodded. He wasn't expecting there to be a system in place for the machines that acted like pets. Cagey truly was thinking things out in quite the structure.

"And THEN, there is Dr. Cagey's toilet. And then there's his sheet." Tempest Man continued, only to have Victor blink a bit and remain silent. "And then, there's the worms in the dirt, and then the dirt itself, and then there's you. And below you, there's the other students, then there's superheroes. And at the dead last bottom, is Dr. Wright!" Tempest Man then pulled the chart back up. "Any questions?"

"You forgot a few things to, anyways." A new voice called out as a new robot walked in. The gold and blue trimmed robot spun a staff as he walked towards the group, his horned helmet glistening as it caught the light "There's the Zeroth Unit, and the Eldest. Granted, both of them our a bit out of the pecking order, but still."

"Butt out, Enka!" Tempest Man muttered.

"Anyways, knowing all of this" Dr. Cagey suddenly spoke up. "Are you willing to be my class aide?"

Victor looked at Dr. Cagey after having all this explained to him, before nodding. This wasn't a whole lot that was going to change his mind. ...He had made his decision. "Dr. Cagey, I would most likely be a fool if I turned down an opportunity to work and learn from you and to study the works you have helping you. I am definitely willing."

"That's what they all say..." he muttered. "Now then, help them clean up the room, if you would."

Victor nodded at Dr. Cagey with a small smirk. "Yes sir." he simply replied, before moving to help out and clean the classroom. He was there, he had the spot he was aiming for when he first applied to this school. However, he now knew that this hierarchy was something he never anticipated. This seems like it will be even more educating than I was originally thinking. he thought.

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

Sure enough, the teacher soon requested his aid. Scribbling something on a sheet of paper she pulled out from her desk, she handed it off with instructions to get replies from two teachers - Hitler and Bloodstone. Although Rain hadn’t seen sight of the latter yet, the former was definitely a fairly well-known name, to say the least. Walking out of the classroom calmly with the slip in hand, he glanced at it once he was out. Rain wasn’t sure whether he was allowed to do so, but in the case he wasn’t, he might as well do it out of her probable visual sight.

"If I can find somebody to substitute for you, would you like to teach the Linguistics students more about how proper use of words and context can help a cause or hinder a hero during my class?"

Ah, that made sense. Hitler had a way with words. Who was Bloodstone though? Looking around, he checked the map he had in his pocket. As it turned out, the apparently not-dead dictator’s classroom was closer than the gym on the other side of the school. Following the map and checking with the room numbers, it wasn’t too long before he stood before the doors of one of the upperworld society’s most reviled men in existence.

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Rain mentally prepared himself.

“Sieg Heil! Or something like that, I suppose.”

Pushing the door open, he leaned in, scanning the room. Immediately, the scent of something burning hit his nose, then the sights of a certain annoying red-headed brat.

“Ah hell, this jabroni again? B-lech.

Rolling his eyes, he strode in, speaking to Kess in a nonchalant, matter-of-fact tone.

“Ah, Ms. Snap-Crackle-Pop. Give me a few minutes, will you~? Another teacher asked me to survey Hitler and Bloodstone, as part of student aide duties.

I’m quite sure you remember well that teachers don’t like their progress being disrupted, so it would be wonderful if you could pause for a few. And from the looks of it, both of us are on strike two of three. And I don’t think it’d be in our life’s interest to reach strike three, given that means getting the pleasure of meeting our headmaster.

If you could find it in yourself to drop the matter altogether, that would be appreciated of you. If not… at least hold yourself back till certain death does not await us both…? I’m sure you can find that reasonable as well, no?”

Walking past Kess casually, he silently set a hair trigger for multiple portals around himself. If worst came to worst and he ended up somehow triggering her again, portals would surround him in an egg-like fashion in safety. With every sense on high alert, it’d take little more than the slightest disruption of sound or light to set them off. But as he thought over his words, he nodded to himself.

I’ve done a pretty good job of being diplomatic this time~♪

Calmly making his way up to the teacher himself, Rain bowed graciously, speaking with a mellifluous lilt.

“Honored to meet you, Mein Führer~♪ Fräulein Afterthought has requested you answer a small question for her. She wishes to call upon the skills of a talented orator, such as yourself, to complement her class lesson~♪

She of course, guarantees that a substitute will be found to lead the class while you are away.

Do you wish to grace another class with your presence at this time~? Or are you perhaps more interested in this one?”

Standing up slowly, Rain gazed towards the dictator’s face as he waited for a response to come.

mMh3ba1.png

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

“That absolutely isn’t going to work. Only a rookie would listen to a bluff like that, unless you had already used an absurd amount of force to give it weight... which defeats the point of the thought prompt. You see, it really depends on the situation. A lot of situations can be solved by simply stalling for time, but an equal number can be ruined by going into a monologue that distracts you, instead of the enemy. Ideological speeches will work on those who don’t have a strong resolve, but they won’t work on more seasoned heroes. Words won’t easily diffuse a well seasoned veteran, unless they come from someone with absolute authority in their speech… like a certain führer that Ms. Afterthought brought up.”

Vix'us looked towards the girl who sat in some sort of smug-filled position.  Was she the smarter of the human brood in this classroom?  Her words rang true among the classroom, but fell on Vix's oblivious senses.  Instead, he began to make mental notes on the words that the girl was spouting.  On his home planet, not many people were threatened, as it was a peaceful society.  Surely, his answer would have worked easily on any common law enforcement, but the heroes of Earth must've been the real deal.  

