[Written] D/D/D Lance King Vlad

Dragulas

Atributte: DARK

Link Arrows: L, B, R

Fiend / Link / Effect 

2+ Fiend monsters

If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 "D/D" monster in your GY, or 1 of your banished "D/D" monsters; Special Summon it to a zone this card points to and if you do, you take 1000 damage. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Lance King Vlad" once per turn. Cards in your opponent's possession are banished face-down instead. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated that would inflict damage to you (Quick effect): You can make the damage you would have taken become 0, then you can Special Summon 1 "D/D" monster from your Deck. 

ATK / 2300  LINK - 3

One of the many decks nerfed by master rule 4. Based on Vlad the impaler (seriously though, Vlad should be made into a real DD monster, regardless if its a Main deck or ED). The card basically becomes the going to ED monster once the combos start, while being more effective in MZ it can be easy to get it there due to the Decks recovery. The banishe FD effect was added for this having a puroposse outside of being just another combo piece or fodder, while the quick effect serves as a protection from opponents burn effects and punish it by gaining field advantage, it can also be used proactively due the decks nature and if another copy is summoned it can use the 3rd effect to gain massive advange and start doing their usual stuff

Well I would like if it would present 2 markers to actually do something for D/Ds as a link monster ... though I like its design, its an Extra Deck Ragnarok and actually benefits from burning (as the initial D/Ds).

As for its second effect (which I consider rather interesting) it should be worded "Cards in your opponent's possession, which would be banished are banished face-down instead.", though I suppose their are still flaws in it.

All in all solid design (which sadly propably won't get released (or any other D/D links)... ever), though being archtype specific and D/Ds focus would actually justify 2 downward markers, as D/Ds would not want to link spam, even with this card.

Archived