[Repost of a Repost of a Post/Written] Pyromania Archetype, the very first of Pyro Fusions/Rescue Rabbit.

Fukato

The Pyromania Archetype that I made a year ago. Time to rework them and give them a refresher!!!!

[spoiler=Monsters]

Pyromania Naz

FIRE Pyro Level 4

1600/200

Effect: If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 Pyro monster with 1000 DEF or less from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Pyromania Naz" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Kalru

FIRE Pyro Level 4

1800/200

Effect: Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can add 1 "Off Fusion" from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 Pyro monster from your hand to the GY. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Yazai

FIRE Pyro Level 3

1200/200

Effect: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target up to 2 Pyro monsters in your GY, except "Pyromania Yazai"; shuffle them into your Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Pyromania Yazai" once per turn.

Pyromania Rasch

FIRE Pyro Level 3

1500/200

Effect: During your Main Phase: You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY, then target 1 Pyro monster in your GY, except "Pyromania Rasch"; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Pyromania Rasch" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Zurakh

FIRE Pyro Level 5

2000/200

Effect: If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. You can shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck, then target 1 Pyro monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of "Pyromania Zurakh" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Ikoh

FIRE Pyro Level 5

1900/200

Effect: If this card is Special Summoned: You can draw 1 card. You can destroy 1 card you control; Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Pyromania Ikoh" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Hyka

FIRE Pyro Level 4

1700/200

Effect: You can destroy this card; return 3 "Pyromania" Fusion Monsters in your GY to your Extra Deck, and if you do, add 1 "Off Fusion" and 1 "Pyromania" monster in your GY to your hand, except "Pyromania Hyka". You can only use this effect of "Pyromania Hyka" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

Pyromania Bhioh

FIRE Pyro Level 5

1900/200

Effect: You can send 1 "Pyromania" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY face-up; shuffle 2 "Pyromania" monsters in your GY into your Deck, and if you do, destroy 1 card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Pyromania Bhioh" once per turn. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster you control.

[spoiler=Spells]

Off Fusion

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 Fusion Monster in your GY; send from your hand or field the Fusion Materials listed on that monster to the GY and Special Summon it. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You cannot Normal Summon monsters during the turn you activate this card. You can only use 1 "Off Fusion" per turn.

Tamed Pyromania Flame

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: You can shuffle 1 "Pyromania" monster in your GY into your Deck, and if you do, you can target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. You can only use each effect of "Tamed Pyromania Flame" once per turn.

Pyromaniac's Flame Seal

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn, if a "Pyromania" Fusion Monster is sent from the Extra Deck to your GY: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate that target's effects. All Pyro-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

The Pyromaniac's Pyro Prison

Field Spell Card

Effect: All Pyro-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Pyro-Type monster you control. If a "Pyromania" monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can send 1 random Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY instead.

[spoiler=Traps]

Flurry of the Pyromania

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Discard 1 card. Target 1 "Pyromania" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. If this card is in your GY, except the turn it was sent there: You can banish this card, then target 1 FIRE monster you control; destroy that target, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to half of the destroyed monster's ATK. You can only use this effect of "Flurry of the Pyromania" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Pyromania Haraq

FIRE Pyro Level 5 Fusion

1900/1700

Effect: 1 "Pyromania" monster + 1 Pyro monster

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles: You can banish 1 Pyro monster from your GY, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to half the banished monster's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

Pyromania Kanoz

FIRE Pyro Level 5 Fusion

2200/1500

Effect: 1 "Pyromania" monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) You can target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 "Off Fusion" and 1 "Pyromania" monster in your GY; add them to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Pyromania Kanoz" once per turn.

Pyromania Shinoz

FIRE Pyro Level 6 Fusion

2500/700

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster in your GY. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 "Pyromania" monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

Pyromania Orikz

FIRE Pyro Level 6 Fusion

2400/500

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If this card is Special Summoned: You can Set 1 "Off Fusion" directly from your Deck. You can send 1 "Pyromania" monster from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Pyromania Orikz" once per turn.

Pyromania Tano

FIRE Pyro Level 7 Fusion

2500/1200

Effect: 1 "Pyromania" monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster + 1 FIRE monster

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated: You can negate the effect, and if you do, destroy it, and if you do that, you can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Pyromania Ureki

FIRE Pyro Level 7 Fusion

2600/400

Effect: 1 "Pyromania" monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster + 1 FIRE monster

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. Must first be Special Summoned by "Off Fusion". While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can send this card and 1 other Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" monsters from your hand or GY. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You can reveal 1 "Pyromania" monster in your hand; banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand. You can only use this effect of "Pyromania Ureki" once per turn.

Now, time to wait for CnC on this reworked archetype.

Edit: Not sure if this dodges the Link format ruling since these are not Summoned from the Extra Deck. Just a thought I had.

Ok, I have to admit it: Pyromania sounds like a land where people love to set things on fire, while laughing maniacally as they watch the flames consuming everything. I like it.

I see those 200 FIRE DEF, it already smells like Rekindling here.

Btw, let's start the review.

Pyromania Naz

If SS, searches a generic Pyro 1000 DEF or less. Gains 100 ATK for each Pyro monster. So that means is a level 4, with searching abilites, that has 1900 basic ATK and could even reach 2500 (if all the zones are occupied by Pyros). Sorry but level 4 monsters can get to 2k only if they're Vanillas with low DEF, or have some kind of negative effect; so I'd make it a 1700 original ATK, just because it would get to 1800 as soon as it enters the Field.

Pyromania Kalru

OPT, during the end of the turn, search an Off Fusion, then discard a Pyro. Gains 100 for each Pyro. The fact that you search it during the EP makes it really balanced, considering the 1900 ATK.

