Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Phantom Roxas's Character Database

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

1 reply to this topic

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• The Chariot
  • 26,417 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago

This section seemed interesting, and I figure it's time I post here. Merciful Idiot's Grand Crossover Roleplay Pathway to Origin has been my main focus of roleplaying over the past four years, although I've tried my had at other roleplays in the years since I first joined YCM. Once "Pathway to Origin" comes to close, I plan to begin my own spiritual successor to that story, Requiem for Avalon. It wouldn't be on the scale of a Grand Crossover Roleplay, but I certainly want to continue the same spirit of crossover that Merciful Idiot has achieved with Pathway to Origin. Perhaps, assuming Requiem for Avalon is successful, I hope to host a true Grand Crossover Roleplay.

There are stories that I've written only on this forum, so there is one story that I hope to tell here one day that finally brings everything together. It'll take several years, probably long past the point where I really should be spending time on here. But I think I've already come pretty far as it is, so there's a story that I want to see through to the end.

So this thread will be limited through the lens of the "Grand Crossover Roleplay". However, I feel like that alone has provided me with a place to use a roster of characters I'm fond of.

Posted Image

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

I am not afraid

• Topic Starter
  • The Chariot
  • 26,417 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago

Arthur Ancyl

Digimon: The Seven Demon Lords and The Grand Crossover Roleplay: Pathway to Origin

Application

I'm using much of his app from the beginning of the GCRP, but even that seems horribly outdated. Oh well, I consider it a vast improvement over where I was when I originally created him. Originally named "Arthur Wolf", Arthur Ancyl is one of, if not the first character I roleplayed on this site, so with the GCRP offering the opportunity to bring in characters who we haven't used in a long time, Arthur was an easy choice for the roleplay. However, with everyone else playing characters that would horribly outclass Arthur, I wanted to give him a boost, with the narrative of his backstory hinging on me retconning his backstory so that he is in fact a demigod based in the world of Percy Jackson. With that, I had a balance a character who was both a demigod as well as a Digi-Destined.

Of course, the self-indulgence did not stop there, for better or worse. The main cast of the GCRP was divided among two factions: The Divine, who wanted to use a mystical artifact known as the Door of Origin to rewrite reality to their whim, and the Counter Corps who wished to prevent the Divine from succeeding. Arthur originally joined the Divine, hoping to rewrite his world to erase the gods altogether, but he left them and joined the Counter Corps. In the GCRP, I also play Eria the Water Charmer, who was a member of the Counter Corps in the beginning. Throughout the roleplay, I've come to develop a romance between Arthur and Eria. While I'll admit it's plainly hooking up my self-insert with my waifu, I feel like there's enough specific to them as characters in their own right. I went a bit far around the time their relationship began, as Sora from Kingdom Hearts also performed a rite of succession, allowing Arthur to wield a Keyblade.

So in case you need to keep track, yes, I have a Digi-Destined demigod dating Eria and wielding a Keyblade. Truly I have reached peak "original character donut steel." There's a lot of baggage attached to him, but… I feel like this is exactly the sort of character I've needed to work with to hone my skill as a writer. Not for the crossover madness, but for the person beneath all that. A friend of mine introduced me to the band Avantasia, and he showed me "Runaway Train" as an example of their work. I put it at the top of this post because when I first heard the song, I realized that it was the perfect song for Arthur. And between Finn from Star Wars, or Vax'ildan from Critical Role, I kept seeing something that I loved about Arthur: Someone who runs away. What's important to me is not just what the run from, but also where they run to. With Arthur, I want to write someone who can find a place of belonging. Either as a hero of the Digital World alongside MachGaogamon (Who over the course of the GCRP has evolved to MirageGaogamon), discovering the kind of man he can be for Eria, or even accepting what it means to be a demigod.

I've tried my hand at various Digimon stories. Perhaps the one that comes to mind best would be Hopeless Paradise, where I tried to focus a story around the various major groups, such as the Demon Lords, the Royal Knights, and even the Olympos XII. That may be a story I should accept will never amount to anything more than what I attempted, and I'm okay with that. I also tried to participate in roleplays that would serve as sequels to The Seven Demon Lords, but they all failed for one reason or another. As far as I'm concerned, Pathway to Origin is the sequel to The Seven Demon Lords that I've always needed.

As of this writing, Arthur, as well as my entire cast of characters in Pathway to Origin are fighting Protheus Maximus, one of Merciful Idiot's most prominent recurring characters. Whatever happens after that fight remains to be seen, but come what may, Arthur is easily one of the characters I've had the time of my life playing on this site.

Also, one thing that was incredibly bizarre? I retconned Arthur's parentage in 2013, while the Heroes of Olympus was still ongoing. Naturally, making Arthur's father Apollo gave me a certain bias towards the character. Now, by sheer coincidence, the new Percy Jackson books focus on Apollo himself. I don't think it means much, but it is rather amusing.

Posted Image

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users