I can see a rainbow (WRITTEN)

Imadjinn

Prime Painter - Blue

WATER Level 4 Aqua/Effect 1000/1500

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Prime Painter" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Prime Painter - Blue". You can only activate the effect of "Prime Painter - Blue" once per turn.

Prime Painter - Red

FIRE Level 4 Pyro/Effect 1500/1000

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Prime Painter" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Prime Painter - Red". You can only activate the effect of "Prime Painter - Red" once per turn.

Prime Painter - Yellow

LIGHT Level 4 Fairy/Effect 1500/1500

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Prime Painter" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Prime Painter - Yellow". You can only activate the effect of "Prime Painter - Yellow" once per turn.

Prime Painter - Green

WIND Level 8 Winged Beast/Fusion/Effect 2500/3000

"Prime Painter - Blue" + "Prime Painter - Yellow"

Must be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards in your possession to the Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon 1 "Prime Painter - Green" per turn.

Prime Painter - Orange

EARTH Level 8 Rock/Fusion/Effect 3000/2500

"Prime Painter - Red" + "Prime Painter Yellow"

Must be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards in your possession to the Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon 1 "Prime Painter - Orange" per turn.

Prime Painter - Purple

DARK Level 8 Fiend/Fusion/Effect 2500/2500

"Prime Painter - Blue" + "Prime Painter - Red"

Must be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards in your possession to the Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. You can only Special Summon 1 "Prime Painter - Purple" per turn.

Prime Painter - Black

DIVINE Rank 8 Divine-Beast/Xyz/Effect 3000/3000

3 Level 8 Fusion monsters

Must be Xyz Summoned. You can detach 3 different "Prime Painter" materials from this card: You win the Duel.

Color Star

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Prime Painter" monster you control: Add 1 "Prime Painter" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. When you Normal Summon a "Prime Painter" monster while this card is in your GY: You can add this card in your GY to your hand. You can only use 1 "Color Star" effect per turn and only once that turn.

Color Wheel

Field Spell

"Prime Painter" monsters on the field gain 500 ATK and DEF. During the turn you Normal Summon a "Prime Painter" monster, you can Normal Summon 1 "Prime Painter" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set (you can only gain this effect once per turn). If you control 2 or more "Prime Painter" monsters: You can reveal 1 "Prime Painter" monster in your hand; add 1 "Prime Painter" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Color Wheel" once per turn.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of this Archetype is just wonderful. I mean, primary colours can really mix together to form other colours, so that's perfectly translated into YGO with Fusion monsters.

Every colour searches for another colour, so there's nothing much to review. Except that I don't like the fact that they have different ATK and DEF, making Yellow the stronger one. I think all of them should be "1500 ATK 1500 DEF", just because they should be equal in some way (the Attribute and Type changing is fine for me).

The Fusion monsters work like a Contact Fusion (which is okay, but Colours can't be Special Summoned, and the only way to get more monsters is using Colour Wheel or Double Summon).

They're all Vanilla, and that kinda disappoints me. If you really want to keep them "Normal" monsters, at least give them the ability to divide into their Primary Colours as Quick Effect, just like ABC works, but returning to the Extra Deck.

They're just beatsticks, so Purple is definitely the worst colour.

Black is just crazy. In the Link Format, getting 3 Fusion monsters on the field is insanely difficult. Also, you shouldn't make Divine-Beast monsters.

You spelled colour as color. Poor British English. No one cares about it.

Btw, Color Star (oh, my English teacher is feeling so useless right now) is basically a searcher, and the Deck didn't need more consistency (unless your opponent uses Solemn Strike, but he will probably keep it until you Fusion Summon). The GY effect should be op in every other Archetype, but in this one it's fair.

Color Wheel gives our lovely beatsticks some boost, which is great, and allows you to Double Summon each turn. More consistency. 

Well, what can I say. It's almost a Vanilla Archetype. I like the concept and it would be fun to play a few duels with this.

Archived