"You're both right.  Vix'us, your answer was a little bit cliché, but if we assume that both you as a villain and the hero you're facing off with are new to your respective careers, this bluff just might work. Especially considering your impressive physique! When conveying a message, people will often think more about how you look and sound saying it than what you're actually saying. Some phrases we use every day can have completely different meanings based on body language and tone of voice! As for your response, um..."

Finally he was learning something.  This...Afterthought...she was seemingly more keen on being a villain than his last teacher.  Out of all the humans he had seen in this school, he hated her the least.  

"Now, here's a question with a more clearly-defined set of answers. What kinds of things can you say to people to convince them to follow your cause, without threatening them? Consider that your assignment for today. Feel free to work in groups of up to three, and bring me a written answer when class is over; I'll grade them and bring them back next class for reviews. I have spare paper and pens if you didn't bring any. Good luck!"

Assignment?  Group Assignment?!  This was going to be annoying.  Vix'us went up to the teacher's desk to grab a spare pen and paper, clicking the top of the pen awkwardly.  He looked around for anybody that would hopefully leave him alone during the assignment, perhaps do all the work for him.

"Excuse me?"  Vix'us spotted a girl who seemed to have kept to herself this whole time.  She was the perfect targ-...partner.   "Is there...anyone who would like to work with me? This question would be much more fun to work on with others..."  Vix'us made his way over to the girl with pen in paper in separate hands, his shadow already imposing over the girl's small frame.  

"You are excoosed.  I shall work with you."  He said, a blank look on his face.  

4UuhTQy.png

One of his classmates responded to the weird alien chicken, saying exactly what he was thinking, although she put it a lot nicer than he would of. His snickering got a bit louder, although it stopped when the teacher interjected, giving a spiel about words or something. Randall wasn't really paying attention at all, at least not until she announced the assignment, which was a group assignment. He grit his teeth when she specified that threats were off the table, standing up from his chair. He knew exactly who he wanted to group up with.

He walked up to Devin's desk, standing next to her. "Good job shutting down bird brain like that!" He chuckled. "A tad too gentle for my taste though. Let's see if we can use that head of yours to work on this assignment, huh?" He asked her, although his mind was already starting to think about how his father would get people to follow his cause. He was pretty good at it, even without his abilities. 

Mary noticed the shadow cross her before anything else. As soon as she realized someone had approached her she snapped her head up to promptly greet them.

"You are excoosed.  I shall work with you."

Oh.

He was very tall indeed. Mary subconsciously licked her lips. Someone this big, someone who was clearly comfortable casually intimidating others, certainly they would be capable of some...delicious destruction.

Though Mary wasn't one to be selfish. She wondered how much it would take to hurt him. To break him down and tear him apart. Seeing such an imposing figure on their knees, crying out in agony...Mary's grip on her desk tightened as she clenched her legs together.

She shuddered and said the first thing that came to mind. "Do you bleed?" she asked, practically growling.

The sound of her own voice broke her out of her fantasy. "Ah, no, sorry. That was not very proper of me. Goodness what you must think of me. U-um, hello there, I'm Mary, thank you for agreeing to work with me...would you like to take a seat?"

"I suppose I should start." Especially considering her classmate's previous answers. She wasn't so sure he understood words. "I personally wouldn't threaten someone to get them to join me even if that weren't disallowed in this assignment. As you can see I'm not quite intimidating." Mary giggled. "So I think it'd be better to promise them something. Money, freedom...pleasure." Mary blushed a bit at this last, keeping her eyes away from Vix.

Devin was pleased that Afterthought acknowledged her answer, giving a small nod to the teacher, her mood slightly improving. Vix'us was already forgotten to her, running with the small amount of attention.

"... In conclusion, this was a bit of a trick question, seeing as there's no inherently right answer; knowing what to say is just as important as knowing who you'll say it to." Afterthought turned, quietly speaking to Rain, who had stationed himself at the front of the room. Once the silver-tongued boy left the room, Afterthought turned back to the class. "Now, here's a question with a more clearly-defined set of answers. What kinds of things can you say to people to convince them to follow your cause, without threatening them? Consider that your assignment for today. Feel free to work in groups of up to three, and bring me a written answer when class is over; I'll grade them and bring them back next class for reviews. I have spare paper and pens if you didn't bring any. Good luck!"

Devin produced the pen and paper from her abdomen, making sure that her movements were out of sight before raising her hands to place them on the table. She knew that she had to get that guy to join her group, lest he say something dumb. However, before Devin could stand, one of her classmates appeared next to her, chuckling.

"Good job shutting down bird brain like that!" The boy grinned. "A tad too gentle for my taste though. Let's see if we can use that head of yours to work on this assignment, huh?"

She recognized him from first period, a bit of a loudmouth, probably a quick temper given how he reacted in Psychology. However, she laughed inside, knowing that his voice as the one that shouted "JABRONI" when she screeched.

"Well, we must always choose our words carefully. I should have used a bit more tact, personally, but the result is satisfactory. As I'm sure you heard the teacher say, my name's Devin. And you're... Randall?"

She gave him a soft smile, a tranquil look about her. She wondered if he even recognized her from before, which tempted her to play a little game of change blindness with him... But she had more important matters to address.

"I'll gladly work with you, but I'd quite like to work with Inu, as well. Groups of three are allowed, after all! So, if you have no objections... Why don't we head over there?"

