The edgiest Link Monster so far (Plague Wingman)

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5325602 please support them when you can

heIpvlW.jpg

Plague Wingman
DARK Warrior Link Effect Monster
Link Arrows: Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right
ATK 2800/LINK-4
2+ monsters, each with different words in their names
Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Special Summoned to any zones this card points to on either field (except during the Damage Step): You can activate this effect; for the rest of this turn, send from the field to the GY, all monsters on the field with the same word(s) in their names as that monster(s). If this Extra Linked card that is co-linked with 2 or more Link Monsters, each with different words in their names than this card, this card and those monsters are unaffected by activated monster effects on the field or in any GY with the same word(s) in their names as other monsters on the field and GY. There can only be 1 "Plague Wingman" on the field.

Life is death, living on the edge of strife, being an edgelord for life, emos, goths none with souls black enough to escape the daily pain that is my darkened life. EGDY, EDGE whatever.

[spoiler=my notes]
​Yeah this card is so edgy and goth and emo and... its actually very good at both anti-archetype playing and Extra Link strategies (because its scary to me and thus edgy). Its Link Materials are a first for the game; you have to use 2 or more monsters with ENTIRELY different names meaning you can't use monsters in the same Archetype with different names for that Link Summon (because its EDGY). Its effect is completely dependent on a monster being Special Summoned to a zone it points to so you can selectively nuke all monsters on the field with the same word(s) in their names, that would be a huge problem for mirror matches or just any Deck that heavily relies on at most 2 Archetypes. On top of all that, if this card is in an Extra Link with 2 or more other Link Monsters and they all have completely different names from each other, this card and those other co-linked monsters become unaffected by ACTIVATED monster effects on the field and in the GY from monsters with the same word(s) in their names as other monsters on the field and GY, which means you can go in with no fear against most of your opponent's monsters as they might not have an answer to you.

I saw this card's artwork, thought at first to make it related to the OG card Sky Scout (who was known as Harpie's Brother back in the day), then I thought "I already have enough Winged Beast support so forget that", then I thought "wouldn't it be great to have a Link Monster you could an entire Deck around that could cause serious harm to most Decks in the meta". Afterwards, I designed this card with the above artwork, and I named it after both Elemental HERO Flame Wingman and Shining Flare Wingman just because I thought it would make it sound edgy yet nostalgic.

Hope you like this card, please leave comments, and thanks.

[spoiler Mini Rant]

As an actual Goth, I am disappointed to see the subculture sink down to this low of being disrespected as a meme. This is not Goth. Goth stands for something, lives on as a culture, and should not be taken with such blatant disrespect and laughability. Bela Lugosi rolled in his grave as this was posted. Go listen to some Bauhaus and Joy Division while you are reading this, it would do you some good

That aside, I am quite fascinated at the concept that this card is aiming for. This card is definitely one that has a lot of strange merit to it that would require its own Deck to make work. I keep trying to find ways to break this or make a usable Deck with it, and so far I haven't come up with anything other then a kinda sort of Dino variant that would be better off just playing Dinos. However, as an alternative to Borreload if you can pull it off, it is pretty bemusing to at least think about trying to pull off. As hinted earlier, Dinos are the meta Deck most capable of pulling this off, with Lost World being a good case for it, but making Laggia/Dolkka and summoning Conductor Tyranno ends up being more worth it because they don't require a condition to pull off their effects, just a cost. In this predicament of a lack of a real Deck to use this in, I end up finding myself rather underwhelmed, but at the same time rather fascinated at what this card has the potential to do. It can knock out entire archetypes for a turn, but it also be easily dodged if not properly set up. Perhaps it might be too strong in the sense that when pulled off it has some insane repercussions, but at the same time it ends up being so costly and hard to set up that it isn't exactly worth it when you have the ability to summon it. A classic case of either too strong or not enough, as fascinating and as interesting as this card's idea really holds.

[spoiler Mini Rant]

As an actual Goth, I am disappointed to see the subculture sink down to this low of being disrespected as a meme. This is not Goth. Goth stands for something, lives on as a culture, and should not be taken with such blatant disrespect and laughability. Bela Lugosi rolled in his grave as this was posted. Go listen to some Bauhaus and Joy Division while you are reading this, it would do you some good

That aside, I am quite fascinated at the concept that this card is aiming for. This card is definitely one that has a lot of strange merit to it that would require its own Deck to make work. I keep trying to find ways to break this or make a usable Deck with it, and so far I haven't come up with anything other then a kinda sort of Dino variant that would be better off just playing Dinos. However, as an alternative to Borreload if you can pull it off, it is pretty bemusing to at least think about trying to pull off. As hinted earlier, Dinos are the meta Deck most capable of pulling this off, with Lost World being a good case for it, but making Laggia/Dolkka and summoning Conductor Tyranno ends up being more worth it because they don't require a condition to pull off their effects, just a cost. In this predicament of a lack of a real Deck to use this in, I end up finding myself rather underwhelmed, but at the same time rather fascinated at what this card has the potential to do. It can knock out entire archetypes for a turn, but it also be easily dodged if not properly set up. Perhaps it might be too strong in the sense that when pulled off it has some insane repercussions, but at the same time it ends up being so costly and hard to set up that it isn't exactly worth it when you have the ability to summon it. A classic case of either too strong or not enough, as fascinating and as interesting as this card's idea really holds.

to be honest, I thought about this card and it is without a doubt, best suited for mirror matches as both players will be playing nearly the same cards and its condition limits only 1 on the entire field, so first come first serve and whoever owns it gains a drastic advantage over their opponent

[spoiler Mini Rant]

Sorry about being disrespectful to you, I just saw this artwork and honestly thought of the Goth Kids from South Park (they're some of my favorite characters of any series I've ever watched), again sorry about that.

As for this card and a cheat-sheet to Summon it quickly, any Deck that quickly get 4 or more generic monsters that have effects that Special Summon themselves mixed in with some Nomis and Semi-Nomis, maybe a Token or too can take full advantage of this card in a Deck, that does mean you would have to look up every single monster that can Special Summon itself under any circumstance and some in general Nomis/Semi-Nomis, possibly even a few Spells and Traps that Special Summon monsters, except for monsters of a type, attribute, or archetype.

Archived