Plagued Archetype Concept

Ultimagamer

This is an idea that I have that makes the power of Viruses consistent and manageable together. The effects of monsters can manipulate their attack and defense values to create easy to make virus conditions. Most likely I will create searchers, a boss, and new viruses if you guys like this 

Plagued Highwayman

Dark / Warrior / Level 4 / ? attack ? defense

This card’s original attack and defense are always 0. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 “Virus” card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. For the rest of this turn, this card’s attack or defense becomes that value. If this card is Tributed for a “Virus” card’s effect, you can add 1 level 4 or lower “Plagued” monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Plagued Highwayman” once per turn.

Please tell me what you think, and if I should continue and modify cards like these

i thing we have something genuine interesting here

so it can change its stat to be equal any stat that mention in a card text ala Dark Magician support eh? real creative and i think it can be explore more...sadly, given the context of its utility as Virus Trap instant enabler i do have concern that it could be to much (although its hilariously amusing that this card is potentially a Level 4 with 2500 ATK by revealing EEV or even better ). fortunately...which i don't know if its intentional or not. your effect is basically only effective if you have 2 copies of the same Virus card since its effect only last until end phase (1 in your hand to change stat, 1 ready to tribute that monster after it change stat).

other than that, being a searcher is nice an all but unfortunately to slow since it require to be virus fodder first. you can replace the ? stat with 0 to streamline the effect since i don't see the necessity of the first part of the stat effect (monster that can't fulfill the condition for ? stat by the game rule is become 0 on the field anyway)

so personally it can goes like this:

Once per turn. you can reveal a "Virus" card that list an ATK and/or DEF in its text, Change this card ATK and/or DEF equal to that listed ATK and/or DEF (Respectively). If this car is Tribute to activate a "Virus" card: add 1 Level 4 or lower "Plagued" monster from your Deck to your hand.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

well in the generic non-virus stand point. how does this type of card interact with card that has more than one Stat like Stronghold of the Moving Fortress?

i thing we have something genuine interesting here

so it can change its stat to be equal any stat that mention in a card text ala Dark Magician support eh? real creative and i think it can be explore more...sadly, given the context of its utility as Virus Trap instant enabler i do have concern that it could be to much (although its hilariously amusing that this card is potentially a Level 4 with 2500 ATK by revealing EED or even better ). fortunately...which i don't know if its intentional or not. your effect is basically only effective if you require 2 copies of Virus card since its effect only last until end phase (1 in your hand to change stat, 1 ready to tribute that monster after it change stat).

other than that, being a searcher is nice an all but unfortunately to slow since it require to be virus fodder first. you can replace the ? stat with 0 to streamline the effect since i don't see the necessity of the first part of the stat effect (monster that can't fulfill the condition for ? stat by the game rule is become 0 on the field anyway)

so personally it can goes like this:

Once per turn. you can reveal a "Virus" card that list an ATK and/or DEF in its text, Change this card ATK and/or DEF equal to that listed ATK and/or DEF (Respectively). If this car is Tribute to activate a "Virus" card: add 1 Level 4 or lower "Plagued" monster from your Deck to your hand.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

well in the generic non-virus stand point. how does this type of card interact with card that has more than one Stat like Stronghold of the Moving Fortress?

I'm glad you agree! I think this will be pretty interesting. 

I am intending to give harder to summon monsters and effects that will enable the ability to activate Virus cards from the hand ( OPT ) which was why I kept it at, until the end of the turn, but if its too powerful it could be changed

cards like fortress probably won't be a big factor in the cards since I'm intending to list exact attack and defense amounts on cards

maybe not a harder to summon a monster. after brief thinking about it the ATK gain probably not as scary as i thought at first. in fact since this card at the very base is a real weak 0/0 that require you to search the Viruses first to be reveal (which making your opponent ready to countermeasure) i think we can try to either let that stat change as it is or maybe switch from 0 to a not so weak stat but obviously not on the tribute requirement to make the effect redundant

cards like fortress probably won't be a big factor in the cards since I'm intending to list exact attack and defense amounts on cards

well if you say so

the possibilities mate~

maybe not a harder to summon a monster. after brief thinking about it the ATK gain probably not as scary as i thought at first. in fact since this card at the very base is a real weak 0/0 that require you to search the Viruses first to be reveal (which making your opponent ready to countermeasure) i think we can try to either let that stat change as it is or maybe switch from 0 to a not so weak stat but obviously not on the tribute requirement to make the effect redundant

So far, what I've created for the archetype is that every card will have the ability to reveal to change stats, along with an effect when tributed. I want the utility to remain in being able to cripple the opponent's monster with viruses then step over with a boss. I think you might find the cards I've created to far to be interesting 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366604-plagued-archetype-monsters-concepts-part-2/

Archived