Icy Bluejay (For All Your Blizzard Bird Bringing Needs)

Black D'Sceptyr

(originally the title was going to make a pun on Vanilla Ice, but....goodness, I mean, that song was ages ago and I'm not hard up on dragging dead horses out to beat on)

icy_bluejay_by_bdsceptyr-dbmq3gv.png

[spoiler=Icy Bluejay: Info]

WATER/Winged Beast Effect Monster/Level 3/1000 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: You can target 1 WATER or WIND monster on the field with a Level: activate 1 of these effects. 

• Special Summon 1 WATER Winged Beast monster from your Deck that is 1 Level higher than that target, then that target gains 1 Level, also it gains 500 ATK. 
• While a WATER Winged Beast monster and that target are face-up on the field, that target cannot activate its effects (even if this card leaves the field). 
If this card is discarded or Tributed: You can Set 1 "Fish" or "Nest" Spell/Trap from your Deck. That Set card can be activated this turn. You can only use each effect of "Icy Bluejay" once per turn.

Or in this card's case, dead fish. 

I do think, however, that outside of Rio Kastle love, this card gives WATER Birds the opening play they've been looking for-in all areas-and effect that Sets Swallow's Nest or GenFish support on a Blizzard Thunderbird or Twin Twisters activation, can Summon its Level 4 compatriots and boost itself-or Sirenorca off of an Aurora Wing and then....well...pain without end ensues.

But for now, just soak in its art.

Not too long tho, it's really cold and you can catch your death of it if you're not careful.

Anyways, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance. 

BDS, signing off.

So summon it, activate its effect, target itself, summon.....Thunderbird? Not bad

But what is the second effect suppose to do? It negates your own card (unless you are up against Speedroids or Mermail) far too situational.

The Swallow nest play is cool, tribute this and search out another nest, and since it's not OPT you can activate it again. Helps keep card advantage. I guess you could also search Needlebug Nest and mill 5 (since you can activate on the turn you set it) and then you might have a good target for Thunderbird to special summon.

An all round nice card that synergizes with the rest of the archetype and gives it some plays.

Archived