A School of Villains [IC/Not Accepting/PG-16]

King K. Azo

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

This whole time, Vix'us had ignored the trifling prattles of the Eerthlings behind him.  Were they all capable of such squabbling...this Eerth school would prove to be the death of his calm demeanor.  Nevertheless, Vix'us worked in tedium.  With these slightly archaic materials, he would surely be able to create something relatively simple.  It started out as a metal disc, but he added on a small, round, metal wall enclosing a large space.  That's where he started placing wires, weaving them in a specific pattern.  These would relay the electricity needed to juice this bad boy.  If only he had an atomizing sphere, this would be a lot more simple.  

He was able to construct a makeshift alloy that would take the place of the atomizing sphere, and covered the top of the opening with it.  Plugging it into an electrical source, the insides of the device began to whir excitedly.  A blue light permeated the top of the metallic half-circle, and reached all the way up until it was stopped by the ceiling.  A small pillar of light was emanating from the device, as little sparks traveled up and down.  Vix'us grabbed a screw driver he had been using, and tossed it into the pillar.  The screwdriver stopped it's path once it reached the pillar, losing all of it's kinetic energy, and instead, traveled upwards towards the ceiling.  It clanked with it, and playfully turned about inside the pillar.  

"It's finished..."  Vix'us said, crossing his arms and looking towards the teacher.  

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's all great," Kess told Departed, nonplussed. She didn't really like the way this lady was talking to her. Like she was the earthworm Departed used in her analogy. Her hands tightened on the desk as kess restrained herself from raising her voice. "I was hoping for something more... practical, i guess."

She was not impressed by this lady's promises. She had been hoping she was going to be given an actual example. Like setting a wizard's books on fire. Now, Kess could do that. Frowning, Kess turned, face morphing into a scowl when her eyes rested on Rain. She stalked across the room, small sparks racing through her palms. They flared up momentarily when she slammer them into Rain's desk. Not as hard as she had back in The Globe's class, not hard enough to collapse it. Just hard enough to let the little idiot know she was angry. Her thunderous expression did that pretty well, too.

"I don't know," she hissed under her breath, just loud enough for her voice to carry for several desks around her, "Why every jabroni has a problem with me here today." She leered down at Rain, but her words were very clearly meant for everyone. "We're all here for our own reasons, shrimpy. I don't give a damn about yours, and you damn well better stay away from mine if you know what's good for you. Because I care very much about it... More than I care about how badly I hurt anyone here." 

She raised her head, looking around the classroom, finally acknowledging visibly that she was talking to them all. "Everybody got that?" she asked pointedly, sounding grouchy.

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn brat"

x393wz.jpg

"Oh, so eager, I'm not sure..." she responded, slightly blushing.  "I-I wouldn't want to do this where everyone could see, that would be far too much. Perhaps we could meet somewhere after school?"

"It's a date." Alex told her and at that moment sparky across the room started screaming. Again. Isn't there anything else she can do other than scream? She kept going on about people hurting her feelings and ended with her calling out the class. Feeling tired of her voice, he decided to try and shut this dog up. "Hey, you, sparky. I'm trying to plan something here, so if you can you just not feel the need to shout to the entire class for like, one class that'd be great." he said aloud while slowly putting a book to his face and back. "You know that we have other things to care for than your shrieks right?

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

Rain peered up the angry girl’s face, his face contorting as he tried to hold back a laugh. After she finished her little tirade, Rain could see some other red-headed boy brat speak up against this girl as well. After the boy finished, he locked his eyes onto Kess, clapping as slowly as he could while grinning from ear to ear.

“Bravo, bravo, how terrifying. Almost sounds like you were threatening that you could hurt me… or anyone else for that matter. As if you could. Pffft.”

Rain tilted his head and eyes to the side, in a patronizingly over-exaggerated gesture.

“Hmm, but…~♪ You don’t seemed to have learned your lesson from the last teacher yet. Maybe you need another cheek cut?”

He suddenly locked his eyes back at Kess, a lightbulb almost visible above his head.

“Ah, right. My name’s Mirren to you, brat. And who said anything about your reasons? No one cares about some random mongrel’s reasons.”

Rain shrugged, yawning. His eyes were now as dead as the empty void of outer space as they gazed disinterestedly. At that moment, it would be unmistakably clear that he held as much regard for her as he would for a slug.

“But given that the only thing you’ve done till now… was be a nuisance for every other person in the same room as you…The very least you could do is hold your tongue, mutt.”

Making a shoo-shoo gesture towards her face, Rain pulled out an expensive-looking cigar from a thin black disk that manifested midair in front of his hand. As an inky-black lighter clinked into his palm, he lit the cigar before throwing the lighter back through the disk, resting his arms back on the desk. Taking a long, deep drag, Rain exhaled the smoke back out contentedly in a thick cloud, as peaceful as could be on the surface.

Underneath his blank face, dozens of thoughts and calculations were running around at light speed within his head. Given all this provocation, it was almost guaranteed she would attack him. Factoring in her earlier exhaustion due to the mishaps of first period, her injury from the teacher, her less-than-calmly-analytical mental state, and her tendency to go into a blind anger upon provocation, the odds were stacked completely against Kess. She wasn’t one to be roundabout in any sort of matter, so the chances of a full-frontal brute-force attack was virtually predestined. Combined with all these other factors in addition to how Kess was a person who wore their heart on their sleeve, her eyes and body language constantly gave away hints as to every action she had taken since Rain had first laid eyes on her.

What would otherwise be a suicide wish to aggravate such a violently temperamental child with power to back it up was now swapped. Through carefully picked words and bait, Rain would dance her along like a puppet on a marionette’s strings. Kess was certainly fast, but under the given conditions, sending a portal flying up pre-emptively moments before to absorb the obvious incoming attack would be even faster. And if she decided to go through with a physical attack rather than solely lightning, the momentum of such would send her tumbling off balance.

Blankly staring at Kess’ face, Rain shrugged.

Ill befalls the reckless… And now, the curtain rises.

mMh3ba1.png

"Villains are bosses, like in a video game. When a villain becomes too powerful, too dominant, too notable, heroes rise up to defeat them... They encourage the growth of humanity and everyone else on the planet. And I want to be part of that growth. Everyone has to lose eventually, be they hero, villain, or neither. That's life. So, may as well force that growth with my own hands... or claws, or weapons, or... you know what I mean. Be the change you want to happen, eh?" Devin supplied. Robbie rubbed his chin, thinking to himself.

