Hallohallo-CIBR-EN-LE-OP.png

Level 3 | Fiend | Pendulum | Tuner | Normal

800/600

Scale 2

PE: Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; roll a six-sided die and that monster's Level becomes the same as the result until the end of this turn.

Hallo Hallo, brain of tallow,
Guts are gone, noggin's hollow.
Seeking sweets and marshing mallows,
Watch your back, and your candy sack.

https://ygorganization.com/cibr-tcg-sneak-preview/

(Actually saw this on Wikia, but...)

=====

So yeah, Halloween came early and Konami gave us a generic Pendulum Tuner to work with for the sneak card.

At least no drawbacks, right (outside the obvious Pendulum hits in VRAINS)?

I love the art, it's adorable. First generic Pendulum Tuner I suppose, the others have some form of restriction, banishing or specific type or Attribute clauses, so that's nice. Level 3 Fiend is good for various purposes, decent low Scale, disruption or random Level for your monster, could be useful in a pinch, but nothing special, guess it's something. I suppose that this is what we always wanted, not to get our Pendulum Tuner taken away, makes the idea of them less powerful when you do.

Might be the only generic Tuner Pendulum we ever get, unless Konami decides to be generous for EXFO or in the near future. (Even then, still going to be gone a lot unless you can Link Summon and all to open more slots, but that's on the format change). Make of this as you will.

Yeah, card isn't really gamebreaking, but if we ever wanted a recurring Tuner for stuff, we got it now (Scale/Level aren't too bad and P-effect probably has some uses for enabing certain plays more easily, etc). That, and artwork fits.

Oh my that flavour text is everything

I can't really think of a use for the pend effect, but it's an interesting card nonetheless because of being able to TGU this out and then Link 2 and pend summon this back for Synchro plays. It feels kinda worse however than just using Sangan to search a Level 3 tuner (Ghost Ogre or Ash Blossom) and then just Pend summoning that from the hand, especially since you don't need Linked zones for Pend Summoning from the hand, allowing you to get 2 Pends out of the extra deck in addition to the Level 3 Tuner. But it is a searchable (Painful Decision) low scale and that may count in its favour, especially if Tour Guide stays at one, which would make Sangan a bit awkward to use.

Finally a generic Pendulum Tuner with no drawbacks, I knew it would be made eventually! Too bad the Link mechanics hold Pendulum Summons back now :v

DARK/Fiend Level3 lets it get a bunch of support, like aforementioned TGU, as well as Scarm; it should have had 0 DEF for Recurring Nightmare too, although it is not as likely for it to end in the grave anyway; or 1000 DEF for Squire support, for whatever that's worth xD

The Pendulum effect is amusing, too. One of my first thoughts was taking your chances to turn a Glad Beast into a Level 5~6 and Contact fuse Tamer Editor, although the need of Link Zones for the 2 Fusions would still remain.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Pendulum effect is a bit too unstable to make use of intentionally... Usually... Best usage of it I can think of is using this along with those other dice roll Pendulum Normies (Ghost Beef and Mild Turkey) to try and max out on the needed dice rolls for 1 method of drawing 2 off of Dueltaining.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dueltaining

That is a mad man's idea of a Deck though...

Another thing to note is that because its ATK is under 1000: It is a great Dragard target if you manage to dump him in the grave. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dragard

Mild Turkey also shares the trait of being a Dragard target.... I wonder if I should be that mad man to make a Dueltaining dice deck.

Pendulum effect is a bit too unstable to make use of intentionally... Usually... Best usage of it I can think of is using this along with those other dice roll Pendulum Normies (Ghost Beef and Mild Turkey) to try and max out on the needed dice rolls for 1 method of drawing 2 off of Dueltaining.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dueltaining

That is a mad man's idea of a Deck though...

Another thing to note is that because its ATK is under 1000: It is a great Dragard target if you manage to dump him in the grave. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dragard

Mild Turkey also shares the trait of being a Dragard target.... I wonder if I should be that mad man to make a Dueltaining dice deck.

You probably could, but Link format won't be kind about it (or the game in general). 

But yeah, I see this more on being usable because generic Pendulum Tuner with no drawbacks, however often you can do that nowadays with the current rules.

It's certainly adorable (I know a couple of people who want 3 already), though I thought it was a bit weird that the sneak promo is a pend when we're in the Link era.

