Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

mp16-en140-scarlight-red-dragon-archfien

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card's name becomes "Red Dragon Archfiend" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can destroy as many Special Summoned Effect Monsters on the field as possible with ATK less than or equal to this card's (other than this card), then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed.

So, how good do you all think this will be now that Links are out? It is an 3000 beatstick, which no Link outside of a boosted Decode Talker surpasses, so all are vulnerable to the destruction effect. On top of that, most Links don't protect themselves, but other cards. So you nuking their Links can be a major setback... right?

I honestly don't know. What say all of you?

On the plus side, this card doesn't restrict your attacks this turn like Hot Red Dragon does.

I don't think there's a super solid Synchro Deck to use this card in the current meta in a reliable way.

If there was, it would definitely be a legit card to use IMO.

I always run this card and Stardust Dragon in every one of my Extra Decks. They are good for different reasons, mainly for a toolbox thing, and are easily summonable. I think it is phenomenal even in Link format, if you can pull it off. If not, Don't run it, even though it pains me not to.

Actually, Proxy Dragon can interfere with the nuke by destroying a monster it points to instead, and it is rather common Link Monster to Summon, from what I have seen; the World Chalice Priestess can absorb some of the destruction, too. Regardless, it's a strong card but it has been a while since I saw this card in a competitive environment, but that's because the most relevant decks nowadays don't have access to the Synchro8 pool, so I would say this is still a good pick for the decks that do.

Actually, Proxy Dragon can interfere with the nuke by destroying a monster it points to instead, and it is rather common Link Monster to Summon, from what I have seen; the World Chalice Priestess can absorb some of the destruction, too. Regardless, it's a strong card but it has been a while since I saw this card in a competitive environment, but that's because the most relevant decks nowadays don't have access to the Synchro8 pool, so I would say this is still a good pick for the decks that do.

Proxy would have to destroy a Normal/Flip summoned monster, or a monster with more than 3000 ATK. This is because cards with the "you can destroy X instead" text have been ruled not to be able to destroy X instead if X is also marked for destruction.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-092216-rulings/

just ctrl-F "landwalker"

EDIT: please note that while the ruling implies that Kozmo Landwalker can destroy itself, the text says that it has to destroy 1 other "Kozmo" card instead. This is likely a small oversight on the part of whoever wrote the ruling.

Proxy would have to destroy a Normal/Flip summoned monster, or a monster with more than 3000 ATK. This is because cards with the "you can destroy X instead" text have been ruled not to be able to destroy X instead if X is also marked for destruction.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-092216-rulings/

just ctrl-F "landwalker"

Is that so? I stated that because I saw a Fire King deck substitute a nuke from Garunix with a single monster destruction through Proxy Dragon.

Is that so? I stated that because I saw a Fire King deck substitute a nuke from Garunix with a single monster destruction through Proxy Dragon.

Well they were wrong. I also saw a World Chalice deck profile claiming that having Proxy Dragon out protected your board from Raigeki, but it's not that strong.

Well they were wrong. I also saw a World Chalice deck profile claiming that having Proxy Dragon out protected your board from Raigeki, but it's not that strong.

I see. That means YGOPro or whatever was the simulator where I watched this Fire King duel should fix that option, then xD

And right, just checked the rulings on 2+ Six Samurai vs. Dark Hole as well, and they cannot apply their effects when they are all going to be destroyed.

EDIT:

Actually, what I think could have happened is that Proxy was destroying the Summoned Garunix instead, and since Garunix doesn't destroy itself then it's a valid mark for the substitution. If only I could find that Youtube video to double check.

Archived