Super Spies Concept

Ultimagamer

This was an idea I came up with, that adds an extension on the abilities of Psy-Frames, but changes it up. Before you say it, yes I am aware of the archetype "Spyral". These are quite different. The concept is stealing resources from your opponent, then clogging up their zones with worthless negs to themselves. Please give feedback, any feedback is beneficial

Super Spies Archetype Concept

Monsters

Super Spy - Double agent

Level 1 - Warrior - Dark

Attack - 0 / Defense - 0

When your opponent activates a spell card, you can reveal this card in your hand, negate the activation, then add that card to your hand, and if you do, set 1 “Sabotage” spell of the same type from your deck to your opponent's field. If you do not, or cannot, send all cards in your hand to the graveyard.

Super Spy - Double Crosser

Level 1 - Warrior - Dark

Attack - 0 / Defense - 0

When your opponent activates a trap card, you can reveal this card in your hand, negate the activation, then set that card to your field, and if you do, set 1 “Sabotage” trap of the same type from your deck to your opponent's field. If you do not, or cannot, send all cards in your hand to the graveyard.

Super Spy - Alluring Mistress

Level 1 - Warrior - Dark

Attack - 0 / Defense - 0

When your opponent activates a monster effect, you can reveal this card in your hand, negate the activation, then special summon that monster to your field in face up or face down position, and if you do, special summon 1 “Sabotage” monster from your deck to your opponent's field in face down defense position. If you do not or cannot, send all cards in your hand and on your field to the graveyard.

Super Spy - Betraying Lover

Level 1 - Warrior - Dark

Attack - 0 / Defense - 0

When your opponent summons a monster, you can activate this effect; reveal 1 card in your hand, tribute 1 card in your hand or on your field that originally belonged to your opponent, then negate that summon, and special summon that card to your field in face up or face down position, then special summon 1 “Sabotage” monster from your deck to your opponent's field in face down defense position. If you do not or cannot, send all cards in your hand and field to the graveyard.

Sabotage Cards

Sabotage - Secret Box

Level 1 - Machine - Dark

Attack - 0 / Defense - 0

Flip - your opponent draws 2 cards. This card cannot be special summoned from the deck, except by the effect of a “Super Spy” card. If this card is destroyed by battle, the monster that destroyed it can make another attack.

Sabotage - Normal S

Spell - Normal

Activate by paying 500 lifepoints. Your opponent draws 1 card

Sabotage - Equip

Spell - Equip

Activate by paying 500 lifepoints. The equipped monster loses 500 attack during each standby phase

Sabotage - Quickplay

Spell - Quickplay

Activate by paying 500 lifepoints. Target one card you control, send it to the graveyard. Its effects cannot be activated for the rest of this turn, and it cannot be moved from the graveyard, whether by banishing, reviving, or adding back to hand.

Sabotage - Continuous S

Spell - Continuous

Activate by paying 500 lifepoints. During each standby phase, your opponent gains 1000 lifepoints

Sabotage - Ritual

Spell - Ritual

Activate by tributing 1 ritual monster in your hand; your opponent can ( optional ) special summon 1 monster from their hand with a level equal to or less than the tributed monster

Sabotage - Normal T

Trap - Normal

Activate by paying 700 lifepoints. Your opponent draws 1 card, and you skip your next draw phase

Sabotage - Continuous T

Trap - Continuous

Activate by paying 700 lifepoints. Monsters you control cannot attack nor change their battle positions

Sabotage - Counter

Trap - Counter

Activate by paying 700 lifepoints. Negate all other of your activated effects in this chain

Spell and Trap Cards

Secret Agent Assigning

Spell - Normal

Add 1 “Super Spy” with 0 attack and 0 defense from your deck to your hand. You do not have to reveal the card added to your hand by this effect.

Super Spy - Initial Enhancing

Spell - Normal

Activate by revealing a “Super Spy” monster or “Sabotage” spell or trap in your hand while you control no cards. Add 1 “Super Spy” spell or trap from your deck to your hand, except “Super Spy - Initial Enhancing”.

Super Spy - Case Rearranging

Spell - Quickplay

Activate by revealing 2 “Sabotage” cards in your hand or from either player's field. Shuffle them into the deck, then draw 3 cards. If your opponent has set cards in their spell and trap zones, you can reveal them. If no “Sabotage” cards are revealed by this effect, send all cards in your hand and field to the graveyard, and skip your next 2 draw phases.