Before waiting for a response, she stood, scooped up her writing materials, and headed towards the hellhound from hell behind her. She really didn't care if Randall followed or not, figuring someone like him had very little to add to the assignment... But she supposed helping him not look like an idiot day 1 may get her some points. Sidling up to Inu's desk, Devin quickly pulled a pair of chairs with her, setting them up around the desk, and sitting down rather softly.

"Hello again~" Her smile persisted, voice saccharine, "Wanna work with me and Mr... Dukes?" She glanced over her shoulder to see if Randall would join them, her hands placing her materials on Inu's desk.

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

"Do you bleed?" Were the girl's first words towards him.  The phrase took him back...back to that Vlotto forsaken operating table.  It was the same question asked by those earth scientists...before they cut into him.  It started to make Vix'us hyperventilate, until the girl spoke again.   "Ah, no, sorry. That was not very proper of me. Goodness what you must think of me. U-um, hello there, I'm Mary, thank you for agreeing to work with me...would you like to take a seat?"

Vix'us regained his composure.  He nodded and took the seat that Mary had offered him.  

"Greeting Maree.  I am Vix'us."  

"I suppose I should start.  I personally wouldn't threaten someone to get them to join me even if that weren't disallowed in this assignment. As you can see I'm not quite intimidating." The girl giggled.  The girl wasn't quite intimidating at all, personally.  So why she said that, Vix'us did not understand. "So I think it'd be better to promise them something. Money, freedom...pleasure."  The girls complexion turned red a bit.  Could hoomans change the pigment of their skin at will...or was this another thing he didn't quite understand?

"You are correct...you are the least intimidating Hooman in this area."  Vix'us said sternly.  "Of course, a good leader doesn't have to threaten to get another to join a cause.  Money is a good solution...offer any being any currency, and they're sure to surrender their values at some point."  His home planet tended to have the same goings on.  High earning traders often influenced policy.  It was the same on eeerth he supposed.  "However...things like currency and pleasantries are only temporary...they will only ask for more and more and more to sustain their greed.  If those demands are not met...they will surely turn on you.  All efforts will be in vain."  Vix'us rubbed the top of his beak.  "No..instead you must offer them something more permanent.  Glory..."  Vix'us looked at Mary again.  "You tell them that there names will be written in the stars...for infamy or glory.  That the society they will remake in their image will be more glorious than any generation prior.  Yes...that is the only way Maree."  He crossed his arms and nodded pretentiously.    

The strange being kept referring to "humans" in a way that made Mary realize that he most certainly was from another world. Mary knew that he was clearly inhuman in some way but she wasn't sure until now what he was exactly.

It seemed he believed her to be the smallest threat, which gave Mary a thrill. If it came down to it she wondered how surprised he would be if she ever decided to harm him...and how exciting his surprise would make it.

She should probably focus on the assignment...for now. "I'm not sure what it's like...where you're from. But there are plenty of humans who don't care for glory. Even myself, I don't need my name known. I just want to have fun with friends without worrying about those silly laws." She thought for a moment. "I suppose it all depends on the person. It's hard to say how to convince someone in general, the best way to convince people depends on the individual after all. Take us, for example, what would work for you wouldn't for me."

She smiled at him. "Of course the solution to demands not being met is to get rid of them before they can turn on you. You can promise anything if you intend to kill them before you have to give them anything." As she said that the slightest hint of crazy crossed her eyes. A dangerous flash, a savage stare. "It'd be fun to tear them apart when they think you're on their side."

She blinked a few times, averted her gaze, and giggled nervously. "Just kidding."

3Q9bv2S.png

The students were grouping up for Afterthought's assignment. As much as Camille was pretty sure she could do it herself, wasn't it a bit odd to not try to get in with a group like everyone else? Was this supposed to actually be a group assignment that tested each student's sense of initiative in finding partners? It was true that villains - much like heroes - often made impromptu partnerships in the moment to overcome various obstacles. Was Afterthought just testing their ability to do that? Thinking about it more, that can't be the case. That would be ridiculous. A group of three had already formed with one of the rash boys from Psychology, a white-haired boy Camille also spotted during Psychology, and... was that entire group in Psychology? Come to think of it, the blonde girl grouping up with the tall bird-man was also in Psychology! How peculiar! Psychology and Linguistics must have been popular classes.

As the girl and the bird-man were discussing their assignment, Camille made her way toward the forming group. The bird - the teacher said his name was Vixen, right? - proposed that promises of glory were a good way to convince people to join a cause. The blonde, whose name Camille couldn't recall hearing about, didn't seem to think it would be an all-encompassing method. She had a point. There were people who didn't care for glory out there; she'd even heard of heroes who matched the description. Now seemed like a good time to offer up her own ideas, once the girl had finished speaking.

"If you wouldn't mind my joining your group," Camille started, "I think a good way to appeal to somebody willing to follow a villain's cause is to be specific about who you recruit. Generally, a villain needs people at their side willing to stop a hero, so making them question the hero's credibility might be a good starting point. I seem to recall there being multiple heroes who have no qualms about damaging property or even killing people if they deem it necessary. Calling into question if they're really heroes worth admiring - especially if they're people who those heroes have accidentally wronged - can rally people against a hero, right?"

Arleigh

Arleigh sat in Linguistics, stoic as a statue, and quiet, save for the subtle groan escaping her vocal chords; a steady tone that seemed to last the entirety of the teacher speaking and establishing what their class would be about. Arleigh had gone into this class thinking it would be about simple grammar and etymology, an easy 'A' for her to accomplish and waste time in. Instead, she was given some bullshit about stopping heroes with """words""" and getting people to join her """cause""".

