Wyrm Gemini LV monsters? How unoriginal! [AGM?]

Eshai

While sounding like sarcasm, it isn't. Inspired by Black D'Septyr's Mystery Ghost Dragon LV lineup with the link in the description

I liked the idea of Gemini LV for a couple reasons:

• Gaining the Gemini Effect is very similar to Leveling up. While you can use the monster's effects, there are Spell that can get there instead. By combining the 2, you can get a lot more utility

• I like Luster Dragon and Luster Dragon #2, and wanted a reason to make them shinier as all Dragons get after their Wyrm makeover

• Luster Dragon in itself feels like it could've been a LV archetype. It already has a really well stated LV 4 and 6 to work off of.

• I like Gemini and LV. I've done a LV archetype before along the lines of EARTH Insects and Ant Lions. The mechanics fascinate me since more could be done but Konami's too much of an indie company to do something with it.

Luster Dragon LV4

WIND - Level 4 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 1900 ATK/1600 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While you control a Gemini monster, this card is treated as an Effect Monster in the GY.

If a Gemini monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card instead.

While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:

● If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 “Luster Dragon LV6”. You can only use this effect of “Luster Dragon LV 4” once per turn.

GY effects for Gemini monsters? ABSURD! I did it though, so be happy. I’d rather support Gemini than Wyrms, but if I end up doing that I’ll end up doing that. What you might have noticed is that the

Luster Dragon LV6

WIND - Level 6 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 2400 ATK/2400 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY.

While you control a Gemini monster, this card is treated as an Effect Monster in the GY.

When a card or effect is activated that targets a Wyrm Gemini monster you control (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 “Luster Dragon LV” monster from your Deck. It is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. You can only use this effect of “Luster Dragon LV6” once per turn.

While you could just go for LV 8, you can Summon the Level 4, which can then Summon another LV 6 from the Deck. This means you’ve prepped 2 monsters that can protect your Dragon from almost any threat that’s coming to stop you, which is some nice utility to have.

Labradorite Luster Dragon LV8 (See Diamond Head Dragon for Luster Dragon #3)

WIND - Level 8 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 2900 ATK/2600 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with these effects.

● Once per turn, you can either (Quick Effect): Send 1 Normal or Gemini monster from your Deck to the GY, OR, Special Summon 1 of your banished Wyrm or Gemini monsters.

Wanted to give a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon vibe while also giving itself protection like Bujintei Susanoo. This is your boss monster, but ironically it’s also your playmaker. It however, doesn’t have a GY effect. I’ve considered giving it a self-revival effect by banishing 2 Gemini or Wyrm monsters in your GY but I’m not sure on that yet.

Sheathing Luster in Light

Quick-play - Spell

Send 1 “Dragon LV” monster you control to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Dragon LV” monster from your hand, Deck, or GY with a different name, ignoring its Summoning conditions. While you control a Gemini monster, you can banish this card from your GY: All Gemini monsters are treated as Effect Monsters and gain their effects until the end of the next turn.

Basically, Level Up but better, and adds a bit of support for Horus and Armed Dragon, even synergizing the two together a bit. It also has an effect for Gemini monsters to use, being able to give your Gemini monsters their effects for two turns. This means if you Normal Summon the LV 4 while this card’s GY effect is active, you can go straight into LV 6, and LV 6 will go straight into LV 8. You might think this is broken, but you can literally just use Catalyst field to get out the LV8 immediately.

I'm thinking of adding 1-2 more cards, possibly an alternative LV 4, LV 8, and/or a Trap.If you have any feedback, it would be appreciated, since I can only imagine how much I might've missed with cards like these.

Link for cards that inspired these:

<well, this took longer for me to get to than I thought, but at least I mader it and stuff. Now to your cards.

Luster Dragon LV4

WIND - Level 4 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 1900 ATK/1600 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While you control a Gemini monster, this card is treated as an Effect Monster in the GY. If a Gemini monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card instead. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:

● If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 “Luster Dragon LV6”. You can only use this effect of “Luster Dragon LV 4” once per turn.

Right, first version of this is intristically amazing. You use its Gemini effect to rank up into LV5, and then while that's on the field, use the LV4 in the Graveyard to protect it. And a rather interesting bit of synergy for a Gemini Effect in the GY, which is always welcome since I thought Geminis could have a route towards GY usage with the right wording. You've come as close as I think it may come.

All in all, a rather solid card-though maybe since the GY Gemini Effect is a static thing, it could be connected to the " While you control a Gemini monster, this card is treated as an Effect Monster in the GY." thing that is on this card, with the use of an "also". Something like, treated as an Effect Monster in the GY, also if a Gemini monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect...." et cetera. 

Other than that, this seems like a ladder Gemini, not that that's not a thing-hullo Gemini Soldier-but it feels like it could possibly utilize a more static but evasion-wary effect-so it could function both on its own two feet and as a ladder, rather than immediately laddering into LV5. Like, say if you decide to pump out a Supervise on this guy, it wouldn't get the laddering effect cuz of that being chained to its Summon.