Spy Gotten Gains

Spell - Continuous

During either players turn, when a “Super Spy” monster activates and resolves its effect you can activate and resolve 1 of the following effects.

• draw 1 card

• Gain 1000 lifepoints for each card in your possession that was originally owned by your opponent

Super Spy - Complete Infiltration

Spell - Continuous

The first time this card would leave the field each turn, it does not. If you activate or use a card effect that originally belonged to your opponent, or if a monster that originally belonged to your opponent would leave your field and go to the graveyard. it goes to your graveyard instead of your opponent’s graveyard. If you would activate or use a card effect, or summon a monster using a card originally belonging to your opponent, you may use your opponent’s graveyard, main deck, extra deck and field for that card’s effect or monsters summon.

Super Spy - Inside Sights

Trap - Continuous

Activate during the standby phase by revealing 2 “Super Spy” monsters in your hand with different names. Your opponent must reveal their hand, and keep it revealed until the next standby phase. You must reveal 2 “Super Spy” monsters with different names during each standby phase for this card's effect, or destroy this card and send all spell and trap cards in your hand to the graveyard. Effects of cards sent to the graveyard by this effect cannot be activated for the next 3 turns.

Super Spy - Forced Ordeal

Trap - Counter

Activate when your opponent activates or uses a card effect that would effect a card in your possession. Reveal  2 “Super Spy” monsters with different names in your hand, and if do, negate the activation of that card, add it to your hand, and if you do, set 1 card, monster / spell / trap, to your opponent’s field of the same type. If you cannot do this, banish your hand and your field facedown. You can only activate 1 “Super Spy - Forced Ordeal” per turn.

The first 3 monsters are basically Toadally Awesome's effects splitted three times, with a search of a Sabotage card.

The drawback effect if you can't Set a Sabotage card is, woah, terrifying.

Sabotage cards are basically cards that want to be activated by your opponent. Also, except for the monster (which can be attacked), your opponent can decide to not activate the Sabotage cards. You'll need something to make them trigger, like Bait Doll (even though Bait Doll works only with Traps).

Sabotage - Continuous S can be used in Nurse Burn deck.

Sabotage - Ritual's effect should be "discard 1 Ritual" because there are a few monsters that like to be Tributed (Cyber Angel Idaten), while I don't think there's a Dark World Ritual monster.

Let's start the actual review.

Secret Agent Assigning

Search a Super Spy, don't reveal it. A basic Spell searcher, every Deck needs _something just like this_, and the fact that your opponent won't know which card he can't use is amazing. Cool concept.

If you control no cards: search a Super Spy card. So it can't search assigning. Also, remove the "if you control no cards" OR the "reveal a Super Spy" cost; there's no need to limit a searcher.

I'm not good at OCGrammar, but Spell, Trap, Deck and Set are always capitalized. Instead of "Graveyard" you can use "GY", it's shorter.

Shuffle 2 Sabotage cards from hand or field, draw 3 cards. Look at your opponent Set cards. There's a few problems on this card.

First, drawing 3 cards is too much, just because if you shuffled them from your hand it would be a better Magic Mallet (+0, but shuffles dead cards), but you can do that from the field, so it's a +2, at the end of the day. Make it at least "draw 2 cards".

Second, you can't "reveal" an opponent's Set card, since even if you Set it, you can't know which cards are Set, because if they're Set, your opponent isn't supposed to know them. I might be totally wrong on this, though.

Third, the second effect. It should be a different card; that's why: I'm not sure when it resolves, but I think after the shuffling. If so, you would've shuffled all the Sabotage cards, so your opponent won't have a third card, and you end up losing all cards for 2 turns. Unless you've used 3 Agents, which is kinda unlikely to happen.

Spy Gotten Gains

Quick Effect: when you use a Super Spy, you can  draw 1 card or gain some LP. The "during either player's turn" has changed into "(Quick Effect)". Erm, I'd use the drawing effect, thanks, because gaining Life Points is definitely worse than drawing. Btw, it's a nice card.

Super Spy - Complete Infiltration

Protection from anything OPT. Use your opponent's cards. So if you negate E - Emergency, you can search a HERO and add it to your hand? Wow, this is an AMAZING card. I love this tech. What's the best way to beat a Meta Deck? Playing the same cards! Wow, I want to play this Deck right now.

Reveal 2 "Super Spy" monsters, reveal the opponent's hand. The final part is useless/bad written; if a card is sent to the GY it can't be activated. It should be "Cards with the same name as the cards sent to the GY by this effect cannot be activated for the next 3 turns". This way you prevent the GY effects, if that's what you meant to do. Also, revealing cards is super interesting.