"Well, that in of itself sounds nice," He stated. "However, if you wanted only to be a change, as you said, then why be a villain specifically?" He put the pudding down as he started to place pizzas in the oven. "You can make as much of a change while being a hero, if not more. A villain's reach is limited, after all," he dusted his hands off. "It's almost as if the position of villain has been thrust upon you. My dear, you should never go into the profession of villain if you don't have a passion for it. Halfhearted conviction can get one killed," he paused, waiting for her to answer.

A wide grin crept across the face of the demon as he flew backwards. He form began to morph, growing horns and eyes popping out of his other cheek.

"AND JUST WHO IN THE FLYING FU​CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? I'M GOING TO MAKE THAT UGLY MUG OF YOURS CAVE INWARD!"

"τhατ'ṡ τhε ώαÿ, ώhεlρ! сøṃε ατ ṃε ṡø ï сαṉ ṡεṉḋ ÿøυ τø hεll!" The demon grinned widely, showing off sharp teeth as he conjured a black flame in his hand. However, as the two went to attack each other....

The Undefeatable

A windstorm suddenly was whipped up, one that felt like it belonged to a hurricane. The force of it was centered on Randall and the demon, causing the two to be sent flying across the room and pressed against the wall. The strong winds made it hard for the two to breathe. All loose items were flying around the room from the winds, and most students had to duck under the tables to avoid being blown away.

When it felt like the two couldn't take anymore, the winds died down, letting the two touch the ground. Dr. Cagey looked from his desk, his glasses catching the light and hiding his eyes. "I told all of you not break anything, or to get blood on them," He said ominously. "Now, if we have one more outburst, I will get N.Ox, and I assure you, Mr. Rotten wore through all the patience he had for the day," He nodded to Tempest Man, who's fan turned completely off, and the winds finally stopped. "You have 13 minutes now," He said as he went back to reading a book.

At the end of the thirteen minutes, he looked up, just as Vix'us called out that he finished. Dr. Cagey nodded, looking at the bird man. "Alright... then let's have the class present their projects," He cleared his throat. "Alright, now I'd like you to come up front and present what you made to the class, explaining what you made and giving us a demonstration. Come in any order that you'd like," He stated before waiting for the first person to come up. 

Arleigh

At the end of the allotted time, Dr. Cagey cleared his throat. "Alright... then let's have the class present their projects. Now I'd like you to come up front and present what you made to the class, explaining what you made and giving us a demonstration. Come in any order that you'd like," He stated before waiting for the first person to come up.

"Oh oh, me first," Arleigh said with false enthusiasm. She walked up to the front of the class and brandished a rather fancy-looking sub-machine gun in her hands. "I call this the Arleigh Schmidt Sub-Machine Gun," she began, fully aware of what that name would mean for the gun. "I really mostly just put together some spare parts to make the frame, which was simple, and had to cannibalize some components from different weapons to compose the innards. This gun fires 8x60mm rounds, which are actually quite absurdly big for a gun this size, so I had to do more than just combining the firing chamber of a rifle with the feeding and firing system of a sub-machine gun. Of course, I did need to tweak how fast the weapon would fire. First and foremost, I had to do a bit of modification to the magazine, which doesn't hold as many rounds as a more competent weapon, but that's the trade-off for the caliber. No, the big thing I had to do was make a separation between the outside frame and the inside components, using a couple high-tension springs to help control the recoil of such a stupid weapon. However, I have not had the chance to test this weapon." Arleigh turned to the general direction of the robots and the teacher. "If I may, is there an appropriate target I may test on?"

"Of course," Dr. Cagey responded, motioning for the robots who put together a impromptu, yet sturdy target.

"Thank you," Arleigh replied. "Now stand back."

Aiming the weapon, Arleigh began to fire. Thanks to the small size of the room, the gunshots reverberated loudly in the room, a surprisingly slow serious of deep, heavy metallic clunks. The target shook violently as the bullets made pennies against the surface of the target, but by the size of the indentations made by the bullets and how heavy they hit, it was obvious that the weapon hit like a truck. Of course, the gun only fired so many rounds before it made an empty clicking sound, fewer bullets than weapons of that type, smoke drifting from the barrel of the weapon. The robot turned the target toward the class, and despite how close Arleigh was in firing the weapon, the potential for how wide the spread of the fire could be was obvious.

"And of course, earning its namesake, the weapon has poor accuracy but will serve its purpose regardless. And that was my project, thank you," Arleigh concluded with a short bow, returning to her seat with her empty weapon and silently transforming her fore-arm into a replica, smiling broadly when the transformation was successful.

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Wiping his brow, Victor let out a small sigh as he looked down at his little project. A bit of a paint job was what he used the last little bit of the time he had left to work on. And at this moment, it looked quite good in regards to what he was expecting it to be. After finishing with the admiration of his completed work, he looked up and heard what Dr. Cagey said.

"Alright, now I'd like you to come up front and present what you made to the class, explaining what you made and giving us a demonstration. Come in any order that you'd like."

"Oh oh, me first!"

Victor was about to get up and present his creation, but Arleigh got up before him. He chuckled a bit at this. I guess her going first this time is just getting me back for going first for History. he thought with a small smile.

It was an impressive creation, it being a sub-machine gun. Of course, it did have quite the poor accuracy, but it was the thought that went into making this weapon. And for someone who could literally morph her hands into a gun barrel, it made perfect sense on why she would create such a weapon. As the young girl sat down, Victor put a small cloth on top of his creation and put it on a small hand pushed cart, making his way up to the front.

Taking a deep breath, he turned on his heel to look at the class and glanced over at Dr. Cagey. Here goes nothing...

"Fellow classmates, Dr. Cagey, and Dr. Cagey's creations." Victor began. "I present to you...S.H.A.D.E!"

-BGM-

With a quick flick of his wrist, he threw off the cloth and revealed a small mecha model. While it did still look like a plastic model, those who saw it could still tell that there was more than meets the eye with it. "S.H.A.D.E. or Skilled Handcrafted Android Designed for Exploration specializes in the art of stealth. Designed for the purpose of entering different complexes and even areas too small for a normal sized individual. However, when stealth is out of the question or it gets found out, it can activate it's attack sequence."

Victor turned to face the small robot and waved his hand near it. Once he did, it's eyes flashed to life with a dark green and the places it was blue began to glow. After a moment, from its back erupted a beautiful indigo flame in the design of two butterfly wings.

