Kubura the Cubic Behemoth

TheTrueSaiyan

EfOrXU2.jpg

Water - Psychic/Effect

0/0

If this card is in your Graveyard and you control 1 or more continuous "Cubic" Spell/Traps card: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Cubic" monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, draw 1 card, then you can send 1 continuous "Cubic" Spell/Traps card you control to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card.

I really like cubics but they have a hard time making plays since they have a huge contradiction in design: You want to run lots of Cubics so that you can summon Nova, but only Duja and Karma do anything to help you get him out (or really do anything but sit in your hand) so you don't want to run a lot of dead cards.

So I built this card as a Fluffal Wings of sorts for Cubics, here's how it should works:

1. have Duja and Karma in hand
  2. Normal Duja, mill Kubara
  3. activate Karma, Mill 3 Vijam
  4. Banish Kubara and a Vijam, draw, send Karma to grave, draw
  5. Activate karma, search Nova

The deck badly needs draw power for all the dead cards it has to run and I think this would be a fun way to give it some

Because of the theme behind Cubics (being based on Hinduism), what did you intend to base this off of? 

But yeah, Cubics do have the problem of relying HEAVILY on Vijam / Duja to access bosses. This at least gives them another option to remove dead support cards and get field presence, while providing some Tribute fodder. Card should be good support for them, since from test runs, I agree on them needing ways to stop bricking hard because lack of Cubic monsters to get them going; especially for the Level 3-4s that require more.

(Though, I do think they require more non-Nomi members to get going in light of this.)

As for lore, I just followed the link on the wiki for their lore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_directions) and chose the first name I saw that sounded like a monster's name. Very little thought I'm ashamed to admit. (looks like he's associated with wealth which works well with the draw effect)

I agree they need some more non-Nomi monsters so this card can be special summoned with Emergency teleport so you can still normal summon Duja and this then summon one of the Nomi monsters. Cubic monsters have random typings from fairies to machines anyways.

Thanks for the review

Archived