Whatever that meant.

Arleigh never wanted henchmen. She never wanted a personal army or anything close to an organization. All of this was too much work to accomplish simple goals of killing world leaders and inciting war and chaos. Why bother spending all the time trying to organize all of those people, pay them or whatever, when she could just do all of this herself? She would probably need to buy them guns, too. Not really anyone else could do what she could. Aria glowered down at her empty paper. What a waste of time, none of this was applicable to what she wanted to do. She paused for a moment, thinking. Does inciting populations into riots count? Maybe it did. Hopefully it did. If it didn't, then Aria would probably fail this class anyways. She reached over, grabbed her pen, and began to scrawl a simple, grandiose speech on the paper hastily.

Do you all see this man? This is the man who once lead your country. He maintained order, was feared, was liked by some and hated by many. Do you see him? Do you see him dead, bleeding like any other rat on the street? These people who lead your country are no different from you or me. They want you to think they're stronger, but they'll bleed and die just like the rest of us. And for whatever fleeting strength their weapons may give them, they can't hope to stand up to all of you when you rise. If you're done letting these people walk all over you, then take up arms, take to the streets, and show them how weak they really are.

Arleigh looked at her paper with an annoyance, and signed her name and the date on the top. Then, she took her paper to the front of the class, early, and almost slammed it on the teacher's desk.

"I'm done. May I go, now?" She said with a bored annoyance.

4UuhTQy.png

"The one and only!" He responded to the girl, impressed that she knew his name. He knew he had made the right choice, although she'd need to be whipped into shape a bit - she was way too well spoken. 

"I'll gladly work with you, but I'd quite like to work with Inu, as well. Groups of three are allowed, after all! So, if you have no objections... Why don't we head over there?" Without waiting, she made her way towards the mutt from his first class. Randall couldn't help but laugh, although he was annoyed that she hadn't waited for him. He didn't really care about working with the dog or not, so he followed behind her. "Wanna work with me and Mr... Dukes?" The name Mr. Dukes made him grit his teeth in rage. It was the name people used for his father all the time, and he hated it.

"Mr. Dukes is my father, thank you very much!" He shouted angrily, taking a seat near the two. "So ya with us or not, hell boy?" 

Inu sighed to himself as he heard the assignment. He had to interact with mortals? He wasn't like he specifically disliked mortals, it was just that this particular set of them annoyed the sheet out of him. He was gathering his things to get up, when suddenly, a guardian devil decided to cut him some slack.

"Hello again~" The one from eariler--- Devin, was it? --- approached him, "Wanna work with me and Mr... Dukes?"

"Mr. Dukes is my father, thank you very much!" The angry one from earlier shouted angrily, taking a seat near the two. "So ya with us or not, hell boy?"

"Hellboy?" Inu asked as he looked to them blinking. "Did my human disguise slip up already?" He asked as one of his wolf ears twitched in annoyance. "Not even one funking day, funking double Hell...," he muttered. Shaking his head, he nodded at the two. "Sure, I'll be glad working with you two. It's better than working with the other morons in the class," He opened up his notebook, flipping it to a page rapidly, grabbing his pen and spinning it. "Alright, so I guess I'll start," He said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a pair of reading glasses, slipping them on. "Personally, I believe the best way to make people join you without threats is bribery. Offer things like resources to squander, power to abuse... babes in slutty armor. Or dudes, if they're into that...," He quickly scribbled it down before looking up at his two partners. "What do you all think?"

"What do YOU want with Stormcrash?" she asked, leaning over his desk in the space of an instant, her eyes twin points of searing light. "Because lemme tell ya, Hoodie: He's mine." She punctuated this with a thumb being jerked in her direction. "But I'll tell you what... You can have the leftovers when I'm done."

"I'm fine with that deal," The boy said. "As long as I can turn his filthy, horrible self into art...," But before he could go on, Hitler appeared in the room. Actual Factual Hitler. It apparently sent Kess on edge as well.

"What. The funk." She pushed a desk aside as she strode to the front of the classroom, rounding around the easel to look at their teacher's face. "He..." She looked back at the hooded boy. "You mean he's HITLER? Actual, factual Hitler?" She was repulsed already. "I know this is a villainschool but... What the hell, man?" She was visibly angry now, and she reached out to steady herself as she started breathing hard, hand bracing itself around the edge of Hitler's easel. Sparks blasted from her hand, scorch marks lancing across the wood, the edge of his canvas smoking. 

"I came here to fight those damn heroes... Not to be taught by some genocidal jabroni," she seethed. 

"funk, I vas making kood brogress as vell..." Hitler muttered as he stood up. He was about to speak, when another student walked in. 

“Sieg Heil! Or something like that, I suppose.” It seemed this student knew the sparky one, as they started to insult them. "Honored to meet you, Mein Führer~♪ Fräulein Afterthought has requested you answer a small question for her. She wishes to call upon the skills of a talented orator, such as yourself, to complement her class lesson~♪ She of course, guarantees that a substitute will be found to lead the class while you are away. Do you wish to grace another class with your presence at this time~? Or are you perhaps more interested in this one?”

"Let her know I am villing to help her lezon," Hitler stated. "As for you...," He walked over to Kess, raising his hand to backslap her. However, his hand... simply went through her, and other than a cold chill down her back, she was unharmed. "You zee, I am vat is knovn as ein ghost. You can't hurt me, nor can I you... not vith mein pody. Other opchects, hoveffer...," He picked up his chair. "Getding zee bicture, young lady? Now zit dovn."

