Railway Ritual Concepts Revamped

Ultimagamer

I was re looking over the original ritual concept I had created for trains, and I have realized that the ritual monster I had created didn't solve one of the biggest problems with the archetype, consistency. So I have recreated the monster and spell to better fit the needs. plz comment your thoughts 

Master of Trains

Level 10 / Spellcaster / 2900 attack / 2500 defense 

Must first be special summoned with "Railyard Summon" This card can be treated as a machine type monster while in the hand, field, and graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Master of Trains" once per turn. 

- You can discard this card; add 1 level 10 earth machine type monster from your deck to your hand.

- You can special summon 1 level 10 earth machine type monster from your hand or graveyard.

Railyard Summon

Spell - Ritual 

You can use this card to ritual summon "Master of Trains". You must tribute 1 earth machine type monster from your hand or field, or banish it from your graveyard whose level or rank equals 10. If you banish the monster from your graveyard, you can special summon "Master of Trains" from your graveyard. During your main phase, You can banish this card from your graveyard, special summon 1 level 10 earth machine type monster from your graveyard or hand. You can only use each effect of "Railyard Summon" once per turn, even if the effect is negated. 

Ayyy I remember these cards. I'm going to show edited versions of the cards, then explain.

Master of Trains

EARTH - Level 10 - Machine/Ritual/Effect - 2900 ATK / 2500 DEF 

Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with "Railyard Summon". 

You can discard this card; add 1 Level 10 Machine monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Master of Trains".

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH Level 10 Machine monster from your hand or GY, except "Master of Trains".

I gave it the correct Ritual card wordings and used capitalization where the OCG mandates it.

The functional things I changed was that it was a Spellcaster, but that in itself is a bad idea. Spellcasters aren't going to get a searcher anytime soon since Exodia exists. Making it a Machine means any searchers involving EARTH Level 10 Machine monsters can fetch this card.

Next, I gave the searching effect a bit more versatility since there are not many LV 10 Machines anyway I included Malefic Cyber End Dragon into the searching. Also added "except "Master of Trains"  where it needed to be since with the new typing it could search and Special Summon itself.

Railyard Summon

Spell - Ritual 

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Trains" Ritual Monster from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute a monster from your hand or field, or banish a Machine monster from your GY, whose Level/Rank equals or exceeds the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon.

During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there; Special Summon 1 EARTH Level 10 Machine monster from your hand or GY. You can only activate 1 "Railyard Summon" per turn, and only once that turn.

Gave it the proper wording, citing "Revendread Origin" for Ritual Summoning Ritual Monsters from the GY.

Allowed you to Tribute the Xyz monsters, because why not.

Again, allowed you to be able to Tribute Malefic Cyber End Dragon since it might as well be a part of the archetype. 

Also added an "only once that turn" effect so that you couldn't just Special Summon the material you Tributed the same turn you Ritual Summoned.

I like the way you have worded the card texts, but there are a couple things I would change about the ritual spell. You mentioned the revendread spell and I did take some inspiration from there. One thing I would like to keep was that the name "Master of Trains" was on the spell which would make it searchable with pre prep, which would help since level 10 ritual monsters cannot be searched with the regular prep. Removing the special summoning from graveyard is a fair change given how it would make the archetypal come back go through the roof. One of the more notable things I had was that it had to be ONE monster, which kept consistent with the fact that the archetype is level 10s, and banishing gustav, dora, or number 35 would allow for the summon, but I didn't want it to be to splashable into other archetypes, which was the reason for adding the 1 monster only requirement. changing the requirement from earth to any machine was a good call, as malefic cyber end dragon is hardly used anywhere else. The main reason I had the Master of Trains start as spellcaster was that I wasn't sure about how searchable I wanted him to be, but I wanted to give him synergy with cards like Derricrane, so treating him as Earth everywhere else felt better. That and being able to search him with pre prep. Changing him to earth is better for searching. There should be some in archetype way to search revolving switchyard. 

I love Ritual monsters with hand effects because they remedy the entire card advantage deficit caused by Ritual Monsters. Ideally, you could use this card to get another Train if needed, or if you can summon it, you can make a Rank 10 play quickly.

My only concern is that the Ritual Spell might make Xyz Summoning too easy for the Deck. A regular Konami made card would probably let you summon one extra monster, but then the Ritual spell wouldn't count for the graveyard effect on the turn it gets sent. For this reason, that Graveyard effect should be added, so that the deck doesn't end up pulling out two Rail cannons from behind and burn the opponent for half of their life points (which would be especially powerful in an OCG format where Solemn Judgment is allowed).

My only concern is that the Ritual Spell might make Xyz Summoning too easy for the Deck. A regular Konami made card would probably let you summon one extra monster, but then the Ritual spell wouldn't count for the graveyard effect on the turn it gets sent. For this reason, that Graveyard effect should be added, so that the deck doesn't end up pulling out two Rail cannons from behind and burn the opponent for half of their life points (which would be especially powerful in an OCG format where Solemn Judgment is allowed).

I think the best way to remedy that, to an extent, would be to add a restriction, something along the lines of "except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard". that would slow down the speed of the card in question. 

Archived