Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

An Archetype that makes your opponent draw cards? What?! (Custom Archetype: Attriwitch)

- - - - -

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sebi Evalon

Sebi Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry

• Advanced Members
  • 528 posts
    Last Visit Jun 15 2018 12:15 PM
  • Spouse:Angelic Ally and ur mom

This just sorta... happened. I was bored and couldn't think of anything to do, so I made these pretty gals. As the title says, these little girlys posess the power to make your opponent draw cards, allowing you to use great effects. So far I have all the monsters in the Archetype, a few Spells for them, and no Traps. So, without further ado, the Attriwitches!

Monsters

Extra Deck

Spell/Trap cards

So anyway, there you have it! I hope someone will review these, and if someone really likes them, will upload them onto Duel Portal. I can't do that myself, but if you want to, you already have my permission.

EDIT: I am aware that the last card is a little broken on this thread. I do not know how to make it back into the spoiler. I have tried everything I know, and it doesn't work. Sorry for the inconvenience. But, If you just open the Spells/Traps spoiler, then the last spells picture will be matche up with the text under the spoiler, which is at least correct placement.

"Purgatory is a sad place anyway..."

My Archetypes:

The Users I look up to as a Mentor:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,213 posts
    Last Visit 13 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

I fixed the spoiler thing; not sure what your issue was in the first place, but yeah. 

I'll make a note on Attribute Gathering; you really need to put some form of hard OPT on it, because most Decks in practice nowadays are usually mono-Attribute, so this results in a lot of searching. You noted it was broken, and that is not what you should be doing in Custom Cards. Granted, it does convince the opponent (to some extent) not to search like mad, but then again, card itself enables multiple spam. Early game, this is a major issue. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

(From 2017)

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Sebi Evalon

Sebi Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 528 posts

Oh. I thought it already had OPT clause on it. I'll fix it if it doesn't. In the meantime, is there anything else you want to say about these?

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 843 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

*Bit confused on why multi-attribute card isn't referencing Doriado

Anyway there's a couple problems I'd like to address:

• Other than the Synchro, they aren't really an archetype. The cards can be teched in about every Deck out there, since Attribute is a way better version of Transmodify, and Chain Draw is broken AF if you go first, potentially drawing you up to 6 cards. 
  • The Spells are broken. ^^^^
  • You seem to focus on cards with the same Attribute, but wouldn't it be better for the archetype to fetch Archetype specific monsters with different Attributes? Rather than fetching essentially the same card as you destroyed, you get accessed to the ones you didn't already have while simultaneously making the cards more balanced.
  • If you're going to give your opponent cards, you better have a card to negate hand traps. It would also be beneficial to have more bounce effects, and some more extreme cases of your opponent drawing cards. Cup of Ace seems like a card you would use in a Deck like this, so I would look into that for power level references.
  • This is a mill Deck essentially but more like Hearthstone milling. Maybe you could have a Field Spell that negates your opponent's hand traps while you control an Attriwitch, and have it discard/banish cards from their hand at the end of your turn if they have more than the card limit, since otherwise, they would use all of the cards that they drew on their turn. This would make much more sense in the context that you're trying to mill your opponent, which could be accompanied by effects that benefit from your opponent's hand size.
  • I hate to say it, but Trickstars would probably exploit the hell out of this. Reincarnation could become ban worthy if you can get them to draw enough, and that 1 Trickstar that damages your opponent when they draw cards would get some use as techs in the Deck. I would consider that in future balancing.
  • The Synchro is broken (+4 will always be +4). In fact Tempest is also really powerful, but doesn't make the effects of the cards more consistent. I would focus more on your opponent drawing cards than effects that activate depending on the cards in your opponent's hand, since otherwise, the Deck won't be consistent enough to work in meta (as counterintuitive as having your opponent draw more cards sounds)

Overall, make the cards more archetype specific, focus more on consistent ways to make your opponent draw cards, add more bouncing effects, and add a Field Spell that makes them discard/banish the cards outside of their hand size limit on your turn so you can stop them from simply running you over with 10-20 cards.

Duelist Port Royal (link here): Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.

Sebi Evalon

Sebi Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 528 posts

I might make a field spell that only allows each player to have a maximum of 10 cards in their hand. I see what you mean by making them less generic, more archetypal, but I was purposefully making them a generic engine. I guess I could make them a tad bit more Archetypal, but I don't want to mess with the way they work. Like I had said earlier, I don't have any Traps yet, the traps would probably deal with the lack of bouncing effects, and would also give the opponent more cards in the process. I just don't have them finished yet. But thank you for the feedback!

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

Darj

Darj

One with the wind

• Senior Members
  • 6,982 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:40 AM

Yeah, the Spells are insane and by being splashable in pretty much every mono-Attribute decks they can lead to crazy plays. Chain Draw is nasty because I could Set it and my entire hand before ending my turn, then during the opponent's Draw Phase activate it and refill my hand...

On the other hand, the monsters are underwhelming except for the WATER, WIND and the Synchro. Really, I wouldn't bother with the card-drawing effects of the witches and focus on stun or stunning whatever I can with the WATER and WIND one, then Summon the Synchro whenever possible to clear the opponent's monsters and swarm. One has to keep in mind that the opponent most likely will react by keeping his/her hand card count as low as possible to counter-play the archetype, though.

IMO you really need to rework them to go with the "benefit from the opponent drawing cards" concept. Eshai's suggestions are fine, but still, I would rather not give the opponent too much advantage or otherwise it will backfire badly with all the resources you give him/her.

It occurs to me be that they could give the opponent draws, but lock the drawn cards somehow so they become more or less dead cards that clog the opponent's hand and hand size limit.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Sebi Evalon

Sebi Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 528 posts

Interesting playstyle you got there Darj. You could be onto something. I am going to take all of these into consideration and work to maje this a better archetype.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users