[MtG] [XLN] Ixalan Spoilers, Week 1

bury the year

I could easily be wrong, but I think Blood Baron is trash in commander. Sure it doesn't die to most targeted removal, but a 4/4 lifelink for 5 is meh and even if he was unblockable I wouldn't play him. The growth trigger is insane, don't get me wrong, but generally I find people below 10 are just dead.

Virtually all the point removal in my meta is either white or black. Baron's protection is key: almost always ends up forcing a wrath.

Still worth testing the swap, though. :)

Virtually all the point removal in my meta is either white or black. Baron's protection is key: almost always ends up forcing a wrath.

Still worth testing the swap, though. :)

Hosing the BW player is fun (friend has a mean Karlov list), but I'd rather the more generally powerful card.

dinosaurstampede.jpgrampagingferocidon.jpgrile.jpgbishopofthebloodstained.jpgmerfolkbranchwalker.jpglurkingchupacabra.jpg

searchforazcanta.jpgazcantathesunkenruin.jpg

conquerorofbattle.jpg

Conqueror of Battle

2W

Creature - Vampire Soldier

When Conqueror of Battle enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Conqueror of Battle, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

2/2

vraskarelicseeker.jpg

Vraska, Relic Seeker

4BG

Legendary Planeswalker - Vraska

[+2]: Create a 2/2 black Pirate creature token with menace.

[-3]: Destroy target artifact, creature, or enchantment. Create a colorless treasure artifact token with "T, Sacrfice this artifact. Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

[-10]: Target player's life total becomes 1.

Archived