[Leaderboard] D'Sceptyr vs. .Belle (Trading Card Two-Step) (Cards Up!)

Black D'Sceptyr

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after the challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-served between the previous challengers and new submissions.

Requirement:

Challenger's Choice!

Time for a Pair-Supporting Prognosis, doc-cards only need have similar design and help each other out here, how well they do so is up to you!

[spoiler=Cards A1 and A2]

neon_naugahyde_by_bdsceptyr-dbmm0a2.png

WIND/Psychic-Type Union Tuner Effect Monster/Level 3/1200 ATK/500 DEF

Lore: If a monster(s) in your possession is targeted by an effect that would return it to the Deck (Quick Effect): You can take 1 Level 6 or lower Psychic monster from your Deck, except a LIGHT or DARK monster, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Neon Naugahyde" once per turn. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Neon Nymphilim" you control;  equip this card to that target, OR; Unequip this card and Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card gains 600 ATK, it is added to your hand if it would be sent to the GY, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

neon_nymphilim_by_bdsceptyr-dbmm09v.png

WIND/Psychic-Type Union Effect Monster/Level 6/2400 ATK/1000 DEF

Lore: If this card is in your hand (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster you control, except "Neon Nymphilim": shuffle it into the Deck, then Special Summon this card, and if you do, you can equip 1 Union monster from your hand or GY to this card that that can equip to it. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Neon Naugahyde" you control; equip this card to that target, OR; Unequip this card and Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card becomes a Tuner, you immediately draw 1 card before resolving an opponent's card effect that targets it or this equipped card, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

[spoiler=Cards B1 and B2]

KRna8Xx.png

LIGHT/Fairy-Type Pendulum Effect Monster/Level 4/1500 ATK/1500 DEF

Scales: 7/7

PE:
During your Main Phase: You can add 1 DARK Fairy Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to your hand. If you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Hieros" pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ME:
When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand. During your Standby Phase: You can take 1 card from your Deck or GY and place it on the top of your Deck, then gain 1000 LP. You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Hieros" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

ZEPg30k.png

DARK/Fairy-Type Pendulum Effect Monster/Level 4/1500 ATK/1500 DEF

Scales: 1/1

PE:
During your Main Phase: You can add 1 LIGHT Fairy Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to your hand. If you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the GY. You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Daimon" pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ME:
When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY. During your Standby Phase: You can send 1 card from your Deck to the GY, then inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Daimon" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn.

You're on .Belle, but one clarifying question.

Let's see... a pair of monster that are similar in design and somehow support each other? Think Burning Beast and Freezing Beast for example.

Do they have to be Union monsters, though, or just work off of Summon one another-or shall we leave that up for interpretation?

You're on .Belle, but one clarifying question.

Do they have to be Union monsters, though, or just work off of Summon one another-or shall we leave that up for interpretation?

They don't have to be Union. Heck, they don't even have to SS each other. Sth like Battleguard duo are fine.

I'll vote. edit: Sorry, I didn't notice this was pending an extension. Do with the response what you will.

Cards A:

I can see the combos the two cards create with each other easily. Adding a Psychic-type monsters seems ok, since the only deck I can think of with a lot of non LIGHT and DARK Psychics for that effect would be gusto and they could use support, however I concede that my info on the card pool is out of date. The rest of the effects seem solid and don't appear to create any issues from what I can see.

Cards B:

"When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand."  This alone is enough to give to deny cards B the vote Last I checked, cards like magical stone excavation have a steep cost for a reason. This would allow you to reuse any limited spell/trap card, and that alone is a huge issue. That's only the first card though. For the 2nd card, hand destruction is another effect that's hard to preform for a reason. At least the foolish burial-esque effect is ok because its during your Standby Phase and thus hard enough to set up that it doesn't get compared to lavalval chain. If all that weren't enough, in my opinion, these cards seem more like counterparts like time gazer and stargazer magician then cards that directly combo off each other.

Naturally Cards A gets my vote

Cards A1 and A2

WIND - Level 3 - Psychic/Union/Tuner/Effect - 1200 ATK/500 DEF reminds me of the Union Tuners we had to do for Salamanders in the AGM card contest not so long ago.

If a monster(s) in your possession is targeted by an effect that would return it to the Deck (Quick Effect): You can take 1 Level 6 or lower Psychic monster from your Deck, except a LIGHT or DARK monster, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Neon Naugahyde" once per turn. I would’ve rather had it Special Summon appropriate Psychics, and either Special Summon them or Equip it to this card. Would’ve been a bit cooler but at least this is a bit more supporting of Psychics, even though you excluded most of the Psychic monsters out of the equation (seriously why didn’t you just say WIND Psychic?)

