Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Create-A-Pokémon Game

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,715 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:50 AM

I had the idea of the blanket Pokemon in my head since you posted the prompt, and I just finished with establishing it:

Cozyquilt

Next:

A Pokemon with an ability that activates one of the underused field-based moves that last 4+ turns when it is switched in. For example, Mud Sport, Water Sport, Wonder Room, Magic Room, Gravity. Avoid Trick Room, Sticky Web, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Tailwind, the Terrains.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,540 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:41 AM
Finchakram
Steel/Flying
2'2"
40 lbs.
Playful (While a "Sport" move is active, this Pokémon and its allies regain HP equal to half the damage they took from attacks at the end of the turn. [This counts recoil from moves they used, chip damage from Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, or the Rocky Helmet, but damage from weather, status effects, entry hazards, and things like the Life Orb or danaging Abilities not triggered by contact are exempted] "Sport" moves gain +1 priority, and the maximum number of turns they can last is doubled.)
100/80/100/80/100/40

Hello, Mr. Wall. Are you enjoying yourself?

In doubles, pairing it with Drainulex from the previous page makes for scarily good HP recovery suited best for a lower tier, but that can occasionally surprise an unprepared opponent. Note that, with Fire-Type moves having their effectiveness cut in half with Water Sport and Electric-Type moves being dampened by Mud Sport, having both up results in, at best, neutral damage from all non-STAB sources, and quite a few noteworthy pairings for doubles play.

With dual 80s in both attacking stats, it's not likely to be atracking much, but please note the new Flying-Type Gust Sport, a relatively weak (15 BP) binding move that dampens Rock-Type moves and continuously dispels entry hazards while active. It lasts a maximum of 3 turns normally, but that becomes up to 6 turns of no Stealth Rocks, Spikes, or the like if used by this little bird.

Make a Pokémon with an ability that benefits from multi-turn moves (Fly, Dig, Bounce, Solar Beam, etc.)
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

Posted Image

October's AGM Deck Challenge:
Anime cards and archetypes!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,715 posts

Huh, the request was basically make a Terrain Surge/Drizzle for any of those moves, instead you went for a gimmick. I don't get why a Flying type Sport would weaken the Rock type when thematically the Sport moves work the other way around: they weaken the Type they are effective against. Not to mention the rest of the effects. It may as well its own type of move instead of a Sport move.

Anyway:

Burrocrax

Next:

A Pokemon that introduces a field or hazard move, or an ability that activates said move, that involves weight, with the intention of making things like Light Metal, Autonomize and Float Stone or, Heavy Metal and Iron Ball, more relevant.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,540 posts
I was just thinking of it from a highly literal standpoint. Playing in water will make it harder for you to be hurt by fire, playing down in the mud will make you less likely to get struck by lightning and insulate you, but playing with wind is likely going to have a bit more in the way of consequences. Also, I was caught between it dampening Rock or Grass moves; I suppose Grass would probably be more thematically appropriate.

Stegosten
Rock/Steel
6'10"
2,345 lbs.
Sturdy / Solid Rock (Iron Barbs)
100/95/130/30/90/70

Your standard wall at first glance, with a decent physical attack to get some solid damage in. What's the big deal?

The big deal, my friends, is a moonfe that you can't exactly call a signature move (all of its breeding partners can get it if you do breed this thing with them), but it can claim to be the only Pokémon to learn it by level-up: Collossal Room, which gives the heaviest Pokémon out +1 priority and a Leftovers heal at the end of every turn, and gives the lightest Pokémon out -1 priority, for 3-5 turns. That means that, if this thing uses it, it's probably going to be frequently going first, and it doesn't even need to hold its own Leftovers if you would rather it have something different (although slapping one on recovers 1/8 of your maximum HP each turn, which is utterly sickening)!

Generally, chip damage isn't going to work, and you're going to need to send in a nuclear-level Fighting or Ground pick with the biggest STAB move you can slap on it, that can survive whatever this thing throws at it, to break this wall before it just slaps its way through a team with Iron Head.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Make an evolution for a Gen 1/2 Pokémon that has just consistently struggled outside its debut game (or even in it).
Noteworthy candidates include Farfetch'd, Seaking, Jynx, Sunflora, and Magcargo.
I'm also on DeviantART

Posted Image

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,715 posts
Ledymach

Next:

A Pokemon based on a mushroom. Keep in mind that Paras, Shroomish, Foongus and Morelull lines are already things, to try to base the Pokemon on a different mushroom species than theirs.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,540 posts
Mycenicle
Ice/Poison
1'4"
18 lbs.
Eternal Spores (If the opposing Pokémon is frozen, poisoned, asleep, or under the effects of a residual damage move, any super-effective damage this Pokémon takes is not very effective, instead.)
105/10/105/75/110/120

When the best your enemies can do is neutral damage, and they're probably under the effects of Leech Seed or Spore, even a wall with a terrible typing can beat your enemies; it's even equipped to deal with both dragons and fairies!

Yeah, this monstrosity's basic strategy is to outspeed anything (possibly with Tailwind support in doubles, but good luck walling anything there), quickly spread status, and then sit parked for the rest of the match. Ideally, the status you spread is gonna be sleep or poison, but the decent Special Attack makes using a move like Blizzard an option, in case you want to use this thing on a Hail team. You're also probably carrying Leech Seed, to make it even harder to take down . . . but those four particular moves do not a moveset make. In fact, one important thing was left out in that rundown: a trapping, damaging move, like Fire Spin or Sand Tomb, will guarantee that no matter what items or Abilities your foe has, Mycenicle is taking down at least one foe. It doesn't have access to either of those, but with an Ice-type equivalent in Driving Snow, you can utterly humiliate a Garchomp or Salamence by chipping it to death and using a Leech Seed/Leftovers combo to be constantly shaking off damage.

However, all Steel-Type attackers like Metagross and Bisharp basically just shut down a Mycenicle by being completely able to out-wall it due to resisting both its STABs, and dealing consistent damage with even neutral effectiveness.

Dex entry:
Alone or in small groups, Mycenicle are completely harmless, if admittedly uncomfortable with new people or Pokémon. However, in large groups, their extreme xenophobia has led to them turning, then freezing the rudders of large passenger ships near their cold homes. While just trying to send the boats away, they often by complete accident send these ships straight in the direction of Jellicent waters.

They're based on a mix of the genus mycena, which is pudgy bioluminescent mushrooms, algae blooms, and ice floes . . . creating this eerie greenish mushroom hat sitting on a little five-legged "body" made of clear ice. When it faints in battle, it gets tipped over and you can see the creepy eyes and mouth on the underside.

Make a two-headed snake Pokémon (this is a rare phenomenon that actually occurs in nature, but I'm really curious that you could do with the idea).
I'm also on DeviantART

Posted Image

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,715 posts
Scorchcobra

May need some movepool adjustments but that's its general concept.

Next:

Has Ghost as its secondary typing.

No new abilities. That is, it can only have currently in-game/existing abilities. However, you can adapt them with a different name or theme. For instance, an ability analogous to Schooling but renamed to fit a bug or bird Pokemon.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,715 posts

I will unclog my own prompt:

Gravegravel

Next:

a pure-Flying Type Pokemon

Tornadus already set the precedence of a pure-Flying Pokemon, and I'm curious to see someone's take on this Type when it's on its own.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users