Calamity Emissary

Sleepy

Calamity Emissary

DARK Level 4 [Warrior/Effect] 1800/0

If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target any number of monsters in your GY with effects that activate when they inflict battle damage to your opponent (min.1 ); apply those effects of those targets in any order. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target any number of monsters in your GY with effects that activate when they destroy a monster by battle (min. 1); apply those effects of those targets in any order.

[spoiler=I'll keep older wording here]

If it inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target any monster(s) from your GY whose effect activates when they inflict battle damage to your opponent; activate that effect(s). If it destroys a monster by battle: You can target any monster(s) from your GY whose effect applies when they destroy a monster by battle; apply that effect(s) as this card's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The idea is that a punch of this card REALLY wrecks havoc.

-Dark Scorpion Chick the Yellow (bounce any card)

-Cliff the Trap Remover/ Amazoness Sage. (Destroy Spell/Trap Cards)

-Don Zaloog/ Spirit Reaper/ White Magical Hat/ Toon Gemini Elf. (Discard)

-Masked Chopper/ KA-2 Des Scissors/ Needle Burrower/ Elemental HERO Flame Wingman/ Etc. (Burn)

-Airknight Parshath/ Masked Sorcerer (and Toon)/ (Draw)

-Dark Magician of Chaos, Lesser Fiend, D.D. Crazy Beast (Banish the destroyed monster)

-Predaplant Moray Nepenthes/ Sword Hunter/ Heroic Champion War Hammer. (Equip the destroyed monster)

-Goyo Guardian (all Goyos), Brain Crusher/ Red Moon Baby. (control the destroyed monster)

It does not copy damage step/calculation, battle step, etc effects like Catastor, Grandmole, Hyperhammer Head, etc. because different timings making it a pain and possibly too long, though I'd probably do it if I found the way xD

So, if the monster both destroys a monster by battle and inflicts battle damage, you get to trigger both effects and consequently all sorts of effects depending on what's in your GY? That's insane, but of course would require a bunch of milling support to get those monsters in the GY first, and IDK how competitively feasible would that be, even with Lawnmowing around.

Found as a funny coincidence that you post this card right now when a couple of hours ago I was looking at Arch-Parshath, whose searching effect is activable thought this card's effect.

I find surpirsing you went for EARTH when calamities can be more associated with DARK. DARK would also let it blend a bit more with Dark Scorpions, who most have battle-related effects; at the very least it would enable plays with Ties of the Brethren and Armageddon Knight, although Ties' drawback wouldn't go well with this card's effects.

This card would be best friends with Moon Mirror Shield xD

So, if the monster both destroys a monster by battle and inflicts battle damage, you get to trigger both effects and consequently all sorts of effects depending on what's in your GY? That's insane, but of course would require a bunch of milling support to get those monsters in the GY first, and IDK how competitively feasible would that be, even with Lawnmowing around.

Found as a funny coincidence that you post this card right now when a couple of hours ago I was looking at Arch-Parshath, whose searching effect is activable thought this card's effect.

I find surpirsing you went for EARTH when calamities can be more associated with DARK. DARK would also let it blend a bit more with Dark Scorpions, who most have battle-related effects; at the very least it would enable plays with Ties of the Brethren and Armageddon Knight, although Ties' drawback wouldn't go well with this card's effects.

This card would be best friends with Moon Mirror Shield xD

That's a good idea. I was actually gonna make it a god of war and a LIGHT, but then opted for something like this, something that involved the lore of chaos but not the support for the actual Yugioh Chaos variants. It actually is hard to pinpoint the best attribute for it because half the Attributes have a ton of good stuff. Armageddon Knight sounds pretty sweet though.

Yeah the effect stacks as many effects as possible, and both effects can apply. Even multiple copies of the same "battle damage" target that you target in your GY (i.e 3x Don Zaloog) can all apply together.

Wow, you're really working with an idea that has no precedent! All at once, I feel like the effect could get too crazy, but at the same time I realize that getting the card to such a point would require quite a bit of effort and set-up, at which point the result would just be hilarious.

As for the wording, I feel like it needs to be made -just- a bit more specific in how it works to remove what would bring quite a few ruling questions (along with a touch-up or two in specifics :P). Such as this:

If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target any number of monsters in your GY with effects that activate when they inflict battle damage to your opponent (min.1 ); apply those effects of those targets in any order. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target any number of monsters in your GY with effects that activate when they destroy a monster by battle (min. 1); apply those effects of those targets in any order.

I would say "clean-up"; but I effectively made the effect text longer Xd. Overall, though, this should make the card much easier to understand in how it works; just makes it a bit more user-friendly.

Wow, you're really working with an idea that has no precedent! All at once, I feel like the effect could get too crazy, but at the same time I realize that getting the card to such a point would require quite a bit of effort and set-up, at which point the result would just be hilarious.

As for the wording, I feel like it needs to be made -just- a bit more specific in how it works to remove what would bring quite a few ruling questions (along with a touch-up or two in specifics :P). Such as this:

I would say "clean-up"; but I effectively made the effect text longer Xd. Overall, though, this should make the card much easier to understand in how it works; just makes it a bit more user-friendly.

Thank you n.n

Though, some bits there feel a little unnecessary. Mainly, the "(min. 1)" bits. That is usually implemented when something involves the entirety of an area (i.e. "shuffle your hand into the deck"). This card targets so it is odd. Not targeting minimum 1 is akin to not using the effect, I think?

Also, when a card refers to its targets as "targets" instead of something like "them/it" at resolution, it usually implies a difference in rules. You see, now that it says "the effects of those targets in any order", it means that messing with just 1 of those targets will mess with the whole effect. Kind of how Icarus Attack can be stopped if 1 of the targets leaves the chain before Icarus can destroy both.... unless that ruling has changed/disappeared nowadays. Or maybe that is your suggestion?

Other than that, it doesn't seem THAT long so don't worry xD

Thank you n.n

Though, some bits there feel a little unnecessary. Mainly, the "(min. 1)" bits. That is usually implemented when something involves the entirety of an area (i.e. "shuffle your hand into the deck"). This card targets so it is odd. Not targeting minimum 1 is akin to not using the effect, I think?

Also, when a card refers to its targets as "targets" instead of something like "them/it" at resolution, it usually implies a difference in rules. You see, now that it says "the effects of those targets in any order", it means that messing with just 1 of those targets will mess with the whole effect. Kind of how Icarus Attack can be stopped if 1 of the targets leaves the chain before Icarus can destroy both.... unless that ruling has changed/disappeared nowadays. Or maybe that is your suggestion?

Other than that, it doesn't seem THAT long so don't worry xD

Well, it's hard to find wording for targeting any number of cards in the grave, so I went off of how Amulet Dragon did it, which has the min. 1 ruling.

Also, I mean, interesting that you bring up Icarus Attack because its wording says "destroy them" instead of "destroy those targets" :P. Using "those targets" was me going off of the Darklord effect wording kind of. I had to do quite a bit of stitching to make things look as official as possible.

Well, it's hard to find wording for targeting any number of cards in the grave, so I went off of how Amulet Dragon did it, which has the min. 1 ruling.

Also, I mean, interesting that you bring up Icarus Attack because its wording says "destroy them" instead of "destroy those targets" :P. Using "those targets" was me going off of the Darklord effect wording kind of. I had to do quite a bit of stitching to make things look as official as possible.

=0 !

Oh, so there is a precedent to that wording.

And Icarus does? xD I am getting old lol......  I might be mixing up the ruling....

Ok, I'm convinced.

Archived