"As you can see, if the situation calls for it, it can use the fire that it has for both an attack and an escape." he said, waving his hand near the model again, before seeing it deactivate and it's fire dying. "However, the only thing that S.H.A.D.E. is missing, would be an A.I. to make it fully functional." Finally, he exhaled some, finishing his explanation on his creation.

"Hey, look, the kid's trying to make a mini Shinobi Man!" Tempest Man chuckled, elbowing said robot. The ninja robot didn't answer, however. Dr. Cagey nodded.

"Not bad, especially for the time allotted. However, let me ask, is this the pinnacle of what you can do, or do you think you could make it better?"

Victor's heart was aflutter right now. To have Cagey ask this after saying that this wasn't bad made him feel great. Victor only nodded, giving off a small smile. "Dr. Cagey, sir...I know I can only improve from here."

"That's a good answer. I hope you took Software though... that would help with the A.I. issue you have."

"I did sir. I hope that it'll help me out." Victor nodded, before moving the cart back near his table and removed his creation off the cart and placed it back in front of him on the table. As he sat down, Victor had quite the smile on his face. This moment...right now...was the best day of his life.

4UuhTQy.png

As he got ready to launch himself at the demon boy, he felt a sudden rush of air blow him back onto the wall. He would let out a series of curses if the winds didn't make it hard to breath, let alone say much of anything. He felt like he was going to pass out, but just as he was about to black out the winds stopped. He fell onto the ground, panting as he looked up. "I told all of you not break anything, or to get blood on them," He said ominously. "Now, if we have one more outburst, I will get N.Ox, and I assure you, Mr. Rotten wore through all the patience he had for the day," He nodded to Tempest Man, who's fan turned completely off, and the winds finally stopped. "You have 13 minutes now," He said as he went back to reading a book.

Randall grimaced, turning to the demon. "If I see your a​ss after school, you're fuc​king dead kiddo. Ya hear!?" He barked, before making his way back to the desk. Things weren't looking good. He didn't have much time to build something from scratch. He let out a loud, annoyed sigh as he started to hammer metal with his abilities. He would figure something out. 

13 minutes had passed, and the teacher had started asking people to go up. Randall scoffed as the others showed off what they had made; the gun and the robot were a lot more impressive than what he had before it got burned. He sighed as the nerd looking kid went back to his seat. He might as well get this over with. He walked forward to the front of the class, holding a rod with a very dented metal ball on top of it. The ball had spikes unevenly distributed across it, and looked like it was made by slamming metal together. "I had something more impressive, but some as​shole decided that he wanted to show off." He glared at the demon boy, pointing to what remained of the pile of ashes on his desk. "Anyways, I only had 13 minutes to build this sh​it, so..." He shrugged, placing the rod behind his head. "Well if we're done here." He swung the rod in the air, making a satisfying swooshing sound, before making his way back to his desk.

Kess's face slowly split into a combination of a grin and a teeth-baring glare. Sparks lanced off her body yet again, the air crackling around her as Rain talked. 

"You think you're untouchable or somethin'?" she asked, leaning forward, her eyes glaring holes through Rain. She raised a hand, but did not move to strike Rain. She instead pointed at Alex directly, not taking her eyes off of Rain. "I'll screech as loud as I want; I've earned it as far as I'm concerned. You idiots think you can talk down to me? You idiots are cowering down here underground, picking away at your desks until the heroes get off their asses and decide to sweep us all aside!" 

She sneered down at Rain. "I've brought the fight to them already, you little IDIOT. You guys ever hear of Stormcrash? Up in New York?" She knew it was likely they had. She had seen her brother's face, enshrouded in his mask, on the television during her recovery period multiple times. Even thinking about it now still brought a little stab of anger in her belly. 

She raised her right hand, holding it palm open in front of Rain's face. "I smashed this into that stuck-up git's face," she said with finality. Her teeth bared again, this time in a grin, though it looked far more shark-like than most. "He's had his nose broken before... You can tell by the photos. TYL." 

Her other hand flexed from its position on Rain's desk. Sparks blossomed from it, enveloping the desk he sat at immediately. Rain's arms, directly upon the surface, were in severe danger of causing the boy to receive a shock. Kess knew this. She wanted to see it happen. She hadn't released enough to kill him, not even enough to hurt him, not really. But it would STING, and that was what she wanted. Whether she noticed or not, however, the sparks released from her hands fizzled out shortly after leaving her body, leaving the desk before her uncharred and the student unshocked.

"Don't funk with me, Mirren," she spat at him, her expression deadly serious now. "I don't care about any of you or this school; I'd LOVE it if they kicked me out. Because unlike you Saturday morning cartoon REJECTS, I don't NEED any of this to do what I came here for." With that, she turned, quivering in anger, glaring over her shoulder at Rain. After a brief moment, she strode off, stalking back to her desk, her shoulders shaking imperceptibly as she took deep breaths.

Only to be met with a quartet of bony arms as they reached up from the floor, gripping the girl by her wrists and ankles before she got far. Meanwhile, a similar group of arms was rising around Rain's desk.

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

As expected, the girl in front of him flew into a ballistic rage. Rain sat unfazed. Her body posture and language when she first raised her hand held no indications of it being used to potentially strike him. This was confirmed within a few seconds, as it pointed towards Alex - another red-head brat. Kess continued on with her tirade of bravado. Rain raised an eyebrow when she mentioned fighting Stormcrash though, a relatively famous local hero in a city he had visited once.

This little brat managed to break his nose? Hm… Interesting. Although she probably didn’t get away scot-free either. I wonder how much the sucker punch hurt~♪

Welp, that’s enough of poking at this toy… For now.

Would be inconvenient if I pushed her to the point of an extended grudge~♪

A shift in body position. A spark across the eyes. A violent, turbulent anger hitting a breaking point. And then suddenly, darkness obscured both of their sights.

Most people in this world would’ve been hard-pressed to beat Kess’ speed, let alone her power. Why, one might ask? Reaction to an attack was too slow. Even more so for someone with Kess’ abilities. While lightning was fortunately not as fast as light due to multiple factors, reacting to the initial flash, or even the twitch of her arm muscles a split second later as it processed her brain’s intent and signal would’ve been too slow.

Where Kess would be the fierce and mighty Goliath that none could seemingly dare to challenge, Rain was a deadly and cunning David. What was just a reckless jab towards the girl on the surface, was extremely well calculated beforehand.

Wasting her energy on aggression in the period right before. Being struck by a knife instantaneously from the teacher. The fact Kess was someone who placed brawns before brains. How provocation was clearly proven from earlier examples to send her into a blind rage. How she displayed just about every single thought and word just as clearly through her eyes and body language.

