Atypical-Abbie

A Fiend Link Monster, it gains ATK and lets you draw when Synchro or Xyz Summoning to the zone it points to, and is able to Tribute a Fiend Synchro or Xyz Monster to Special Summon a Fiend from your hand, Deck or GY. It is designed to be used in a lot of Fiend Decks, notably Resonator/Red, D/D and Infernoid. I was also inspired a bit by the new Magical Musketeer (Magibullet), since they also like to use the Extra Deck, but don't have anything that can be useful for Link Summoning purposes.

flame_fiendess_by_zaziuma-dbm8ew8.png

2 Fiend monsters, except Normal Monsters
Once per turn, if a Synchro or Xyz Monster is Summoned to your zone this card points to: This card gains 1000 ATK until the end of the next turn, also if that monster is a Fiend monster, draw 1 card. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Fiend Synchro or Xyz Monster in your zone this card points to; Special Summon 1 Fiend monster from your hand, Deck or GY to your zone this card points to whose Level/Rank is less than or equal to the Tributed monster’s Level/Rank ignoring its Summoning conditions, except the Tributed monster.

Oh, look Yuugi from Touhou :D

Anyway, I don't like that ability of summoning from the Deck ignoring the summoning conditions; you should know by now that it's bound to be abused. For instance,"Tierra, Source of Destruction", anyone? or perhaps any of the big Infernoids? Yeah...

And it's not like Synchro or Xyzs Summoning a Fiend monster is that much of a hassle.

By the way, not that it's wrong but Bottom-Left and Bottom-Right link markers are possibly the most overused positions by now. Would be cool if you shifted either of those to Bottom, but that's up to you.

The other effect looks good enough. The draw power is such a sweet bonus.

The card is interesting, adds exactly what D/Ds needs, comes with support for mono-type synchro and xyz plays and can turn such a monster into any other ... though (sa darj mentioned already) ignoring the summon conditions is always risky and allows generate plays, like consistently summoning tierra or norleras with minimal input.

Oh, look Yuugi from Touhou :D

Anyway, I don't like that ability of summoning from the Deck ignoring the summoning conditions; you should know by now that it's bound to be abused. For instance,"Tierra, Source of Destruction", anyone? or perhaps any of the big Infernoids? Yeah...

And it's not like Synchro or Xyzs Summoning a Fiend monster is that much of a hassle.

By the way, not that it's wrong but Bottom-Left and Bottom-Right link markers are possibly the most overused positions by now. Would be cool if you shifted either of those to Bottom, but that's up to you.

The other effect looks good enough. The draw power is such a sweet bonus.

It was designed for Infernoids as I stated, so that is necessary otherwise there's little use for it in there. As for Tierra, it's a card I hadn't thought about, a quite powerful card, sure, but there is still effort involved in regard to using this, not sure how I could change it so it can still get Infernoids but not Tierra, open for suggestions.

I have made cards with a ton of different arrow combinations, some are the way you describe even, as I didn't see a reason to have it be a bottom, I didn't do that, I don't see a significant reason to change it either.

It was designed for Infernoids as I stated, so that is necessary otherwise there's little use for it in there. As for Tierra, it's a card I hadn't thought about, a quite powerful card, sure, but there is still effort involved in regard to using this, not sure how I could change it so it can still get Infernoids but not Tierra, open for suggestions.

I have made cards with a ton of different arrow combinations, some are the way you describe even, as I didn't see a reason to have it be a bottom, I didn't do that, I don't see a significant reason to change it either.

A Level limit would suffice, preferably the standard Level4 or lower; but if it's intended to Summon big nomi and semi-nomi Fiends, something that personally I don't support, then I cannot think of any alternatives.

I didn't mean your Links2 only, but in general. I mean, official cards like the attribute retrains, the SPYRAL and Subterror Links, etc., as well as cards made by other YCMers.

A Level limit would suffice, preferably the standard Level4 or lower; but if it's intended to Summon big nomi and semi-nomi Fiends, something that personally I don't support, then I cannot think of any alternatives.

I didn't mean your Links2 only, but in general. I mean, official cards like the attribute retrains, the SPYRAL and Subterror Links, etc., as well as cards made by other YCMers.

Can I ask why you don't support Summoning Special Summon only monsters?

Can I ask why you don't support Summoning Special Summon only monsters?

Precisely because of the abuse, like with the aforementioned Tierra. Also, they are "Special Summon only" monsters for a reason; I'm not against the mechanic itself, as I can get behind such effects when they come with restrictions and/or appropriate costs/conditions, as it is the case of "A Wild Monster Appears!", or the series/archetype really needs the support like "Level Up!", but summoning any Fiend from the Deck at full power and with a condition that is relatively easy to fulfill... it is bound to be abused. And, you know, "futureproofing" is a thing in card design.

Precisely because of the abuse, like with the aforementioned Tierra. Also, they are "Special Summon only" monsters for a reason; I'm not against the mechanic itself, as I can get behind such effects when they come with restrictions and/or appropriate costs/conditions, as it is the case of "A Wild Monster Appears!", or the series/archetype really needs the support like "Level Up!", but summoning any Fiend from the Deck at full power and with a condition that is relatively easy to fulfill... it is bound to be abused. And, you know, "futureproofing" is a thing in card design.

Which I want to fix, since I didn't even consider it when making this. Well yeah, but ignoring means you don't care about the rules. Well, I figured that it wouldn't be such a huge issue since the cost still takes effort.

Which I want to fix, since I didn't even consider it when making this. Well yeah, but ignoring means you don't care about the rules. Well, I figured that it wouldn't be such a huge issue since the cost still takes effort.

In that case, I can only think on either increasing the number of Tributes required, although then it falls on the "awesome but impractical" spectrum; or put the Summoned monster into the hand at the end of the turn, like Monarch Ehther does. The latter wouldn't let you do too much damage with Tierra nor other high-Level nomi/semi-nomi Fiends like the big Infernoids.

Alright, I changed it so it can only get monsters with a lower Level/Rank than the Tributed monster, both means that low Level Synchro/Xyzs aren't able to grab anything too powerful from the Deck, but it's not impossible to get something strong either. Still technically possible to get Teirra, though there's only like one monster that can do that from what I can tell.

Archived