Some Minecraft Yu-Gi-Oh cards XD

DaCurse0

Please don't laugh at me XD

http://imgur.com/a/D7l6Q

(Check the cards from the bottom-up)

Card Explanation:

Chicken - The effect is like whenever you throw a chicken egg in the game, it has a chance to spawn another chicken

Zombie - Vanilla Card

Skeleton - The Skeleton "shoots" the target he attacks and by that he weakens him

Creeper - Can kill other by exploding but he dies in the process, that's why you tribute him

Charged Creeper - Larger explosion than a regular Crepper's, monster that get exploded by him drop their heads, that's why you get Skull Tokens

Wither Skeleton - His effect is sorth-of like the wither, but because DoT is not in YuGiOh I changed it a bit, also has a chance to drop his skull when he's killed.

Skull Token - Represents the wither skulls used to summon the wither

Soul Sand Tower - Represents the soul sand thing you need to build in order to summon the  wither

The Wither - Requires the Sould Sand and 3 Wither Skulls, just like in the game. His summon effect is like the explosion he does when he's summoned and his second abillity is like him being able to kill 2 targets by shooting his skulls.

First time making yugioh cards, haven't had an idea so I went for this... I would love to hear balancing tips & critique...

Actually post the cards in the thread; not link to the Imgur gallery that you have them hosted on. Do not make users jump to another tab on their browser just to look at your stuff. 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366306-bbcode-101-for-new-members/

(Read the part under Images for learning how to post; in your case, just copy the URL of each card.)

====

Also moved to Experimental because some of your stuff like the Creepers and Chicken do not have real Types. "Undead" is technically the term for Zombies in OCG. The regular Custom Card area deals with concepts that already exist in the actual game. 

====

Don't worry if it this your first time, just have fun and make creative cards. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I'll try reviewing some OCGrammar mistakes too, but I'm not the best at proper OCG.

Chicken ATK 300 DEF 300 Level 2/Earth/Animal/Effect

Once per turn, you can toss a coin 3 times: if at least 2 of the results are Heads, you can Special Summon 1 "Baby Chicken Token" (ATK 300 DEF 300 Level ? Attribute ? Type ?).

The stats are kinda low, but I'd use cards like this to Link Summon something (this might be a decent card to get Missus Radiant). Why is it "Animal-Type" while it could be a normal Beast?

I get you're trying to be accurate somehow with Translation effects, but try making more competitive/balanced cards. I'd never run this card. It should at least Summon a Token for each Head you get. That would be interesting.

Zombie ATK 1400 DEF 800 Level 3/Dark/Undead

Again, a weird Type. Zombie-Type does exist, you know. Also, naming a card "Zombie" is way too generic! All the cards in an Archetype should have something in common (think of HERO, or Blackwings, or any Archetype except Rank 10 Trains).

These days, if you want to run a Vanilla monster it should have at least 1900 ATK (level 4), or have some ways to fit/support the Archetype (Genex Controller, but Genex are bad anyway).

Skeleton ATK 1100 DEF 1000 Level 3/Dark/Undead Zombie/Effect

If this card attacks, reduce the ATK of the opponent's monster by this card's ATK divided by 4.

Well, the stats are quite weird if you want to divide it by 4, I mean, your opponent will get a -275 ATK? At least make it 1200 ATK. But that wouldn't make the card useful in any way. Don't get me wrong, this card would've been decent ten years ago, but nowadays, no thanks.

Creeper ATK 1600 DEF 700 Level 3/Earth/Unknown/Effect

You can Tribute this card: target one monster on your opponent's side of the field; destroy it.

The... Unknown-Type? Ok, I'll stop complaining about weird Types.

This shows you're going in the right way, but check out Archfiend Eccentrick, which does the exact same thing, but it has a second effect and it can be Summoned again and again because it's a Pendul-oh right, you'll need Extra Monster Zones. I almost forgot how nerfed Pendulums are.

Charged Creeper ATK 2300 DEF 1200 Level 6/Earth/Unknown/Fusion/Effect

"Creeper" + "Creeper"

This monster must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Summoned in other ways. You can Tribute this card: destroy all monsters your opponent controls, then Special Summon a "Skull Token" (ATK ? DEF ? Level ? Attribute ? Type?) for each monster destroyed by this effect.

I feel a monster called "Skull Token" has to be a Token, so I made it Special Summonable because Tokens can't be added to the hand. Don't worry, it's not going to make the card broken, because it's basically a hard-to-pull-off Raigeki. It requires 2 specific monsters, that can't be searched.

Wither Skeleton

If "The Wither" is Summoned while you control this face-up card: target one monster your opponent controls, equip "The Wither" to it. If a monster equipped with "The Wither" battles, destroy it before the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed: Special Summon a "Skull Token" (ATK ? DEF ? Level ? Attribute ? Type?).