In no other circumstances would Rain have even dared to provoke her in the slightest. But where’s the fun in playing passive when he came across the 1 in 649,739 odds he held a royal flush?

And as such, in the moments before she could even discharge the electricity, Rain had already moved. Or tried to, at least. Try as he may have, Rain would find himself in that moment simply unable to create his portals. However, here he sat, still unshocked by Kess's electricity. Tilting his head, he scratched his hair.

“It’s not nice to try to shock people you know.

But for someone so adamant that this school is a waste, isn’t it… unusual… that they still stick around~?

Oh well, to each their own, I suppose~♪ Do as you like.”

"I may have a few words to say about that," a cold voice droned from behind the desk. Arms of bone, similar to the ones that had grabbed Kess, rose from the floor, grabbing at Rain and his desk, effectively caging the boy in his chair. Just behind him stood the teacher, who didn't look much of anything, but it was clear that she wasn't pleased with the brief altercation between her students. Closing the still-opened tome in her hands, Departed looked over her two students who were causing a ruckus in her classroom.

Better to start with the electric girl, she imagined. "Had you attempted this type of action in Dr. Cagey's class, he would likely take the action far worse than I am. There is a lot of sensitive equipment in his class as I recall, but from what I heard about The Globe's class compared to this, you're restraining yourself. That is good, but what isn't good is when people react to feelings of being provoked in such a manner. That is all."

Then her attention turned down to Rain. "As for you... I don't know for certain if you intended to provoke this student or not. If you did, I advise for your sake to not repeat these actions in future classes; much of this school's faculty is far less forgiving than I. If this wasn't your intention, be more mindful of your words in the future. The vice-principal will be checking on classes for their first day, and had he come in during this incident, I would have no qualms with leaving your fate in his hands. After this morning's act from Mr. Rotten, I imagine he'll be... less than reasonable. It would be in your best interest to remain on your best behavior during your time in this school, and assume any trouble you cause could be witnessed by an angered N. Ox. Are we clear?"

The arms assembled around Kess and Rain fell apart when the teacher had stopped speaking, leaving the two free to resume their normal activities. Departed, meanwhile, walked back toward her own desk.

mMh3ba1.png

Devin paused for a moment, giving Robbie a shrug without turning to look at him. She didn't want him to see the look on her face, contradicting the certainty in her voice. 

"Of course I want to be a villain! Heroes are supposed to be shining examples, to rally behind and look up to. I don't even have a singular face that can be remembered." Devin shifted her fingers nervously, form fluctuating as a take on twiddling her thumbs, "And I have a penchant for playing pranks on people, which really only amuses me. Even if I did want to be a hero, there's no room for me in the limelight."

Devin turned around with a newly composed smile, closing the oven as Robbie popped the pizzas in. She caught a whiff of the oven, letting out a small sigh of contentment from a nostalgic smell. Her smile and face stayed the same as she continued, but her eyes had a feral rage burning.

"But there's plenty of room for me to remove those who aren't actually heroes. Those who use it for status, fame, fortune. That's just a villain that is arrogant or stupid enough to believe they deserve to bask center stage. Lawful evil my ass."

• 4 weeks later...

"Of course I want to be a villain! Heroes are supposed to be shining examples, to rally behind and look up to. I don't even have a singular face that can be remembered." Robbie said nothing at this, just rubbed his chin and listened. "And I have a penchant for playing pranks on people, which really only amuses me. Even if I did want to be a hero, there's no room for me in the limelight. But there's plenty of room for me to remove those who aren't actually heroes. Those who use it for status, fame, fortune. That's just a villain that is arrogant or stupid enough to believe they deserve to bask center stage. Lawful evil my ass." 

Robbie nodded as he leaned against the oven. "It seems to me that you'd want to be an antihero instead of a villain... but I completely understand why you came here instead. The anithero school is well... super edgy. It's almost unbearable. Well, I'll do my best do whip you into shape, and help you to become the best villain you can be!" As soon as he finished speaking, the bell rang, causing him to look up. "Oops, looks like our time is up for today. Now, go, learn from your other teachers. I will see you here tomorrow!" He went over to the pudding and began to stir it again, humming to himself.

Inu had fallen asleep at this point. All he knew was that this place was as disorderly as Hell's Sloth section was. Funny thing about him sleeping though... he didn't exactly have complete control of his body, so when the dog ears and tail popped out of his body, there was nothing he could do about it. Not that he realized it even happened in the first place.

And then the bell rang. Inu's head shot up as he woke up. The hellhound from hell quickly gathered all his things and ran to the door, rushing out to the hallway, tail wagging the whole way. Finally, he was out of there, and he could pray linguistics went better than the last two classes.

Akira had a large grin as he walked up to the front. "Alright, this is what I made for my project! Prepare to have your mind blown!" He placed down three robots, one in the shape of a lion, one in the shape of a manta ray, and one in the shape of an eagle, with each being the size of Victor's robot. "These are three scouting units, Riku Gaigar, Umi Gaigar, and Sora Gaigar! They're specialized to investigate a certain area, the land, sea, and air, respectively. Each comes equipped with weapons for self defense, and best of all, when something beyond the three can handle, they can...," He began to motion dramatically to the three robots. "Combine!" The three robots began to rearrange their parts, slamming together and being one giant robot "Their final form, Gaigar 3!!"

"Interesting," Dr. Cagey said. "However, you made this a little too fast for only thirty minutes...," Akira rubbed his head, chuckling. 

"Well, it's because I based them off an existing project I'm already working on. It was just redoing that, but making it smaller," Dr. Cagey nodded, and sent him back to his seat.

After everyone had presented their projects, Dr. Cagey nodded to himself. "I have an idea where you all stand now. We'll begin a proper lesson tomorrow," He said. "Be sure you're here on time," The bell then rang, and the Doctor let them go for the day.

The art room was empty, with all sorts of pictures hanging on the walls. Similar to Mechanics, they were arranged around in tables. Only one person was in there, a small looking person in a torn yellow hoodie, with dark fog rolling out of every hole the hoodie had.

"Hitler's not here yet...," They said in a creepy, echoing voice. 

3Q9bv2S.png

SH5rY3i.jpg

As the bell rang, signifying the end of second period, Departed waved toward the doors with her hand, causing them to swing open every bit as lazily as her hand motion. "You are all dismissed. Take some of your free time to do some independant research if you want, then show me what you learned next time we have class. Consider this extra-credit homework." Departed watched each student as they got up from their desks, made to leave the classroom, then ultimately left, bound for their next class. They weren't her problem anymore. Good.