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

"I'm not sure what it's like...where you're from. But there are plenty of humans who don't care for glory. Even myself, I don't need my name known. I just want to have fun with friends without worrying about those silly laws.  I suppose it all depends on the person. It's hard to say how to convince someone in general, the best way to convince people depends on the individual after all. Take us, for example, what would work for you wouldn't for me.  Of course the solution to demands not being met is to get rid of them before they can turn on you. You can promise anything if you intend to kill them before you have to give them anything." It was then, after that statement, that the girl's expression totally changed.  It almost made Vix'us jump in his chair, a biological reaction to danger as it were. "It'd be fun to tear them apart when they think you're on their side."

This girl...the thought of betraying an ally...excited her?  Her demeanor then quickly returned to normal, as she gave off a noise that he had recently studied in hoomans.  The 'laff'.  Usually an indicator of accepting humorous stimulation.  

"Just kidding."

Vix'us was glad that the girl had only been 'kidding'.  

"Yes.  Destroying your allies isn't the best way to recruit more.  The Vol'thoo'maranian way is that of honor.  We uphold our debts with our life, need be.  The thought of killing one's own partner, promising them the world...it sickens me."  

"If you wouldn't mind my joining your group," It was a bit abrupt, but another hooman female had joined their group, "I think a good way to appeal to somebody willing to follow a villain's cause is to be specific about who you recruit. Generally, a villain needs people at their side willing to stop a hero, so making them question the hero's credibility might be a good starting point. I seem to recall there being multiple heroes who have no qualms about damaging property or even killing people if they deem it necessary. Calling into question if they're really heroes worth admiring - especially if they're people who those heroes have accidentally wronged - can rally people against a hero, right?"

"Questioning the morals of the ones above you?  Making mortal men fear what could potentially happen to them, should a hero ever deem their dwellings as a meager battlegrounds.  That may work...but seeing as how that not every single hero falls under those categories, would it be simple to take them all down like that?"  

4UuhTQy.png

"Hellboy?" Inu asked as he looked to them blinking. "Did my human disguise slip up already?" He asked as one of his wolf ears twitched in annoyance. "Not even one fu​cking day, fu​​cking double Hell...," Randall wasn't sure what he was going on about. Appernatly his nickname for the fire wielder actually had some meaning behind it... was this kid trying to say he was from Hell? That was absurd! Regardless, Wolfy had decided to work with them as he pulled out a notebook. "Personally, I believe the best way to make people join you without threats is bribery. Offer things like resources to squander, power to abuse... babes in slutty armor. Or dudes, if they're into that...," He quickly scribbled it down before looking up at his two partners. "What do you all think?" Randall scoffed a bit.

The assignment brought back memories of his father's teachings, which caused him to grimace. Still, he had given Randall some pretty good advice on the subject, and he had seen it work first hand. Even without his father's quirk, he was damn good at getting people to follow him. "I guess that'd work on some idiot with no sense of passion, but that sh​it won't fly with a lot of people. Specially those who are adamant about what they believe. Plus, when sh​it hits the fan, anyone who took a bribe will be the first to leave your a​ss." He stated, leaning back on his chair. He spoke in an uncharacteristically low monotone, almost like he was reciting something from memory. "If you really want people to follow you, ya have to convince them what you want is what they want. Feed them your ideas and make them think it's their own. Once you do that it'll be near impossible for someone to fight against it." 

Shortly after reciting his speech, he suddenly jolted upwards, slamming his fist on the desk. "OF COURSE THAT SH​IT'S FOR THE FU​CKING BI​RDS!" He shouted, returning to his old, loud mouthed ways. "So that's why you do the next best thing - beat them into submission! Force them to join you through sheer strength alone!" He stood up, planting his foot on his chair. "Eliminate the thought of betrayal by giving them hell for even considering it! Most importantly of all, though, make sure they fear you! Fear is, after all, the most powerful human emotion! Make someone fear you, and they become your puppet!"

The chair Hitler was holding erupted into splinters, sundered by Kess' bolt. That wasn't the only victim. Kess' bolt was so large that it branched out and scored burn marks all over the wall behind Hitler as well. Gasping for breath, Kess wavered on her feet, knowing instantly that she shouldn't have done that. Her vision blurred momentarily before snapping dizzyingly back into focus, the face of Hitler still before her, his spectral body unharmed by contact with her powers. 

"You evil JABRONI," she gasped, breath seething out through gritted teeth. "Go back to hell where you came from. Even I have STANDARDS, you transparent funk." She barked at Rain too. "You dumb son of a jabroni, Mirren! Stop acting like talking to Hitler is completely normal!"

She reached out, steadying herself against the wall. She was visibly upset, but also visible was the bead of sweat on her brow. She had overexerted herself, and she knew it. She glared at Hitler and his transparent body, snarling furiously. "I don't give a damn what I have to do... If there's a way to hurt a ghost I'll goddamn FIND IT," she swore vehemently, stalking back to her table, trying not to trip in her lightheadedness. She made it back, collapsing in the chair furiously, glaring witheringly up at the front of the class as she tried to regain her breath. After a few tense moments, her chest stopped aching, her arm ceasing the trembling the bolt had left behind. She let out a frustrated sigh, tilting her head back and staring up at the ceiling.

"The hell's your deal with Stormcrash then?" she asked out of nowhere, the question directed at the hooded boy. Her eyes drifted down from the ceiling, one of them visible to the boy as she stared intently at him, gaze ever so narrow. "He funk you over too? Go on... Care to share?" She sounded curious, but there was an underlying edge to her voice that was unmistakable. 