Finally you get that monsters have to have at least 2 effects to even exist. The equipping mechanic is quite cool, but you're wasting so many resources just to pop a monster. Think about it. You've been able somehow to have both the Ritual Monster and the Spell, you Tribute lots of monsters, and you waste that 3k body.

Skull Token is a Token. I'm sorry, but it has to be.

Soul Hand Tower

This card is used to Ritual Summon "The Wither". You must also Tribute monsters on your side of the field or in your hand whose total Levels equal 8 or more.

Again, a decent card in the DM era. Make sure to check out Ritual-focused decks to have an idea of how Rituals work (I recommend Cyber Angels, or Nekroz).

The Wither ATK 3000 DEF 2400 Level 8/Dark/Zombie/Ritual/Effect

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Soul Hand Tower". When this card is Summoned: destroy every Defense Position monster your opponent controls. If this card attacks, you can target a face-up monster with less than 3000 ATK: destroy it. You can only use this effect of "The Wither" once per turn.

Removed the "3 Skull Token" stuff, because I'm quite sure 1+1+1 doesn't equal 8. Basic boss monster. I put a OPT clause to the effect because I think it would've made a replay every time this monster attacked, creating a weird loop.

Well, the Archetype is quite trivial, if you ask me. It looks like you've quitted YGO at the start of the GX era. It doesn't have a searcher, an unique mechanic, something that would make the Archetype memorable. Chicken might be a cool Casual card with the proper adjustments.

Don't worry if it this your first time, just have fun and make creative cards. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I'll try reviewing some OCGrammar mistakes too, but I'm not the best at proper OCG.

Chicken ATK 300 DEF 300 Level 2/Earth/Animal/Effect

Once per turn, you can toss a coin 3 times: if at least 2 of the results are Heads, you can Special Summon 1 "Baby Chicken Token" (ATK 300 DEF 300 Level ? Attribute ? Type ?).

The stats are kinda low, but I'd use cards like this to Link Summon something (this might be a decent card to get Missus Radiant). Why is it "Animal-Type" while it could be a normal Beast?

I get you're trying to be accurate somehow with Translation effects, but try making more competitive/balanced cards. I'd never run this card. It should at least Summon a Token for each Head you get. That would be interesting.

Zombie ATK 1400 DEF 800 Level 3/Dark/Undead

Again, a weird Type. Zombie-Type does exist, you know. Also, naming a card "Zombie" is way too generic! All the cards in an Archetype should have something in common (think of HERO, or Blackwings, or any Archetype except Rank 10 Trains).

These days, if you want to run a Vanilla monster it should have at least 1900 ATK (level 4), or have some ways to fit/support the Archetype (Genex Controller, but Genex are bad anyway).

Skeleton ATK 1100 DEF 1000 Level 3/Dark/Undead Zombie/Effect

If this card attacks, reduce the ATK of the opponent's monster by this card's ATK divided by 4.

Well, the stats are quite weird if you want to divide it by 4, I mean, your opponent will get a -275 ATK? At least make it 1200 ATK. But that wouldn't make the card useful in any way. Don't get me wrong, this card would've been decent ten years ago, but nowadays, no thanks.

Creeper ATK 1600 DEF 700 Level 3/Earth/Unknown/Effect

You can Tribute this card: target one monster on your opponent's side of the field; destroy it.

The... Unknown-Type? Ok, I'll stop complaining about weird Types.

This shows you're going in the right way, but check out Archfiend Eccentrick, which does the exact same thing, but it has a second effect and it can be Summoned again and again because it's a Pendul-oh right, you'll need Extra Monster Zones. I almost forgot how nerfed Pendulums are.

Charged Creeper ATK 2300 DEF 1200 Level 6/Earth/Unknown/Fusion/Effect

"Creeper" + "Creeper"

This monster must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Summoned in other ways. You can Tribute this card: destroy all monsters your opponent controls, then Special Summon a "Skull Token" (ATK ? DEF ? Level ? Attribute ? Type?) for each monster destroyed by this effect.

I feel a monster called "Skull Token" has to be a Token, so I made it Special Summonable because Tokens can't be added to the hand. Don't worry, it's not going to make the card broken, because it's basically a hard-to-pull-off Raigeki. It requires 2 specific monsters, that can't be searched.

Wither Skeleton

If "The Wither" is Summoned while you control this face-up card: target one monster your opponent controls, equip "The Wither" to it. If a monster equipped with "The Wither" battles, destroy it before the Damage Step. If this card is destroyed: Special Summon a "Skull Token" (ATK ? DEF ? Level ? Attribute ? Type?).

Finally you get that monsters have to have at least 2 effects to even exist. The equipping mechanic is quite cool, but you're wasting so many resources just to pop a monster. Think about it. You've been able somehow to have both the Ritual Monster and the Spell, you Tribute lots of monsters, and you waste that 3k body.

