Dark Celestial Juno (When Making Match Winners...well, Duel Winners Goes Right)

Black D'Sceptyr

Somebody gives the BlaDeS of Change Workshop's newest brainstorming temp intern Fruitoshi a whistle-for one time only, she obliged my old Card Game creation urges and made a monster called Dark Juno, a counterpart of a certain Pendulum-making Match winner given out at Yugioh 2016 Worlds. I've given it some tweaks as only your resident big time player can do, and now its time to present the newest playhouse for our favorite DARK pandemonium-inducing parallels!

It's badass....

its beautiful....

it's based on an superlarge orbiting satellite....

and it's out to make DARK Summons and damage output an exercise of intensity 'stead of futility.....

GIVE IT UP FOR DARK CELESTIAL JUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dark_celestial_juno_by_bdsceptyr-dbllsc4

[spoiler=Dark Celestial Juno: Info]

DARK/Fairy-Type Effect Monster/Level 8/3000 ATK/3000 DEF 

Lore: Requires 3 DARK monsters to Tribute Summon (cannot be Normal Set). Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. Quick Effect: You can Tribute 3 DARK monsters you control: Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use this effect of "Dark Celestial Juno" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is Tributed or banished: You can place it face up in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is treated as a Spell Card, it gains these effects.
• All Level 5 or higher DARK monsters you Normal Summon can be Summoned for 1 less Tribute.
• Once per turn, when a DARK monster you control attacks an opponent's non-DARK monster: You can make your opponent take damage equal to half of their batlting monster's current ATK.

Some of you may have guessed that this had a brother Pendulum from 2016 Worlds? Well not to fret-he'll be here on Wednesday-and he WILL be a Pendulum this go-around.

Till them, from your eyes in the sky and beyond, may the reviews and revels arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

Fruitoshi? Eh, close enough. I'm a guy, though.

[spoiler=My version from the Create a Card Game]Dark Juno

Level 8
DARK Fairy / Effect
3000 / 3000
Requires 3 Tributes to be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can Tribute 3 DARK monsters you control: Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only activate this effect of "Dark Juno" once per turn. If this card would be banished from the field, you can place it in your empty Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell instead. While this card is face-up in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, it gains the following effect:
• Once per turn, when a DARK monster you control attacks, you can target 1 non-DARK monster on the field: Your opponent takes damage equal to half of that monster's current ATK.

Okay, so I'm just going to list the changes you made from my version and what I think about them:

• It now needs the Tributes to be DARK monsters, and it can't be Normal Set. The lack of Setting it isn't a big deal to me, really. As for the need for the Tributes to be DARK, it isn't a major restriction, since the card already heavily implies that all of the monsters in your deck are DARK.

• The Special Summoning effect is now a Quick Effect, but it only works from the GY. Now that it's a Quick Effect, it's a bit more powerful, but it's not too bad because you still need to Tribute 3 DARK monsters. Being only from the GY makes more sense than my "hand or GY" idea, honestly.

• The effect that activates when it's banished now includes if it's Tributed as well. If you have two or more of "Dark Celestial Juno" in your deck, this could cause a bit of a problem, don't you think? You could Tribute one for another copy, and then you get the benefits of the Continuous Spell effects. Seems overpowered to me; I'd be surprised if this card was anything other than Limited or Forbidden.

• You left out the "instead" in the effect to place it into the Spell/Trap Card Zone. Doesn't that mean your version would still be banished, or am I mistaken?

• You added an entirely new Spell effect (the one related to Tributing). I feel like it's a reasonable effect by itself, though it could be a bit overbearing on your opponent when you consider how much you can abuse it and how many other effects this card has. Just another reason why this card should be Limited or Forbidden.

• You made the last Spell effect specifically target a non-DARK monster that your DARK monster is battling, and specifically deal damage based on it instead of just any non-DARK monster on the field. That helps balance out the effect better than what I wrote.

Overall, I really like the changes. Like, really. Good work!

• The effect that activates when it's banished now includes if it's Tributed as well. If you have two or more of "Dark Celestial Juno" in your deck, this could cause a bit of a problem, don't you think? You could Tribute one for another copy, and then you get the benefits of the Continuous Spell effects. Seems overpowered to me; I'd be surprised if this card was anything other than Limited or Forbidden.

• You left out the "instead" in the effect to place it into the Spell/Trap Card Zone. Doesn't that mean your version would still be banished, or am I mistaken?

• You added an entirely new Spell effect (the one related to Tributing). I feel like it's a reasonable effect by itself, though it could be a bit overbearing on your opponent when you consider how much you can abuse it and how many other effects this card has. Just another reason why this card should be Limited or Forbidden.

I see your concerns about what happens if this is Tributed, but consider it like this-it's only Summoning itself on a 3 Tribute trigger, and other DARK monsters Tributing this to make Tributing easier isn't exactly....optimal. Put another way, no one worries about Tributing a SPYRAL Master Plan over another. Or a Master Peace. Think it's okay on that front. Consider it Kaiju insurance.

Second point goes to the instead: not exactly, the card would be Tributed and banished-but it would only be in the Main Monster Zone.

And on the third effect, that only works if it's left around to make for an abusable play-remember it may have a second life, but its only as a non-protection spell in an age where there are a million and one ways to destroy it-negating, not too much, but definitely destroying.

Thanks for the input tho. I always love it, and this one's thorough.

Though I wouldn't be suprised if this got Semi or actual Limited tho lol

Good looks, sport.

Archived