Reveal 2 "Super Spy" monsters, negate a card, add it to your hand, then Sabotage. That's basically a better version of all these agents combined. But if I had 2 monsters in my hand with different names, I should be able to negate/add/Sabotage anyway using the Spy. I don't know, it's strong but could be rewritten, maybe changing the condition to "shuffle 2/3 "Super Spy" monsters from your GY into the Deck.

Sabotage - Ritual's effect should be "discard 1 Ritual" because there are a few monsters that like to be Tributed (Cyber Angel Idaten), while I don't think there's a Dark World Ritual monster.

If you control no cards: search a Super Spy card. So it can't search assigning. Also, remove the "if you control no cards" OR the "reveal a Super Spy" cost; there's no need to limit a searcher.

I'm not good at OCGrammar, but Spell, Trap, Deck and Set are always capitalized. Instead of "Graveyard" you can use "GY", it's shorter.

Shuffle 2 Sabotage cards from hand or field, draw 3 cards. Look at your opponent Set cards. There's a few problems on this card.

First, drawing 3 cards is too much, just because if you shuffled them from your hand it would be a better Magic Mallet (+0, but shuffles dead cards), but you can do that from the field, so it's a +2, at the end of the day. Make it at least "draw 2 cards".

Second, you can't "reveal" an opponent's Set card, since even if you Set it, you can't know which cards are Set, because if they're Set, your opponent isn't supposed to know them. I might be totally wrong on this, though.

Third, the second effect. It should be a different card; that's why: I'm not sure when it resolves, but I think after the shuffling. If so, you would've shuffled all the Sabotage cards, so your opponent won't have a third card, and you end up losing all cards for 2 turns. Unless you've used 3 Agents, which is kinda unlikely to happen.

Reveal 2 "Super Spy" monsters, reveal the opponent's hand. The final part is useless/bad written; if a card is sent to the GY it can't be activated. It should be "Cards with the same name as the cards sent to the GY by this effect cannot be activated for the next 3 turns". This way you prevent the GY effects, if that's what you meant to do. Also, revealing cards is super interesting.

Reveal 2 "Super Spy" monsters, negate a card, add it to your hand, then Sabotage. That's basically a better version of all these agents combined. But if I had 2 monsters in my hand with different names, I should be able to negate/add/Sabotage anyway using the Spy. I don't know, it's strong but could be rewritten, maybe changing the condition to "shuffle 2/3 "Super Spy" monsters from your GY into the Deck.

Sabotage - Ritual: good call on the discard, that would definitely be better 

Initial enhancing: I didn't want the card to be too strong, so I added those restrictions. I could see removing them since the comeback potential is hindered in that regard

Case rearranging: this one, I'll admit, I did make too strong. The intent was moray of greed style unclogging, where if you opened up a bunch of Sabotages you could put them back in the deck to see more cards. the seeing of opponent's cards was meant as a part of the revealing. when you reveal the Sabotage cards you could also reveal your opponent's set cards if they had others. It is un-needed though, so I could change it to something more like this. the draw amount could change, but I wanted the card to not neg in bricking events. 

Spell - Normal 

Activate by revealing 2 "Sabotage" cards in your hand. Shuffle them into the deck then draw 3 cards

inside sights: yeah, I messed that one up a little. I worded it badly. The intent was that you could reveal the two super spies, then have your opponent play with their hand revealed, as long as the card remains on the field, then during the next standby phase reveal 2 again to keep it up. The downside is a little unneeded given the condition of the card. 

Trap - Continuous 

Activate during the standby phase by revealing 2 "Super Spy" monsters in your hand with different names. Your opponent must reveal their hand, and keep it revealed until the end phase. If you do not reveal 2 "Super Spy" monsters during the standby phase, destroy this card. You can only control 1 "Super Spy - Inside Sights"

Forced Ordeal: Shuffling back is a much better idea than revealing. super spies already have a lot of hand negation, and the ability to recycle them and still get their utility would be a great idea. 

Trap - Counter

Activate when your opponent would activate a card that would affect a card in your possession by targeting 2 "Super Spy" monsters in your graveyard with different names. Shuffle those targets into the deck, negate the activation, add that card to your hand, then set 1 "Sabotage" card from your deck to your hand or the same type as that card. You can only activate 1 "Super Spy - Forced Ordeal" per turn

Archived