Skull Token is a Token. I'm sorry, but it has to be.

Soul Hand Tower

This card is used to Ritual Summon "The Wither". You must also Tribute monsters on your side of the field or in your hand whose total Levels equal 8 or more.

Again, a decent card in the DM era. Make sure to check out Ritual-focused decks to have an idea of how Rituals work (I recommend Cyber Angels, or Nekroz).

The Wither ATK 3000 DEF 2400 Level 8/Dark/Zombie/Ritual/Effect

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Soul Hand Tower". When this card is Summoned: destroy every Defense Position monster your opponent controls. If this card attacks, you can target a face-up monster with less than 3000 ATK: destroy it. You can only use this effect of "The Wither" once per turn.

Removed the "3 Skull Token" stuff, because I'm quite sure 1+1+1 doesn't equal 8. Basic boss monster. I put a OPT clause to the effect because I think it would've made a replay every time this monster attacked, creating a weird loop.

Well, the Archetype is quite trivial, if you ask me. It looks like you've quitted YGO at the start of the GX era. It doesn't have a searcher, an unique mechanic, something that would make the Archetype memorable. Chicken might be a cool Casual card with the proper adjustments.

Thanks for the advice! And I haven't watched the series in a while, I just like creating my own cards :P

Before I review, I should preface the following:

• Change "Undead" to "Zombie." This will make more sense as it is an actual Monster Type that can interact with current support cards.

• Change "Unknown" to...something. Charged Creeper could be a Thunder-Type, while a regular could be an Aqua-Type, or a Reptile-Type. Unknown is such a cop-out.

• Chicken would make sense as a winged beast, because it has wings and is an animal. "Animal" is not a real type and thus does not work with any type-dependent support cards, so making it a winged-beast would make more sense.

Regarding the individual cards themselves.

Why does The Wither require only 3 tributes to summon, in spite of being level 8? This logic is counterintuitive to Ritual Summoning's core, and if you want it to behave that way, then Fusion Summoning would work much better. That way, Soul Sand Tower could be a fusion spell card, and the Skull Tokens could be...actual tokens rather than just normal monsters. There's no utility to having those normal monsters in your deck, so if you had a method to summon 3 tokens to use for a fusion summon, you would end up with a more consistent way to summon The Wither.

Wither Skeleton's text is barely comprehensible from a grammar standpoint. The term "equip with Wither," is so vague and up to interpretation that I honestly had no idea what you were trying to make it do. You COULD say to place a "Wither Counter" on it, and then if a monster battles with a Wither Counter then it is destroyed at the end of the battle. Also, this would be a good card to summon Wither Skull tokens.

With Charged Creeper, do you mean that it must FIRST be fusion summoned, or do you mean it can only be special summoned by Fusion Summon? Those are both very different things, like how a Stardust Dragon summoned by Starlight Road cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard because it was not first Synchro Summoned. Also, you're not specific enough regarding where to send creepers and charged creepers to the graveyard from. You just say "send them," rather than specifying where they have to start out. Is it from the hand, deck, or field? The player needs to know this in order to determine whether or not they can and should use the effect.

I think on the Magic Cardsmith tips, they talked about "don't make people do math." When you ask the player to divide 1100 by 4, do you really think anyone is going to prefer that over just saying "lower the target's ATK by 275 (which is admittedly an arbitrary and ugly number)"? Ideally, you should have numbers ending in 00, or 50 if you must. Also, this effect doesn't help you summon the wither, and there are much better cards to lower attack or get rid of monsters. The opportunity cost of using this card over Raigeki, Dark Hole, Burden of the Mighty, etc. is extremely high. Allow this card to extend your fusion plays or perhaps protect your wither from being destroyed.

Make Zombie an effect monster.

Chicken also doesn't help much at all, considering its low stats and very situational effect.

Basically, the problem with these cards is that they don't help each other out, and they're not helped by anything else. If you want your cards to succeed, they need to work together to figure out how to win. For example, why do Dinosaurs win? Because they summon Laggia and Dolkka and Ultimate Conductor and Bahamut Shark/Toadally Awesome to overwhelm the opponent. Why do Madolche win? Because they use brilliant fusion and other combo cards to clear a path and inflict a bit over 8000 damage as quickly as possible. Why do Yang Zing win? Because they have enough floaters and resources to last much longer than the opponent. Same with Burning Abyss.

Basically, you need to focus on one good card or one good strategy to build a deck around, and then make your custom cards so that you can actually achieve that. If you want to summon wither, you need a card to get tokens, a card to get the fusion spell, a card to protect the wither, a card to get back your resources if the wither leaves the field (Kaijus, Dark Hole, Castel), and any in between.

Admittedly, you're not at fault for being new to card design, but this is what I want you to think about.

Archived