[OCG] Verz Salamandra - Ophion for Dino mirrors?

qDTYkRG.png

Evilswarm Salamandra

Attribute: DARK
Type: Dinosaur/Effect
Level: 4
ATK: 1850
DEF: 950

Up to twice per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; this card gains 300 ATK until the end of your opponent's turn.

Using the OCG tag because TCG is still dominated by Zoodiacs.

Thought about this card because some weeks ago I heard that Verz had some presence in latest tournaments in OCG, most likely to counter Dinosaurs, the dominant force over there, by stopping the Summon of Synchros and True Kings, as well as stopping the ABC Fusion. So... this being a Dinosaur, and thus Summonable by the Dino babies as well as Miscellaneousaurus in a pinch, how about siding it to access Verz Ophion for Dinosaur mirrors? It should prevent the Summon of Kaijus too, limiting the ways for the opposing Dino deck to remove it. As extras, its effect can turn it into an emergency beater while generating banished Dinos for Tyranno Infinity, for whatever that's worth, and IDK, maybe even running some Allure of Darkness could be feasible since Oviraptor is DARK as well.

Needless to say, it wouldn't be main-worthy because of the presence of True Dracos.

Discuss.

I am not sure how this is supposed to stop one's opponent'sgraveyard plays like miscalleno or abc if it can only access the own Graveyard.

Umm, it doesn't. I implied that Ophion is the one preventing the ABC Fusion, but neither Ophion nor this would affect Miscellaneousaurus or the A, B and C monsters.

Theoretical, but I feel like any card combination that would actually let you field Ophion would have to be on your first turn anyways, when you can go into basically anything, would also let you make things better than Ophion anyways

Only advantage Ophion has would be dodging Kaiju, which you can still do frequently do via fielding Dogoran

Also, Ophion's just going to get his face ran in by an Infinity ezpz, it's not really doing much the deck can't already do with different cards, and you're better off putting the dinosaurs into a Laggia and a Dogoran, or even just go for the VFD if that's the kinda sauce you run. There's just frankly better cards to go into instead the cover wider bases without having to run at least 2 of a card that's pretty useless in the hand.

Looking at this I find it funny how this is effective with Tyranno Infinity and Giant Rex where this banishing dino's not only boost this cards ATK but adds to Tyranno Infinity's 1000 ATK multiplying effect and with Giant Rex it can basically allow you to revive Giant Rex by banishing them where you could even Xyz into Laggia or Dolkka.

This card seems kind of a cool tech for Dino's on the banishing side of things.

Archived