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Neon Nymphilim" you control;  equip this card to that target, OR; Unequip this card and Special Summon it. WIND Psychic. Name restricting them isn’t necessary for them to be grouped together if they have synergies together that enforce you to want to put them on each other anyway.

A monster equipped with this card gains 600 ATK, it is added to your hand if it would be sent to the GY, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. Gearfried Royal Magical Liberary would’ve been a bit scary, but it's generic so I guess it's fine.

WIND - Level 6 - Psychic/Union/Effect - 2400 ATK/1000 DEF Wait it’s a Monarch?

If this card is in your hand (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster you control, except "Neon Nymphilim": shuffle it into the Deck, then Special Summon this card, and if you do, you can equip 1 Union monster from your hand or GY to this card that that can equip to it. Well, for 1 you have to say 1 “appropriate Union monster” in order for the Union monster to get its effects. Second maybe Equipping just from the hand and then having it OPT would’ve been better, since otherwise you have to waste your Normal Summon every turn to get the Equip’s effects to work.

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Neon Naugahyde" you control; equip this card to that target, OR; Unequip this card and Special Summon it. See A1

A monster equipped with this card becomes a Tuner, you immediately draw 1 card before resolving an opponent's card effect that targets it or this equipped card, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. But Naugahyde is already a Tuner… the draw 1 is a bit out of place but it’s a cool kind of target protection (even though it only says opponent’s card effects and barely anyone uses card effect targeting anymore)

Cards B1 and B2

LIGHT - Level 4 - Fairy/Pendulum/Effect - 1500 ATK/1500 DEF - Scales: 7
Pendulum: During your Main Phase: You can add 1 DARK Fairy Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to your hand. Well, it’s a searcher. Looking at the other one I’m a bit concerned that instant +2 by just playing 1 of these is pretty broken, especially with the scales making this combo splashable in any Deck you may create.

If you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can draw 1 card. I get that it’s supposed to be opposites, so you decided on drawing and discarding, but tbh they should’ve had 1 Pendulum Effect, where 1 discards a card from your hand, and 1 banishes from face-up your Extra Deck of LIGHT or DARK, and then searches out a Fairy Pendulum with a different name.Then they probably should’ve had 1 and 5 as their scale.

Monster: When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand. Wtf... ANY CARD? Raigeki, Soul Charge, whatever draw or search Spells, anything? You realize how f’ed up that is right?

During your Standby Phase: You can take 1 card from your Deck or GY and place it on the top of your Deck, then gain 1000 LP. Not exactly broken, but with everything else this card is way more broken than it has to be.

DARK - Level 4 - Fairy/Pendulum/Effect - 1500 ATK/1500 DEF - Scales: 1

Pendulum: During your Main Phase: You can add 1 LIGHT Fairy Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to your hand. See B1

If you Pendulum Summon a monster(s): You can send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the GY. I’m sorry, but hand milling like this might break the card pretty soundly.

You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Daimon" pendulum effect per turn, and only once that turn. +1 every turn pretty much. You really need some costs on this, especially considering the former card,

Monster: When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY. That is WAY out there. Non destruction indiscriminate removal when Summoned. Rather have it destroy, have it send itself to the Extra Deck, and/or limit it to Normal Summoning.

During your Standby Phase: You can send 1 card from your Deck to the GY, then inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Alright, tbf it’s slow, but GENERIC INDISCRIMINATE MILLING though. This would kinda limit design space in a lot of Decks, but it’s a fairly easy thing to fix. I would rather have it send LIGHT or DARK Pendulum monsters to the Extra Deck, since Link Format is going to be considered.

You can only use 1 "Synthesized Angel - Daimon" monster effect per turn, and only once that turn. Yeah but you can only use one of the effects per turn since you can’t Normal Summon/Pendulum Summon it before the Standby Phase of that turn, so “and only once that turn” is pretty redundant. So what you’re telling me is the only reason this card has this condition is because of the other card in its group. Tbh this should be any of its effects once per turn, and only once that turn. Too much searching otherwise.

I’ll have to give A the win. B is just WAY TOO GENERIC for me to consider at all game worthy. A isn’t perfect though, resorting to being a bit too closed off from other Psychic monsters to see much Main Deck play in most of the competitive Psychic Decks.

Archived