Devin had listened to Inu's ideas, preparing to speak before Randall's surprisingly articulate reply, even if she didn't quite agree. And at the end of his small speech...

"If you really want people to follow you, ya have to convince them what you want is what they want. Feed them your ideas and make them think it's their own. Once you do that it'll be near impossible for someone to fight against it."

"My, my, that's quite impre-"

"OF COURSE THAT SH​IT'S FOR THE FU​CKING BI​RDS!"

As Randall continued speaking, the small bit of respect Devin had developed for him vanished. She so badly wished to shut him up, casting a sideways glance at Inu. Once Randall had finished, Devin cleared her throat and spoke up, twirling a bit of her golden hair. 

"Even if we do subscribe to the idea that force is the best method... That has nothing to do with our current assignment. Sooo, why don't we just stick with that first part, hm?"

Tapping her pen to her lips, the shapeshifter looked between the two boys. Both of them had points, however...

"Inu's points work well for someone who you think is going to bend easily, or, as Randall said, isn't exactly passionate... But Randall's ideas also fall short on similar people. You're never going to convince someone who truly believes in their cause. It would also fail in regards to someone you only have to deal with for a short amount of time... But, I suppose it suffices for this assignment. Afterthought didn't specify how long the follower had to stick around, only that they had to follow you... and you two probably covered the majority of it."

Devin began to write the answers down, not waiting for the boys to respond. If she gave them any breathing room, they'd slip up again, like Randall's later comments. Before she could get a protest from either of them, she hopped up, gave them a quick smile, and scurried to the front.

"Ms. Afterthought?" The shapeshifter asked softly, cocking her head slightly, "Would you mind if I handed in my answers a few minutes early? I think I've gotten the best I can out of those two boys."

"Yes.  Destroying your allies isn't the best way to recruit more.  The Vol'thoo'maranian way is that of honor.  We uphold our debts with our life, need be.  The thought of killing one's own partner, promising them the world...it sickens me." 

Honor? That wasn't a word she expected to hear in this place. It was...intruiging. This alien creature was getting more interesting by the moment. A plan began to form in Mary's head. She knew she wasn't a physically impressive person, and she wasn't all too interested in fighting. If she were to get violent she would rather it be in a more...private affair. So perhaps, if she made this guy her friend, she would be set for the future.

Of course, she was thrilled at the idea of making a friend on its own, but there was something...exciting about the idea of having a friend she could use as well.

Before she responded someone else approached.
"If you wouldn't mind my joining your group, I think a good way to appeal to somebody willing to follow a villain's cause is to be specific about who you recruit. Generally, a villain needs people at their side willing to stop a hero, so making them question the hero's credibility might be a good starting point. I seem to recall there being multiple heroes who have no qualms about damaging property or even killing people if they deem it necessary. Calling into question if they're really heroes worth admiring - especially if they're people who those heroes have accidentally wronged - can rally people against a hero, right?"

"Questioning the morals of the ones above you?  Making mortal men fear what could potentially happen to them, should a hero ever deem their dwellings as a meager battlegrounds.  That may work...but seeing as how that not every single hero falls under those categories, would it be simple to take them all down like that?" 

There were so many people talking to her...Mary felt a bit nervous. It was like having a group of friends, like those shows she sometimes watched alone in her room, laying in bed and wondering what that kind of life would be like...

Now that she was in the midst of people she wasn't sure what she should do. Should she try and impress them? Or perhaps it was more correct to be agreeable. She wanted them to like her after all, but which would be more likeable to these two.

The alien spoke of honor, he was possibly more primitive in his thinking, being equal would be more to his taste. Unless he was also primitive in his ideas of females, though he hadn't shown that yet...

Camille was an unknown, though, so perhaps she should gauge her reactions first.

Mary realized she had been silent for a while now. "I guess...the problem with the question is we don't know the situation. If we need to get a lot of people to follow that's different than trying to get a specific group. And if there's preparation time or if its on the spot. I suppose...the real answer is all of the above? I mean, why not give people as many reasons to follow as you can? The question wants us to narrow it down to one thing but it doesn't make sense not to do everything you can."

She looked at each of them and gave a shy smile. "At least, that's what I think."

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren
mMh3ba1.png

Rain’s eyes lit up upon Hitler’s acceptance of the offer. Everything was just dandy. He walked towards the door to hold it open for the former-dictator, but it seemed as if the instructor had a few last words for Kess. Nodding appreciatively, he motioned towards Hitler.

“Right this way, Mein Führer~♪”

Humming, Rain traced the walls with a fingertip as he led Hitler back to Afterthought’s classroom. Knocking on the door twice in quick, sturdy succession, Rain waited two seconds before pushing the door open gently. Poking his head in, he waved at Afterthought.

“I have arrived with yours truly, instructor. Should I leave once more to request the services of Instructor Bloodstone, or does the Führer suffice?”

Standing calmly, he waited for the instructor’s words.

mMh3ba1.png

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Like clockwork, Victor kept up with the other robots that were cleaning up Dr. Cagey's classroom. He knew they'd probably be done way faster without him, but nevertheless, he took this as a learning experience. Namely...to see Cagey's robots in action, well, action even if it was just them running around the classroom for Cagey.

