Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Written] Impossible task of the day: making Arcana Force viable

- - - - - Arcana Force Support Light Fairy

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Members
  • 112 posts
    Last Visit Aug 14 2018 10:20 AM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Recently, while reviewing Eshai's Dice World, I thought that, if you want to play some sort of Deck based on luck, there's an Archetype that tosses a coin each time a monster is Summoned. Unluckily, it is extremely inconsistent and there are only 2 or 3 cards that can really be useful in some ways. So, why not making some support for the old Arcana Force? Let's complete the deck of the Tarots adding the remaining Arcana Forces (+ some cards to boost consistency and to even OTK).

Other Arcanas are anime/OCG only.

Monsters

Spells and Traps

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 421 posts
    Last Visit Jul 29 2018 03:37 PM

*cracks knuckles* Alright, let's get to it!

The Hermit: A very solid start! I'll admit that I was kinda worried until I got to the Tails effect, but the potential drawback of being left with only a 1900 ATK monster and whatever backrow after your Main Phase balances it out, in my opinion. Good stuff.

The Tower: Not a lot to say here IMO. Good mid or late-game surprise miniboss, unless you get the tails effect of course. And even then, you can use it as tribute fodder real quick, or use Hermit's graveyard effect to get rid of it. In another, better archetype, I'd say that the deck milling as a cost miiight be a bit much, but with Arcana Force I think it's alright.

The Sun: Not super great, but definitely not awful either. The summoning condition is neat. My only real complaint is that the tails effect can actually be beneficial sometimes, like with getting enough fodder to summon Tower. But since the heads effect isn't amazingly good, I think I can let that slide.

Arcana Justice: Ooh, swarming! My favorite. Very solid card, especially since it lets you pick the coin toss result.

Arcana Lucky Star: Holy sheet, this thing needs a hard once per turn clause, a "you can only control 1" clause, something. If you open two of these and an Arcana Force monster you can summon right away, you can draw 2 cards. With zero drawback. Arcana Force are pretty bad (though this support bumps them up to "decent" in my book), but they're not that bad. The recycling effect is neat, too.

Judgement of Destiny: Pretty solid counter trap. It can't hit monsters, but being able to tutor Reversal of Fate makes up for that IMO.

Major Arcana Fortune-Telling:very good searcher, with the added benefit of being able to stack your deck a bit later. Between this and Hermit, I think you've all but annihilated Arcana Force's consistency problems.

Arcana Art of Divination: I love this card. Being able to immediately pop out, say, two copies of The World makes me very happy. I would, however, suggest that you add a minimum number of cards that you have to discard for it, because as is, you can use it even if you have nothing in your hand. I am also wary of its interactions with Lucky Star. I really think adding that hard OPT clause to it would help limit its ridiculousness a lot. Overall, a very well-designed card. Good job!

Arcana Occult Secrets: It's alright. Probably would be run more in builds focused on The World, but it's nice for tribute/effect fodder in a regular Arcana Force deck too.

-----

Rating: 9/10, and for the love of god, please make Lucky Star not as ridiculous.

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 112 posts
    Last Visit Aug 14 2018 10:20 AM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Thanks for the review!

Balanced Lucky Star making it work only with Normal and Tribute Summons. So unless you're running Double Summon (which was almost a staple in old Arcana Decks) you'll get a card per turn. A +0 if it doesn't get Twin Twistered next turn (you can still have 2 Lucky Stars, but if you think about it it'll be just a +0 first turn, and a +1/+1 next turn, and they probably won't survive until then).

Now Art of Divination requires discarding at least 2 cards. Getting that -3100 LP to Summon the World is still a big cost, though. But you could Summon the Fool too, and Normal Summon something to use The World's effect, and then attack directly, so both players will have (8000 - 3100=) 4900 LP. Of course, if you get the Heads effect.

The monsters could be buffed a little, but I feel like the other Arcana Force monsters would look way too underpowered.

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users