But I digress.

To the next one.

Luster Dragon LV6

WIND - Level 6 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 2400 ATK/2400 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While you control a Gemini monster, this card is treated as an Effect Monster in the GY. When a card or effect is activated that targets a Wyrm Gemini monster you control (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 “Luster Dragon LV” monster from your Deck. It is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. You can only use this effect of “Luster Dragon LV6” once per turn.

Again with the Summon requirement that Supervise, the Gemini line-up's BFF, has no synergy with-but that is not important, what it does itself is important-laddering again into a Luster Dragon LV monster that can gain its effects is big-you can use it to go into another LV6 Luster Dragon through Summoning LV4. And this time, it banishes itself from the GY to give Superheavy Samurai Flute protection to your Wyrm Geminis, here's to more of them in the immediate futures.

Keeps to stats, lore and all the other fixings, so I'm good with it.

Labradorite Luster Dragon LV8 (See Diamond Head Dragon for Luster Dragon #3)

WIND - Level 8 - Wyrm/Gemini/Effect - 2900 ATK/2600 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with these effects. ● Once per turn, you can either (Quick Effect): Send 1 Normal or Gemini monster from your Deck to the GY, OR, Special Summon 1 of your banished Wyrm or Gemini monsters.

Wanted to give a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon vibe while also giving itself protection like Bujintei Susanoo. This is your boss monster, but ironically it’s also your playmaker. It however, doesn’t have a GY effect. I’ve considered giving it a self-revival effect by banishing 2 Gemini or Wyrm monsters in your GY but I’m not sure on that yet.

Curveball! And the reason I included your statement on it being like REDMD was because I tried so hard to crytallize (lol) what this card reminded me of and this cinched it. S'almost like everything Felgrand was SUPPOSED to be-use your in-archetype destruction immunity and negation to a point against your opponent and actually have it back within-archetype to maintain the board you'll likely blow the wad on trying to set up in the first place. And unlike what was wrought by Dragon Knight of Creation, actually make sure the pipeline to all this stuff doesn't. have. wasted. motion.

All in all, the lineup looks really solid if you can pull it off-really, it may just be that a player dedicates themselves to Catalyst Fielding out Labradorite Luster Dragon LV8 and use it to pump out the lesser Luster Geminis into position. It's like its own self-perpetuating Bujin engine, but if it also enabled R6NK  monsters. This is really what I needed to see in this set (extremely Daniel Tosh voice) and for that, we thank  you

o there's a spell too that's niiiiiiiice

Sheathing Luster in Light

Quick-play - Spell

Send 1 “Dragon LV” monster you control to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Dragon LV” monster from your hand, Deck, or GY with a different name. While you control a Gemini monster, you can banish this card from your GY: All Gemini monsters are treated as Effect Monsters and gain their effects until the end of the next turn.

This really helps to ladder them real quick if you wanna go spartan (coughnotCatalystFieldcough) and I like it, but I'm not sure if this will be useful in the initial stage of the Luster Dragon LV, since again, they rely on the Summon to ladder up themselves. May be design, may be not, but in the end, it runs headfirst into the wall of the straightaway dragstrip Luster Dragons wanna ride on unless it's through the OTHER Dragon LV monsters you'd use for this-Horus and Armed-and really, why would you eat the lessers for this.

Especailly true considering Horus LV6, the one evolution in that lineup that matters, is unaffected by the very Spell you'd use on it? Unless it's for cost, that's usually wobbly, but then it runs into problem numero dos of it not letting you get to the 7 or aboves (bar Luster) in the other line since they both need to be upgraded specifically using their other forms. I'm not saying it doesn't help the Luster LV's immenely-especailly when it's Quick-it's just that the labeling on the can (Better than Level Up!) and what's inside....seems off. Maybe it if had "ignore the Summoning conditions" on it it could work, or worked on handing all "Dragon LV" monsters something rather than strictly Geminis....

I'm not too sure how to improve that, other than that it may need improving

Monsters on the whole though, are amazing-get past that first stage and they can hit it off greatly as their own engine.

Keep it up Esh.

Yeah the Bujin engine was the main inspiration. Figured something like that would work well if Gemini monsters could use their effects

Synergy with Catalyst Field was pretty obvious, as well as sometimes Supervise if you can.

Sheathing Luster in Light was ALMOST "ignoring its Summoning conditions" (thought I did that) but apparently, I guess deleted that part for balance reasons?.... even though that probably wouldn't be so bad (I guess it was because of Horus LV 8 because you could chain it to Spells, but tbh that would be pretty awesome. You also only have to run 1 since it's hand, Deck, or GY, and there's Trade-In as synergy with the LV 8.) So yeah that's getting changed because Gemini and LV need more awesome.

Never added any cards. That might change in a bit.... after I get my archetype posted.

Archived