You would've thought they'd make a Link or something to tie into the actual set stuff, but suppose it's their way of showing that they didn't forget that non-Links exist since CIBR had zero (not like it'll do anything at sneaks due to this fact). 

You would've thought they'd make a Link or something to tie into the actual set stuff, but suppose it's their way of showing that they didn't forget that non-Links exist since CIBR had zero (not like it'll do anything at sneaks due to this fact). 

They could've had this as one of the cards that is 81-89 and it'd have the same eff in showing us that non-Links exists, and have a Link as the sneak promo or something.

People are super overstating just how much link rules hurt pendulums. Half the time you would want to pendulum summon this you will have a link up anyway, and even if you didn't it could still be summoned the EMZ and used to Synchro summon in said zone.

Everyone repeat after me: LINKS. DON'T. MAKE. PENDULUMS. BAD.

Yeah, you can't really pend 5 anymore, but that isn't even what this is for.

Speedroid was on the nose. It is a highly searchable tuner that is also a pendulim monster. That's all it needs to be, not an excuse to complain about links.

People are super overstating just how much link rules hurt pendulums. Half the time you would want to pendulum summon this you will have a link up anyway, and even if you didn't it could still be summoned the EMZ and used to Synchro summon in said zone.

Everyone repeat after me: LINKS. DON'T. MAKE. PENDULUMS. BAD.

Yeah, you can't really pend 5 anymore, but that isn't even what this is for.

Speedroid was on the nose. It is a highly searchable tuner that is also a pendulim monster. That's all it needs to be, not an excuse to complain about links.

What's even better is how you can use Link Spider's effect to summon this without a pendulum summon, which is pretty nifty for a lot of plays. Heck, Link Spider is part of the reason I saw Metalfoes adapt to Links very well; because it's a 1-card link that will be often gone into if you rely on tokens as a means to Link Summon, and if you can actually make use of its effect then it's free summon and that's never a bad thing.

Frankly, this card just natural goodstuffs. Good level, good typing, good attribute (DARK is pretty beneficial for a lot of synchro goodstuffs), and the status as a pendulum is just the icing on the cake. It's a really nice card.

For links yes, but not for synchro summoning. You can't use TGU's summoned mat as a synchro material.

cat

cat use your brain

TGU -> This -> Link 2 (dark one in future, for now... akachic?) -> PS back this and w/e else if possible

then it can be used as a tuner

cat

cat use your brain

TGU -> This -> Link 2 (dark one in future, for now... akachic?) -> PS back this and w/e else if possible

then it can be used as a tuner

...I was, that's why I said "for links, yes". Obviously you're not using it for Xyz, then it's going to the grave and you've accomplished nothing except using a vanilla pendulum instead of Scarm. I mean, I doubt TGU is going to come back for Links, especially when now people can live the Sangan dream again. As kinda bad as specifically Sangan is, it's just in general going to be so much better with links.

But how can it give synchro access when it's being used for a link? Maybe it is the tuner that gives synchro access!

Checkmate, atheists!

what are you even on about

tgu gives you access to a pendulum summonable tuner after using it + herself for a link

you just PS it to one of the Linked zones, that's how the mechanic works

There's so little in the way of actual Fiend type support (my brain always defaults to sepia-toned images of Hate Buster and Darkness Neosphere when the subject comes up). We could really use a Fiend-type structure deck or something, the fiendish ones we've had so far have been about xenophobic archtypes that happen to include Fiends like D/D/D's, Monarchs, Dark Worlds and whatnot. Then there was Curse of Darkness, but that never came out in the TCG and instead all its cards were released as Secret Rares in FOTB, and they all kinda sucked. 

Here's hoping that the Counter Fairy Structure Deck is a sign of Fiends to come, as that tends to be a pattern (Curse of Darkness came out after Surge of Radiance and Gates of the Underworld came out after Lost Sanctuary.) Although really I just want something that'll grant Cubics faster access to Crimson Nova the 10/10 best fiend.

Oh yeah, Hallo Hallo. I'm glad that they're still paying attention to previous Summoning mechanics and that this card has so many slashes between its square brackets, but the Pendulum effect is disappointing. It'll mostly be used to target/activate for the sake of targeting/activating. It'd be a lot cooler if it were a Quick Effect and could sabotage your opponent's Xyz/Synchro plays, as the chances of getting your monster to a desired level that it wasn't already when you chose it for your Deck with its level in mind are much lower than mangling an opponent's monster's.

Archived