Research? Learn by doing, is how I'll research. Now that's just a matter of finding somebody who won't try to kill me like some savage over a little bit of magic and possibly some blood.

Was everyone in Lowhaven like this? She couldn't remember anyone really being the exception, at least not in her age group, which wasn't a good sign. What a violent city. She'd have to improvise, wouldn't she? As she followed the school map to her third class - part of her had considered taking art, but she ultimately had opted for linguistics instead - Camille thought about what kind of teacher they'd have this time. The Globe seemed like a chipper sort at first, but it seemed that he had his limits, and that pushing them was ill-advised. Departed seemed none too enthusiastic about teaching in the first place, seeming more concerned with peace and quiet than actually helping the students learn anything. Well, there's only one way to find out what the linguistics teacher is like, isn't there? Camille, being among the first to make it to linguistics, opted for a seat near the back door. She wanted to be well out of the way if another fight broke out.

wqaKVFc.jpg

Eventually, more and more students joined her in the classroom. When the room was at last full, the final figure that entered the room - the teacher - soon followed.

"Hello, class," she started. Not unlike The Globe, she looked rather new to the profession, and eager to start teaching. The woman grabbed the marker resting at the whiteboard, and wrote her name on it for all to see.

Afterthought

"I'm Afterthought, and I will be your linguistics teacher. I'm sure when you were little, your parents taught you the phrase 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me', right? Your parents lied. In the right hands, words can hurt much more than sticks or stones without even leaving any physical wounds. Lawyers, politicians, and even heroes use their words in the right way to rally people behind them, convince others they're right, and more. In this class, I'll be teaching you how to use those words to get what you want. Those of you who are also taking psychology can combine what The Globe and I - send him my best if you see him today, by the way - to become an inspirational speaker capable of rallying people behind you. I'm sure plenty of other teachers - especially Mr. Hitler - can help as well, if something I teach you doesn't make sense. Before we start, let's ask..."

Afterthought glanced over her class, surveying the different faces gathered here. She'd read what little the student files could tell her. Best to put somebody on the spot if she could help it. Her finger pointed out, aimed directly at Vix'us. He wasn't even from this planet. As interested as she was in what types of memories he must have had in that alien noggin of his, she wasn't about to sap a student's memories.

"You. Please name one example of how words can be used to put a stop to heroes who are trying to stop you, using only your words; no hostage situations or standoffs allowed."

A date

A date

A date

He had called it a date. That wasn't her ears playing tricks on her right? No, everything seemed to be working right. He had called it a DATE. She was blushing as she sat silently, twiddling her thumbs and looking down bashfully at her desk. She didn't expect that at all. Did she want that? Should she tell him otherwise? Would that be rude? She couldn't deny it felt warm, the idea that someone was thinking about going on a date with her. But she wasn't exactly looking for a solid relationship at this time...and there were some others who had caught her attention as well.

Gosh, her first day sure has been exciting so far!

It wasn't long before the bell for the next class caused her to jump. She got up hurriedly and went towards her next class. Noticing, as she did, that Alex was going in a different direction.

-----

Linguistics. She could have taken art. She was already quite adapt at language. She had to be. She wouldn't have gotten this far had she not known how to use her words to get her, or rather her father's, way.

But she was interested only in a very specific type of art that she doubted would be taught here. Even if it WAS a villain school. Plus she could save that for her...d...her time with Alex later.

As she realized she was the second to enter Mary hesitated to pick a seat. She ultimately decided to sit in front of that girl who had been in her other classes. It would look rude to intentionally sit elsewhere after all.

Mary listened intently to the teacher. She seemed to be passionate about her subject, which was nice to see. The last teacher was...less so. It made Mary think that taking this class would be a worthwhile endeavor after all.

She wondered what that...unusual looking man would respond with. Something seemed odd about him, in a way that was different from the oddity of the others here, and it made her wonder what his response would be.

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

So after he was responded to by sparky and the action just kinda shifted to a pink head guy/girl, he kinda just, dazed off. He did manage to catch certain bits of interest, like pinky dodging a thunderbolt and Departed being mad at the both her and sparky, but other than that, it was nothing short of a power nap. Before he left, he noticed that the blondey he sat next to was currently blushing, twiddling her fingers and looking straight down at the wooden desk. The cause of this was unclear. Maybe she was excited about practicing magic after school. It wasn't that important, so he decided to go straight off to his class once the bell rang, and that he did.

As he entered the room, he noticed that the teacher was supposed to be a guy by the name of Hitler. Alex was pretty sure he had heard of him before, though he'd have to wait to see if it was the same. As he observed the room, he saw that the tables were unlike his previous classes, in the fact that there were tables and not just desks. He then saw at the front that a friendly neighborhood ghost was muttering something. "So are you supposed to be the teacher or are you some kind of spawn of satan?" 

x393wz.jpg

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Alright, this is what I made for my project! Prepare to have your mind blown! These are three scouting units, Riku Gaigar, Umi Gaigar, and Sora Gaigar! They're specialized to investigate a certain area, the land, sea, and air, respectively. Each comes equipped with weapons for self defense, and best of all, when something beyond the three can handle, they can...Combine! Their final form, Gaigar 3!!"

Victor looked at Akira as he presented his little project, seeing these three smaller robots combine into a much bigger model. He rubbed his chin some and nodded slowly. It was fairly obvious that this young man was quite the tinkerer, and it was shown even more here. Watching the young man sit back down, Victor's eyes followed him the entire time.

This guy...I dare say he's on a level similar to my own. Perhaps even a ledge higher. Victor thought, before turning his attention back to Dr. Cagey. I think I have indeed found a worthy rival.

"I have an idea where you all stand now. We'll begin a proper lesson tomorrow. Be sure you're here on time."

Getting up from his seat, Victor moved slightly to grab his back and make the appropriate room for S.H.A.D.E. and zipped it back up. After carefully putting it over his shoulder, he moved towards Akira and cleared his throat some.

"Akira!" he said, smiling some. "That was quite the project you displayed. And here I thought S.H.A.D.E. was going to be the highlight of that little display."