Pyromania Yazai

Raigeki Break. If sent to the GY: shuffle 2 Pyros and draw 1 card. Yeah, I mean, there's the recycling monster that can also pop some cards. Maybe splashable in Pyro decks? Wait, there's already Royal Firestorm Guards. It will give some options. Also, this is the only Main Deck Monster that doesn't boost its ATK.

Pyromania Rasch

OPT, mill the top card, then SS a Pyro from GY with effects negated. Yep, this is an amazing generic Pyro support Archetype. But that's fine, I'd love to see more different Decks played.

Pyromania Zurakh

If SS: MST. You can shuffle 1 card from hand into the Deck, SS a Pyro from the GY. Really hope there will be ways to SS lots of Pyromanias, because this card is amazing.

Pyromania Ikoh

If SS, draw 1 card. You can destroy 1 card you control, SS a Pyromania from the hand. Seems kinda weak if compared to Zurakh. I know drawing is nice, but this one is limited to Pyromanias only, while the rest of the Archetype is generic Pyro support.

Pyromania Hyka

Destroy this card, recycle 3 Fusions and add from GY to hand Off Fusion and a Pyromania. That's a late game monster, isn't it? The recycling effect is nice, but you'll get the Fusion Recycle effect only if you have 3 Fusions to return. Is it easy for this Archetype to fill the GY with Fusions?

Pyromania Bhioh

Send a Fusion from ED to GY, shuffle 2 Pyromanias from GY, and destroy 1 card. Here's how you do it. Ok. But I kinda don't see the point of this card; is it meant to fill the GY or to shuffle monsters? I don't think this Archetype will like losing GY resources just to destroy a card. Btw, as a level 5, it should have a little more ATK.

Off Fusion

Select a Fusion in the GY, Fusion Summon it. You can't Normal Summon this turn. Ok, this dodges Links, as you said. Summoning from GY is different from the Extra Deck, and it's more clear with Pendulum monsters. But so far only one monster can mill Fusion monster...?

Tamed Pyromania Flame

OPT, shuffle a Pyromania from GY and bounce a card. If destroyed, target and destroy a card on the field. As I said, this Archetype focuses on having GY resources in order to do stuff. Is it meant to be paired with That Grass Looks Greener or what?

Pyromaniac's Flame Seal

If a Pyromania Fusion is sent to the GY, negate a card. +100 ATK for Pyros. Mh. Negating a card is kinda nice, but that's all what this card does. You won't run this card for the boost, for the same reason Tenki is used just to search.

The Pyromaniac's Pyro Prison

+100 ATK for each Pyro. Prevents from destruction by milling a random Fusion. I thought milling Fusions was already done with the Fusion monster effects, but this gives appropriate protection. Also, the ATK boost that fits the Archetype and should be the same in Flame Seal.

Flurry of the Pyromania

Discard 1 card, SS a Pyromania from GY. Banish this from GY, destroy a FIRE monster you control, and burn for half of its ATK. Quite useful card, it has a balanced revive ability and a final burn damage to finish the opponent.

Fusion Monsters: They all must be Summoned with Off Fusion, and can be milled with another Fusion while you control no monsters to get 2 Pyromanias from Deck. Ok so, the mechanic of this Archetype is really original and can get away with the Link rules, but this is just broken. I mean, when you start the Duel; or when your opponent finally gets rid of your monster, you can Quick Effect to Summon more monsters (remind also that SS Pyromania monster can draw cards, search and other effects). Even with the OPT clause, I'll keep the Quick Effect, but nerf it to:

While you control no monsters (Quick Effect): you can send this card and 1 other Pyro-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to your GY face-up, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 "Pyromania" Effect monster from your hand or GY.

Maybe it's too much, but consider it's a Quick Effect that doesn't require anything, also since it's in the Extra Deck it has maximum consistency. I could just start the Duel Summoning 2 Pyromanias from the Deck, so that's why I think it's way too overpowered.

Pyromania Kanoz

Scrap Dragon effect. If destroyed by effect, recycle an Off Fusion and a Pyromania. The Fusion Recycle effect is neat, and can easily get rid of some cards. It might even suicide to trigger another Off Fusion.

Pyromania Shinoz

Gains ATK for each Pyro in the GY. When destroys a monster by battle, SS a Pyromania from GY. Focused on battling, that's what a Beatdown Pyro Deck needs. It can even Special Summon another Shinoz if you were somehow able to Off Fusion both of them. Rare, but not inconsistent.

Pyromania Orikz

If Summoned, Set an Off Fusion. You can discard a Pyromania, SS a Pyromania from the Deck. Searches the Fusion spell, but I like that it can't be activated this turn. The Summoning effect is too strong, IMO. It can easily be a +1 if you Summon Ikoh.

Pyromania Tano

Can't be targeted. OPT (Quick Effect), negate a monster effect and destroy one Spell/Trap card. I'd say it's a little bit too overpowered, but since Infinity is a thing and it requires 3 monsters, it might be appropriate. But only if it Summons 1 monster in the generic Fusion Pyromania effect.

Pyromania Ureki

Can't be destroyed. OPT, discard 1 card, banish a random card in your opponent's hand. Compared to Tano, honestly, it looks weak. Maybe it's because of the cost: you can change it to "Reveal 1 "Pyromania" monster in your hand". It should be fair, because you've just used 3 of them to Off Fusion this.

I've never used FIRE Archetypes, just because I don't really like the Red colour (sorry, at least half of the population of the world), but this one has an amazing unique Fusion Summon, and I'd definitely try it out.

I'd just like to point out that those card start being generic Pyro support, then they get more and more specific until they just say "Pyromania" monster. Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but that would split the Archetype in half; for example, if a Pyro Deck would use some of these cards, it can just figure out an engine with 2 Fusions and 3/4 Main Deck Monster (Nez, Yazai...)

Archived