Can you add more types of cards and hybrids

EmeraldKingDS

Question

Can you add link monsters. I know pendulum is harder since there are so many types and you have to make it half and half. But link monsters are not hard and you do not have to program much for the defense. Just make it so you can put more characters so they can write "Link" followed by the number. Also, I think it would be cool to mix card frames. So you could make it half trap and half spell. Or half trap and half monster. Or half normal monster and half effect. Or half synchro and half fusion. This way you would never need to add pendulums since you just have to mix monster with spells. Al it would take would be to code the pendulum effect instead of the entire card. Plenty of monsters that can be placed as spells or traps or traps that become monsters exist. To be able to see that without looking at the text would be great. The possibilities are endless if you an mix any number of them instead of just 2. Also it would be pretty fun to make a field spell that is also a quick play or a counter trap that is also a continuous trap. Adding these functions will keep you as the number 1 rated yugioh card making site in America for a long time. With the hybrid function you could make a pendulum trap instead of a pendulum monster. Or even recreate the anime Z-arc or create a spin-off where it is every type of monster except normal, spirit, and Gemini up until Vrains. Just fix the coloring of cards and the site will be almost perfect. Maybe also add ways to use multiple monster attributes too (or make your own). You do not have to do any of this. This is only a suggestion.  

2 answers to this question

We can't do anything with the cardmaker. Er, well, super mods can. But they don't want to risk breaking one of the very few things on this site that actually still functions more or less how it's supposed to, as I heard it. Get TCGEditor if you want to make Pendulums and honestly just cards in general. It's better than the site's cardmaker. There should be a format somewhere for Links, which I'm sure somebody else will drop in here before long, or maybe TCGEditor has them now I don't know I haven't checked that thing in a long while.

tl/dr: No, we can't add Pendulums and Links to the cardmaker, but we have alternative methods to make them. The rest of the stuff you're suggesting, I have no comment on, short of it won't happen unless YCMaker shows up and goes "That's not a bad idea tbh" which involves actually checking his own site... so I'll actually sell you my kidney if it happens.

I may need to rewrite Aix's "FAQ thread" eventually...

But as Yui already mentioned, we cannot add Pendulums or Links to the cardmaker at this time. TCGEditor can cover Pendulums, while Links are available as certain templates for GIMP or Photoshop. Here's the one I made for GIMP: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361417-link-monster-template-v12/ (I need to update it though). Photoshop ones can be found on dA under Grezar or something.

We know they need to be added, and we have been getting on YCMaker's case since 2014 about Pendulums, but for all intents and purposes, consider him dead and not updating the cardmaker at any time within the foreseeable future. We would like to have them; that much, we know, but unless you want the cardmaker out of commission due to an accidental coding error, yeah. 

===

As for the other stuff, you can just do that with the aforementioned templates (and again, even if it were possible, still requires YCMaker to actually get over here and fix sheet). 

===

Bottom-line to any new members, please don't ask why we aren't getting Pendulums/Links or whatever new summon mechanic, etc (or why cardmaker is not updated). Anything pertaining to that requires YCMaker to fix it, and he's legitimately dead (inactive). 

Going to lock this.

Archived