"I mean, it still was. No one had an advantage in that match up," Akira said. "Mine was technically better, but I have a base,"

"This is true. I can't wait to see what your finished product happens to be. Anyway, not sure what class you have next period, but I better just let you get going." Victor said, preparing to leave after Akira left. However, he knew one thing about his own class schedule that was an upside: his third period was a free one. And once the student in the classroom left, Victor stayed at the door and then immediately walked back into the classroom. "Dr. Cagey? I had a question for you."

"Hmm, what is it?" the Doctor was in the middle of filing away the papers as the robots cleaned the place up.

"I..." Victor started, getting a little bit nervous. "This school has a program with student aides, from what I've seen. I was wanting to know, if I could work under you as one. I'll fill out the necessary paperwork that's needed, but I would love the opportunity to work under you, Dr. Cagey sir."

Dr. Cagey rubbed his chin. "Well, I don't know... That would mean you have to work with my robots. And they aren't... Exactly people friendly."

"Oh....I see." Victor said, letting out a small sigh. This was a little disappointing to hear, but it was most likely expected. "Well, I suppose it didn't hurt to at least attempt to ask regardless." He was about to turn to leave, but was stopped suddenly by Tempest Man and him putting a metal arm around his shoulder.

"Ah, doc, let the little human stay! We won't hurt him. Much."

Victor started chuckling nervously at this point. "Ehehehe...uh thank you, Tempest Man." That sounded a bit cryptic to him, but if this was the only way to get to work under his idol right now, he'd do his best to handle whatever they throw at him.

Arleigh

Arliegh had spent the rest of the class looking over her gun, taking it apart and wondering if she could possibly increase the caliber and length of the barrel without having the weapon take more than her forearm, but then thinking about how many shots this may give her and whether that would make it better or worse than a regular assault rifle. Speaking of, she also spent a fair bit of time scanning the classroom for any sort of weapons cabinet or armory, anything that may house the school's weapons or any variety of guns for the class to examine and use in their creations. I'll probably need to ask someone about that, Arleigh thought as she continued to look around. However, she had lost track of time. The bell rang and pulled Arleigh out of her focus and she blinked a few times. I guess that will have to wait.

Arleigh quickly packed her things, and opted to leave her gun in several pieces on her desk, probably much to the chagrin of the class's teacher. She made her way to the door and paused to find Patton, finally spotting him as he made his way, doing his best to avoid eye contact with her.

"Hopefully I'll see you in another class later, you cutie," she said in a dry tone as she left the classroom and very quickly went in a different direction.

Arleigh's next class was linguistics, a class she simply took because she was already tri-lingual and figured it would be an easy A, plus she didn't really consider herself particularly artistic. Arriving at her next class, Arleigh found herself to be very early, once again, and took the first seat she could find right smack dab in the middle of the room.

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

It seemed there wasn't enough time allotted for each student to show off their inventions, but the things he had seen before that seemed quite underwhelming all things considered.  One of the students even seemed to cheat, being able to make separate robots that could each form together.  There certainly wasn't enough time for that here...he must have brought them from home.  When class was dismissed, Vix'us looked to his class schedule again.  His next class was linguistics.  Maybe now he would be able to speak a bit better...after all, that was the only reason he was taking such a rudimentary class.  

When he arrived, an Eeerth woman was the one up front.  Vix'us took a seat in the second to last row.  

"I'm Afterthought, and I will be your linguistics teacher. I'm sure when you were little, your parents taught you the phrase 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me', right? Your parents lied. In the right hands, words can hurt much more than sticks or stones without even leaving any physical wounds. Lawyers, politicians, and even heroes use their words in the right way to rally people behind them, convince others they're right, and more. In this class, I'll be teaching you how to use those words to get what you want. Those of you who are also taking psychology can combine what The Globe and I - send him my best if you see him today, by the way - to become an inspirational speaker capable of rallying people behind you. I'm sure plenty of other teachers - especially Mr. Hitler - can help as well, if something I teach you doesn't make sense. Before we start, let's ask..."

What were all these things she was talking about?  Lawyers?  Politicians?  The masters of this class were called such things?  Vix'us couldn't help but let a couple of slight huffs out of his nostrils, indicating that these names were quite humorous to him.  But these weren't just masters of Linguistics, no.  Rather they were masters of subversion, and coercion.  He would surely have to learn from these, LaaughYeers and Poleetishions. 

"You," She pointed at him, specifically, like he was some sort of easy target, "Please name one example of how words can be used to put a stop to heroes who are trying to stop you, using only your words; no hostage situations or standoffs allowed."

Like an honorable Vol'thoo'maran such as himself would ever take a hostage.  Surely the teacher didn't know of his proud heritage, but the mere thought was an insult.  As he went to communicate with her mind, he sensed something behind the telekinetic barrier he would never pass through while attempting speech.  He assured himself, and continued with his answer.  

"Of course I would lead off with the bloof.  A misdirection maybe."  His speech paused before continuing.  "Maybe something like 'Surely you know you cannot stop me alone.  I could kill you right here, should I deem the task necessary.'"  Would that stop an Eeerth Heeeroe in their tracks?  Would it shake them to their core?  In Vix'us' lax terms of threats, it would surely send shivers down the spine of any Vol'thoo'maranian.  

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

Ahaha, I was seen right through, pity~♪

Through the force of the teacher’s abilities, both his and Kess had their abilities neutralized within moments, with a cold reprimand following shortly suit.

“Alright teacher, my bad~♪”

Messing with students was fun but he wasn’t looking to mess with the teachers any time soon - a possibly quite unforgiving result could occur, after all. As the bell rung some time later, Rain skipped out of class with a cheery bounce in his step. Other than that momentary mishap, the day was going quite well.

He checked his schedule.

Student aide, eh? Art or linguistics… I’ve had my fill of art with the trade business, might as well see what the yappers put out.

Slipping past the other students silently and unobtrusively, Rain walked to the corner of the front of the room. It covered all viewpoints of the room, offering no potential blindspots - excluding the random chance of someone phasing through the wall itself. Rain already resolved to himself to keep calm during this period, lest he get on this particular instructor’s bad side too.

A quite young and eager female woman entered the room, introducing herself as Afterthought, the teacher for linguistics. Other than her heterchromatic and peculiarly-shaped irises, there was little of attention to the eye, save perhaps the azure-blue hair. Bowing courteously, Rain spoke.

“Greetings, instructor. If you would not be inconvenienced, allow me to assist you as a teacher aide for this period?”

Soon afterwards, the period started, and the teacher got off to a brisk tempo that exemplified her enthusiasm. Looking over towards the figure the teacher pointed at, Rain steeled his face as he hid a choking laugh.