He took a small break, sitting down at a nearby table as he pulled out his cellphone and opened it's notepad feature. In a new notepad, Victor began to type up what Tempest Man had explained to him. Of course, he named this new note "Dr. Cagey's Hierarchy/Pecking Order" and wrote everything down that he could, ending the document with of course, himself. However, he also added what the robot "Enka" mentioned: the Zeroth Unit and the Eldest. These were put in a category all its own, only headed "???".

The Zeroth Unit and the Eldest...both sound like they might be incredibly powerful. I might have to pry for some information regarding those two a bit later. he thought, before closing that document and opening his current assignment list he got from Hitler. A great feat...and failure. Well the feat is pretty damn easy.

Victor put his phone down before looking at Dr. Cagey and the robots there. "Excuse me. But since the room is currently clean, would it be alright if I work on a bit of homework I happen to have from History?" he asked. "It isn't going to take too long."

• 2 weeks later...

3Q9bv2S.png

"Questioning the morals of the ones above you? Making mortal men fear what could potentially happen to them, should a hero ever deem their dwellings as a meager battlegrounds. That may work...but seeing as how that not every single hero falls under those categories, would it be simple to take them all down like that?" 

"I guess...the problem with the question is we don't know the situation. If we need to get a lot of people to follow that's different than trying to get a specific group. And if there's preparation time or if its on the spot. I suppose...the real answer is all of the above? I mean, why not give people as many reasons to follow as you can? The question wants us to narrow it down to one thing but it doesn't make sense not to do everything you can. At least, that's what I think."

Well, when the human girl put it that way... she wasn't wrong, was she? Camille thought about the responses from her sudden partners (even if she was the one who selected them). Both of them had a good point. Not all heroes were the types that could be called into question like that. But at the same time, it was a question that didn't really specify much for the situation, the hero they were to be opposing, or even what kinds of people they were recruiting. The vampire nodded in agreement. Nodding her head toward the bird, Camille started "He's got a point that works with yours. Not every hero is the type that you can make people think that way about. And different people have different motivators. Some people would leap at the chance for immortality, and others would shy away. So, anything goes. But we need a written answer before class is over."

Now turning her gaze directly at the human girl, Camille asked "Do you want the honors?"

wqaKVFc.jpg

Meanwhile, at the front of the classroom, Afterthought watched over the class from her seat at her desk, glancing between the students and the stack of papers that contained their files. Two students was already turning in the answers to the assignment. The first one was... Arleigh. That was her name.

Do you all see this man? This is the man who once lead your country. He maintained order, was feared, was liked by some and hated by many. Do you see him? Do you see him dead, bleeding like any other rat on the street? These people who lead your country are no different from you or me. They want you to think they're stronger, but they'll bleed and die just like the rest of us. And for whatever fleeting strength their weapons may give them, they can't hope to stand up to all of you when you rise. If you're done letting these people walk all over you, then take up arms, take to the streets, and show them how weak they really are.

"I'm done. May I go, now?"

"Yes. Good job bringing an answer so soon."

"Ms. Afterthought? Would you mind if I handed in my answers a few minutes early? I think I've gotten the best I can out of those two boys."

"I don't mind at all," the teacher answered, taking and looking over the answers Devin and Arleigh had submitted. Very good! And with perfect timing, too! Not long after Afterthought set the papers face-down on her desk, Rain had returned. And brought Hitler with him.

“I have arrived with yours truly, instructor. Should I leave once more to request the services of Instructor Bloodstone, or does the Führer suffice?”

"Hm?" Afterthought looked over in Rain's direction, seeing behing the child, none other than the ghost of Nazi Germany's leader. "Oh my goodness, Mr. Hitler!" she exclaimed, jumping up from the chair and knocking it down. She seemed as though she wasn't expecting him so soon. "I'm so sorry, I sent young Mr. Mirren here to ask about if you'd like to come to my class to give the students some pointers on speeches and the like, but I didn't mean today! It was my mistake. Sorry."

4UuhTQy.png

"Even if we do subscribe to the idea that force is the best method... That has nothing to do with our current assignment. Sooo, why don't we just stick with that first part, hm?" Randall growled at the girl, but before he could say anything she started writing stuff down. This girl was something all right, something that pissed him off. He listened as she told him and Inu what she was going to write down on the paper, shaking his head when Devin dared to put his suggestion at the same level as a bribery. She clearly didn't understand the power of fear, maybe one day he'll teach her. Regardless, she went off to turn in the paper before anyone could say anything. Rolling his eyes, he turned to Inu.

"What a bi​tch." He scoffed, before standing up. "Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Assignment was fu​cking dumb anyways." Randall let out a yawn, before stretching his limbs off. This class was boring.

"He's got a point that works with yours. Not every hero is the type that you can make people think that way about. And different people have different motivators. Some people would leap at the chance for immortality, and others would shy away. So, anything goes. But we need a written answer before class is over."

Mary was relieved to hear the response, she hadn't made the wrong choice with her after all. Perhaps they could be friends after all. With Alex and Patton that would make three, and four if the alien also wished to be friends. The thought made her giddy, though with that giddiness came some...other thoughts. Of what she could do with all these friends...or what they could do with her...

"Do you want the honors?"

Mary snapped out of it and looked up at the girl. "Oh, yes, of course, right away." Mary said. She had to get something written down to turn out. Taking pen to paper she jotted down an answer that would combine what the three had discussed, though she didn't write about the "honor" thing that Vix had mentioned.

Taking a last look over the paper she nodded. "That will do it." She gazed up shyly at her two partners. "I hope we can get along through our school year." She said. Picking up the paper she headed towards the desk. Though she paused next to the girl, there was something primal about her that intrigued Mary. She couldn't help but whisper. "I'm sure we can be especially close eventually." before heading over to the teacher, her heart thudding at a rapid rate.

