Anti Felgrand cards (Written)

Spyre of the Wolves

I made these specifically to counter Felgrands and the like, because I'm rather sick and tired of my brother's dragons' annoyance.

Monsters:

Drnaglef, Arkslayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

1600/0

During the Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY; when your opponent activates an effect; you can banish this card from your GY, and if you do, negate that effect and destroy that monster.

Evarbkra, Blue Slayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

1300/0

When your opponent activates a monster effect that Special Summon a monster from the GY, You can Tribute this card; negate the effect and destroy that monster.

Reyn, Red Slayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

2000/0

When your opponent activates a monster effect that Special Summon a monster, you can discard this card; negate the effect and destroy that monster.

Enivid, Slayer of Great Dragons

Lv. 8, Warrior

3000/0

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you have at least 4 Warrior-Type monsters in your GY. When this card is Summoned, Target 1 Dragon-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field or their GY; this card gains Attack Points equal to the current Attack Points of that target.

Spell:

Fall of the Great Dragons

Normal

If you have 2 or more Warrior-Type monsters in your GY, you can target 1 Dragon-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field; destroy it.

Trap:

Taming of the Great Dragons

Continuous

If you have 3 or more Warrior-Type monsters in your GY you can Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type monster from your GY, then equip 1 Dragon-Type monster in your opponent's GY to the Special Summoned monster. That monster gains ATK points equal to the equipped monster's Level x100. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.

So yeah. Screw Felgrands (as good an archetype as they are.)

You know that there are far worse things than Felgrand (which, by the way, is a SERIES and not explicitly supported); hell, Rulers are dead, Blue/Red-Eyes are in limbo and that's about it for Dragons. 

But moving on.

I made these specifically to counter Felgrands and the like, because I'm rather sick and tired of my brother's dragons' annoyance.

Monsters:

Drnaglef, Arkslayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

1600/0

During the Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY; when your opponent activates an monster effect; you can banish this card from your GY, and if you do, negate that effect and destroy that monster.

I will assume that it just negates monster effects, but then again, we already have Breakthrough Skill for this; albeit temporary negation and isn't killing something; also will not trigger Stardust. Then again, most revival effects on monsters nowadays don't revive during the Standby Phase, so...not going to work.

Evarbkra, Blue Slayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

1300/0

When your opponent activates a monster effect that Special Summon a monster from the GY, You can Tribute this card; negate the effect and destroy that monster.

So cya REDMD and nearly most forms of Special Summoning nowadays. OK, it's not like we have stuff like Aurora Paragon or w/e it's called. But seriously, you have a real hate for Graveyard SSing. 

Reyn, Red Slayer of Dragons

Lv. 4, Warrior

2000/0

When your opponent activates a monster effect that Special Summon a monster, you can discard this card; negate the effect and destroy that monster.

Haru Urara / Ash Blossom exists for a reason, though this also deals with hand or GY summoning. I also need to note the high ATK for this type of card; anything above 1900 ATK for a Level 4 generally has a negative effect. This doesn't, and also lack of OPT. You need to add one and lower this card's stats accordingly. 

Enivid, Slayer of Great Dragons

Lv. 8, Warrior

3000/0

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you have at least 4 Warrior-Type monsters in your GY. When this card is Summoned, Target 1 Dragon-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field or their GY; this card gains Attack Points equal to the current Attack Points of that target.

Summoning conditions seem far too generic for my liking; at least considering common Warrior decks. But then again, unless you actually fight a Dragon deck, this card's boost effect is useless and is still vulnerable to every form of removal.

Spell:

Fall of the Great Dragons

Normal

If you have 2 or more Warrior-Type monsters in your GY, you can target 1 Dragon-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field; destroy it.

Literally only anti-Dragon fodder, and even then, most Warrior decks nowadays have a way to deal with Dragons (and other stuff). As mentioned above, this card is useless if opponent does not run Dragons. 

Trap:

Taming of the Great Dragons

Continuous

If you have 3 or more Warrior-Type monsters in your GY you can Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type monster from your GY, then equip 1 Dragon-Type monster in your opponent's GY to the Special Summoned monster. That monster gains ATK points equal to the equipped monster's Level x100. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.

See previous card about why anti-Dragon hate isn't going to get you far nowadays. Revival is fine, but unless you equip a Red/Blue-Eyes Main Deck or something (yes, Felgrand Dragon exists but you have far worse problems than him), that's all you get outside of removing a problem monster. Xyz and Link Dragons exist and you probably know well enough by now that they don't count.

So yeah. Screw Felgrands (as good an archetype as they are.)

I'll be brief.

Specific hate against a particular Type will only end up killing you against other Decks; especially ones that are far more dangerous than Felgrand. A few Archetypes/series are a pain in the ass to deal with (repeat after me, Felgrand is a series), but they can be beaten. It does not require you having to make anti-Dragon cards to beat them. 

It is true that Dragons are one of the most supported Types in this game, but outside maybe the first three cards (the amount of fixes needed varies among them); rest of this set does little to nothing against other Decks.

Archived