Is that an actual alien…? It looks like a deformed shadow chicken-man hybrid on fire. Pffft.

Rain listened to the strange dialect of the Vol’thoo’maran. Despite the initial surprise at its appearance, it was definitely an intriguing creature. For the life of him though, he couldn’t figure why some alien like him would’ve had any sort of interest in this planet, let alone this school. He expected an alien species would have xenophobic tendencies, which if anything, would’ve deterred the enrollment as a student.

Oh well, the more you see every day…?

For now, Rain just leaned against the wall passively as he waited for the teacher to respond or give some sort of hint as to what he should do.

mMh3ba1.png

4UuhTQy.png

"I have an idea where you all stand now. We'll begin a proper lesson tomorrow," He said. "Be sure you're here on time," The bell then rang, and the Doctor let them go for the day. Randall eagerly got out of his seat, marching right out of the room. His next class was linguistics. He wasn't particularly interested in the subject, but it was probably more useful than art of all things. Plus Randall knew first hand how powerful words could be - after all, he had seen his father work before.

He walked into the room, greeted with only a few students. He decided to take one of the seats in the back, next to the one red-headed chick. He remembered seeing her in his first class, although he knew nothing about her. He didn't really care however, as he put his feet on the desk while waiting for the rest of the class to show up. As his eyes moved over, he noticed that another familiar face was sitting near him; the girl with the nice demeanor was also here. He scoffed a bit, turning to the door. He wondered if the terror twins were going to show up. After all, they had been in his previous class.

Eventually, the room filled up, and the teacher had walked in. The teacher, who called herself Afterthought, introduced herself and her class. She seemed to have some relation with The Globe, as both of them seemed to be rather knew and eager to teach the up and coming villains. As she finished, she called out the strange birdman that was in his previous class. He got up, responding to Afterthough's question. "Of course I would lead off with the bloof. A misdirection maybe." He paused. "Maybe something like 'Surely you know you cannot stop me alone. I could kill you right here, should I deem the task necessary.'" His speech was amusing; was that suppose to be threatening? He started to snicker a bit, rolling his eyes.

"Antihero... Nah, that's still no place for someone like me."

Devin fidgeted with the knives she was holding inside of her, thinking over the idea of being an anti-hero, but, before she could continue, the bell rang. Robbie sent her off, telling her to return the next day. Somehow... that made Devin's day.

"Alrighty! I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Rotten!" The shapeshifter called back as she hurried into the hall, keeping a brisk pace as she produced the class list from her body. "Linguistics next, huh..."

Devin habitually ran a hand through her hair, instantly reminding her that she had transformed it. She knew she chose this color of hair for 5th period, but... Preparing an alibi for why it suddenly changed wasn't a bad idea. Devin quickly returned the schedule to her body, losing herself in thought as she continued towards her next class.

-----

Devin had gotten to the room without much fanfare, and before all but two other students had arrived, one of which was that other red haired chick from first period. However, she was annoyed to see that the other extra early student was in her seat. Sure, she hadn't been to that room to claim it yet, but the center of the classroom was hers. She didn't want to stand out, she wanted to blend in. But this... silver haired girl with a flat expression had stolen it. With a huff, Devin took a seat directly behind the girl, glaring daggers into her back. She was tempted to literally do such, but the risk of people seeing knives sticking out of her eyes made her extremely literal prank seem like a poor idea.

Her mood somewhat spoiled, Devin just hoped that she could get through the class without any of the bastards from before showing up, namely the redhead and marble boy. Rain wasn't high on her list, either, but at least he was tolerable after the initial incident. And then there was that hellhound...

Devin groaned to herself as she put her head in her arms. How could she be so stupid? Either for element of surprise or to live a more normal life, she was supposed to keep her shapeshifting a secret for the time being. As usual, she let her emotions get the better of her, and the cat was out of the bag. She was glad that he hadn't said anything up to that point, and he seemed nice enough... But this was a villain school. Would she be blackmailed? Exposed? The faculty knew of her abilities, so at least she wasn't in danger with them...

Devin opened her eyes after what felt like a few minutes to see that the room had since filled. Had she fallen asleep for a few minutes? A small yawn confirmed her suspicion as a woman appeared at the front of the room, and with her was Rain. Why was he up there instead of seated like the rest of them? That question would have to wait, because the lesson was beginning. After a short introduction to the course, she pointed at a… strange bird thing that had joined the class?

"You. Please name one example of how words can be used to put a stop to heroes who are trying to stop you, using only your words; no hostage situations or standoffs allowed."

"Of course I would lead off with the bloof. A misdirection maybe." The weird bird spoke with an accent Devin had never heard, "Maybe something like 'Surely you know you cannot stop me alone. I could kill you right here, should I deem the task necessary.'"

“That absolutely isn’t going to work.” Devin retorted, still miffed about the seat in front of her. “Only a rookie would listen to a bluff like that, unless you had already used an absurd amount of force to give it weight... which defeats the point of the thought prompt.”

Devin leaned forward on her desk, resting her chin on the backs of her fingers, smiling.

“You see, it really depends on the situation. A lot of situations can be solved by simply stalling for time, but an equal number can be ruined by going into a monologue that distracts you, instead of the enemy. Ideological speeches will work on those who don’t have a strong resolve, but they won’t work on more seasoned heroes. Words won’t easily diffuse a well seasoned veteran, unless they come from someone with absolute authority in their speech… like a certain führer that Ms. Afterthought brought up.”

Kess felt she had the kid. He was pathetic, a sniveling wimp. But she had forgotten in her desire to stick it to him: There was still a teacher around.

"The hell?" she gasped, sparks flashing around her as she reflexively reeled away from Rain, the bone arms that now held her keeping here pinned down. She looked around wildly, her eyes finally resting on the teacher.

"Let me go," she growled, the brief moment of fright being traded out for anger. Her blood boiled instantly, and sparks danced along the arms that held her, the limbs seemingly unaffected. Kess' eyes were locked with Departed's, twin thunderstorms upon her face. She was shaking with rage and frustration. "If this is really a school I wanna actually have this little sheet learn something."

She took in Departed's words without a visible reaction, storming away from her the second she was released. She shot Rain a dirty look before striding out of the classroom, barging through the hallways and not letting anyone get in her way. She whirled into Art class at an enhanced speed, sparks playing over her legs as she whipped through the doorway. She held up short at the words of the kid in the hoodie, one particular word catching her attention.