It was then she noticed someone rather...familiar. Only because of history books and shows, though. She wasn't sure how to feel about this. Though as she looked him over and realized his...physical state, she became a little dejected. What a useless teacher...

"Excuse me, ma'am. Sorry to interrupt but I have my finished assignment. I worked on it with those two over there, and I hope it's up to par...Oh, but if it's not, please just punish me...Please." She squirmed a bit at the thought, struggling to avoid showing too much eagerness.

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

Ah, I messed up.

Rain resisted the urge to fidget, his eyes flickering between the two instructors. After it seemed Afterthought had finished talking, Rain tentatively raised their hand. Afterthought’s reaction was that of genuine surprise, but given he had erred already, he had no desire to draw her ire. Taking a deep breath, the young boy spoke calmly.

“If I may speak… should I escort the Führer back to his classroom? Or should I take your message to Instructor Bloodstone next, with the clarification that the request for her services is not today?”

Waiting for the response, Rain took a few moments to observe the currently ongoing class. A few familiar faces were there, as well as some that were not. It seemed as if Afterthought had set the class upon some type of group-discussion activity, judging from the actions of the other students. His eyes drifted across the room as he wondered what sort of activity Afterthought could have schemed up for her class, before returning to settle on the two instructors.

mMh3ba1.png

3Q9bv2S.png

"Oh, yes, of course, right away." Camille watched as the girl jotted down an answer, which amounted to a combination of everything the group had pitched in for an answer to the teacher's question. "That will do it. I hope we can get along through our school year. I'm sure we can be especially close eventually."

Something about that girl felt... a little off. Just a little bit. It was interesting! Camille wanted to investigate and find out just what it was that felt off. Getting close to her was probably a good way to go about that. Besides, in the event that this girl turned out to be super-powerful, it would be good to have her as a friend and ally, instead of as an enemy. "I'd like that," she whispered back, as the other girl went toward the front desk to turn in the assignment.

wqaKVFc.jpg

At the front desk, Afterthought turned her attention to the girl - this one was Mary - as she turned in her assignment. "Excuse me, ma'am. Sorry to interrupt but I have my finished assignment. I worked on it with those two over there, and I hope it's up to par...Oh, but if it's not, please just punish me...Please."

The teacher could see the girl squirm just a little bit at the mention of punishing her. It made Afterthought curious about just what was going on up in Mary's head, and what had caused her to end up like that. She could think of a few possibilities, but that wasn't the type of thing a teacher should be investigating about their students. She'd have to leave it at that, as much as it made her curious. "Alright, good work, you three."

“If I may speak… should I escort the Führer back to his classroom? Or should I take your message to Instructor Bloodstone next, with the clarification that the request for her services is not today?”

"I'll speak to Miss Bloodstone myself later today. You can--"

And then the class bell rung. Third period was ending. "Oh. Well then, I guess hurry along to your next class. I'm sorry for the inconvenience again, Mr. Hitler. The rest of you, good job on today's assignment. I hope you all learned something today. Head off to your next class now, and make sure to behave! We may be a villain school, but that doesn't mean we have to all be cutthroats and killers."

rncZu7Z.jpg

As the students moved on to their fourth period classes, those heading for PE class would have to gather in the school's gymnasium. There, they would be met with their PE teacher, Bloodstone. A villain who made her name and fame as a serial killer, targeting those without powers of their own to pave the way for a utopia of those blessed by evolution with powers. She looked over each student as they walked into the room, weighing them up in her mind. She'd read all the files. She knew what each student was capable of. By the time she was through with them, as long as she had anything to say about it, they'd be capable of much more.

"Welcome to physical education," she started, a sharp tone in her voice. "I am your teacher, Bloodstone. Because today's classes will be short, there will be no proper assignment for today. However! That doesn't mean this will be a free period to slack off! Today, I want each of you to step up, introduce yourselves to the class, and explain what your powers are capable of. Let's start with..."

Bloodstone's eyes fell on one of the boys in the class. "You! Short kid with the red hair!"

DeDVsZR.jpg

Those heading for Theatrics, meanwhile, would enter the designated classroom to find it empty. Devoid of a teacher. Once the class had all gathered, however, they'd find that the lights suddenly went out, and a voice rang in through speakers installed throughout the room.

"Attention, students of Carnivile's theatrics class..."

And then suddenly, from behind the whiteboard at the front of the class, a figure jumped through the wall. Closer observation of the whiteboard pieces on the floor would reveal to anyone curious enough to look, that it was just painted cardboard. Standing amidst the pieces, however, was the teacher. Carnivile herself. A villain whose motives remained unknown, but whose name was tough to forget, as few villains exhibited dramatic flair quite like she did.

"Lesson Number One! Always know how to make an entrance! And I mean always!"

Carnivile looked at her students. She didn't recognize anyone here. There were supposed to be files or something, but she'd been too busy setting up props for her numerous entrances she'd have to make throughout the day. Raising a finger up to the ceiling, as the hand behind her back flipped a remote switch to turn the lights back on, she exclaimed, "And your assignment for today, is... names! No, not your regular people names. Villain names! Like me, Carnivile, or N. Ox, or Departed. The name you pick is a big part of how people will remember you. We're not even going to begin talking about why Laughy McTrollface's villain career was abysmally awful and forgettable, but his name was part of it. So! Today, you'll all pick what name the world will fear you by!"

Archived