"Hitler?" she asked, the sparks she was emitting dying down as she barked out something resembling a laugh. "Jeez, this one's bad enough you call the ART teacher Hitler... and not any of these other guys? What does he do, paint with our goddamn blood? funk this place. " She then realized she was breathing hard, her body shaking ever so slightly. She instantly made her way to the nearest desk, collapsing into it quickly, trying to slow her breathing down. What the hell was this about? She never got this tired unless she had been training for several hours.

She raised a hand, flexing it. Sparks played across it, but the tide wasn't as thick as it had been previously. She frowned, turning in her seat to lean back as she kicked her feet up on the desk, head thrown back to glare at the ceiling. She couldn't run out of gas now. She had used up so much of her energy over the course of the two periods, though...

• 3 weeks later...

Inu sat in the back of his linguistics class, silently listening. The teacher asked the alien a question, and he did his best to answer, but obviously, his best wasn't good enough, not to the eyes of the fellow students. He didn't feel like adding his opinion though. There was no reason for him to speak up right now. He opened his notebook and began to write down a list. He needed this, to make sure he would make it through the year.

"Hitler?" The hooded boy looked up at Kess as she asked her question. "Jeez, this one's bad enough you call the ART teacher Hitler... and not any of these other guys? What does he do, paint with our goddamn blood? funk this place. "

"Oh, you think he will? I do hope so. Painting with blood is so much fun," the hoodie boy commented. "And maybe if I'm lucky, I can use some hero's organs. Maybe someone like Stormcrash!" He clapped his hands a bit as he said that. He looked around, tilting his head. "Our class sure is empty. I betcha... a lot of people are either running late... or died already," 

"Zat is indeed ein bozibility," Hitler's voice rang out, sitting in the front of the class, painting on an easel. His head turned 180 degrees to face the two. "Ve vill vait fiffe more minutes. Feel free to talk vile ve do," with that, he went back to painting.

3Q9bv2S.png

wqaKVFc.jpg

"Of course I would lead off with the bloof. A misdirection maybe. Maybe something like 'Surely you know you cannot stop me alone. I could kill you right here, should I deem the task necessary.'"

“That absolutely isn’t going to work. Only a rookie would listen to a bluff like that, unless you had already used an absurd amount of force to give it weight... which defeats the point of the thought prompt. You see, it really depends on the situation. A lot of situations can be solved by simply stalling for time, but an equal number can be ruined by going into a monologue that distracts you, instead of the enemy. Ideological speeches will work on those who don’t have a strong resolve, but they won’t work on more seasoned heroes. Words won’t easily diffuse a well seasoned veteran, unless they come from someone with absolute authority in their speech… like a certain führer that Ms. Afterthought brought up.”

Camille raised an eyebrow in the second student's direction. Was it really their place to correct the... bird? Afterthought seemed pleased with both answers though.

"You're both right," the teacher answered. Glancing through a clipboard with a stack of papers on them, she continued "Vix'us, your answer was a little bit cliché, but if we assume that both you as a villain and the hero you're facing off with are new to your respective careers, this bluff just might work. Especially considering your impressive physique! When conveying a message, people will often think more about how you look and sound saying it than what you're actually saying. Some phrases we use every day can have completely different meanings based on body language and tone of voice! As for your response, um..." Afterthought paused briefly, flipping through the sheets of paper some more, before continuing "Devin, you're absolutely right. More experienced heroes aren't easily intimidated, and some even enjoy high-stakes heroism, meaning your bluff might only encourage them! The best way to stop a hero would depend on the hero itself. Most heroes - most - have a soft side, so appealing to it can help. It's still a bit cliché, but phrases like 'I won't do it again!' or 'You're right, I should denounce my villainous ways!' can at least catch them off-guard. In conclusion, this was a bit of a trick question, seeing as there's no inherently right answer; knowing what to say is just as important as knowing who you'll say it to."

"If I may," Camille interjected, raising a hand. "If this is a trick question, why would you use it first thing?"

"Anyone can stop a hero with enough brute force. Using words requires a bit more thinking than that, so I want this to be a class where everyone thinks about their answers in-depth." Afterthought then turned her attention to the student standing in the corner. He wasn't anywhere in the stack on her clipboard; he couldn't have been one of her students. Which made sense, since he was here offering to be a student aide. "I've got a small job for you, too. Just a moment..." The teacher opened up a drawer on her desk, and pulled out a blank sheet of paper, before jotting down a question on it. "If you could bring this to Mr. Hitler and Ms. Bloodstone and get their answers for me, that'd be much appreciated."

And then her gaze swiveled back to her students. "Now, here's a question with a more clearly-defined set of answers. What kinds of things can you say to people to convince them to follow your cause, without threatening them? Consider that your assignment for today. Feel free to work in groups of up to three, and bring me a written answer when class is over; I'll grade them and bring them back next class for reviews. I have spare paper and pens if you didn't bring any. Good luck!"

"Fuckin' creep," Kess muttered as the boy seemed to gush about his blood being used as paint, inching away from him slowly as she took a desk. She found herself drawn back to him very quickly, though, at the uttering of a familiar name.

"What do YOU want with Stormcrash?" she asked, leaning over his desk in the space of an instant, her eyes twin points of searing light. "Because lemme tell ya, Hoodie: He's mine." She punctuated this with a thumb being jerked in her direction. She wasn't splashing sparks all around the room anymore, but her determination on this point was palpable nonetheless. She sneered slightly. "But I'll tell you what... You can have the leftovers when I'm done."

"Ve vill vait fiffe more minutes. Feel free to talk vile ve do." Kessyn turned her head to look back and saw a face that was disarmingly familiar. It took her a second to figure out where she'd seen it, but her mind was reeling already.

"What. The funk." She pushed a desk aside as she strode to the front of the classroom, rounding around the easel to look at their teacher's face. "He..." She looked back at the hooded boy. "You mean he's HITLER? Actual, factual Hitler?" She was repulsed already. "I know this is a villain school but... What the hell, man?" She was visibly angry now, and she reached out to steady herself as she started breathing hard, hand bracing itself around the edge of Hitler's easel. Sparks blasted from her hand, scorch marks lancing across the wood, the edge of his canvas smoking. 

"I came here to fight those damn heroes... Not to be taught by some genocidal jabroni," she seethed, voice harsh and gravelly. She didn't pay any heed to the crackling around her whole body, there was just one thing going through her head: This teacher didn't have powers. of that she was positive. The consequences here were far, far less than when she had been under the eyes of Departed and The Globe. Hitler was just a man. A man she could fight as much as she wanted.

Archived