[Legend Duelist 2] Weevil Cards

news_data_201709140304-6_tgdoLsNqjCP8DaD

Ultimately Mutated Insect Queen

Earth Insect / Special Summon / Effect

LV7 2800/2400

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by a card effect.

(1) If there is another Insect monster on the field, Insect monsters you control cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, an opponent's card effect.

(2) At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked: You can Tribute 1 monster; this card can make another attack on an opponent's monster. 

(3) During the End Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Insect Token" (Insect/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100).

Parasite Paranoid

Earth Insect / Effect

LV2 500/300

You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.

(1) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster; equip this card from your hand to that target. Its Type becomes Insect, it cannot attack Insect monsters, and negate all of its activated effects that target Insect monsters. 

(2) If this Equip Card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Insect monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Super Cocoon of Evolution

Spell Quick-Play

You can only use this card name's (2) effect once per turn.

(1) Tribute 1 Insect monster either player controls that is equipped with an Equip Card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Insect monster from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

(2) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Insect monster in your GY; shuffle it into the Deck, then, draw 1 card.

Lovely too. An Insect-specialized sort of Rainbow Kuriboh that comboes with the new Cocoon and instantly becomes Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth and an evolved form of Insect Queen. Weevil would be having a field day with this.

Of course, odds are there are other insects that one would use, unless Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth also gets a retrain.

Yeah, that indirect support for the Great Moths is such a funny nod.

Not really impressed by the boss monster; pretty sure it shouldn't be that difficult to break through, and its Summon clause doesn't help. It's good for the big damage, though.

I find the Parasite rather lackluster, too. A bit too passive and more of a combo piece since you have to get it removed while it is an Equip, and you should have your big Insect already on hand. Maybe if it Summoned also from the grave. I noticed that it's Level 2 EARTH, that may offer some synergy with the latest Insects, Crawlers, but IDK.

The Quick Play is my favorite. Even if you don't have Insect Equip gimmicks, Insects can still run it for the deck thinning/draw power. Milling it with Foolish Burial of Belongings may be of use.

Still, overall solid support, like the other 3 Legacy sets. Really wish Konami made more cards like this when releasing sets and archetypes, instead of deliberately unwieldy stuff as it has been the case for some archetypes.

Yeah, that indirect support for the Great Moths is such a funny nod.

Not really impressed by the boss monster; pretty sure it shouldn't be that difficult to break through, and its Summon clause doesn't help. It's good for the big damage, though.

I find the Parasite rather lackluster, too. A bit too passive and more of a combo piece since you have to get it removed while it is an Equip, and you should have your big Insect already on hand. Maybe if it Summoned also from the grave. I noticed that it's Level 2 EARTH, that may offer some synergy with the latest Insects, Crawlers, but IDK.

The Quick Play is my favorite. Even if you don't have Insect Equip gimmicks, Insects can still run it for the deck thinning/draw power. Milling it with Foolish Burial of Belongings may be of use.

Still, overall solid support, like the other 3 Legacy sets. Really wish Konami made more cards like this when releasing sets and archetypes, instead of deliberately unwieldy stuff as it has been the case for some archetypes.

The part where you search out your Insect boss is not a problem, you just gotta search off of Resonance Insect.

Then on top of the Token, one can get help off of Level Eater so long as it isn't also banned in the TCG.

On the equip subject, maybe one can put in the engine of the Bamboo Swords since they float into their Pot of Greed... though it lacks a little bit of something.

I almost suggested Brain Crusher, but 2400 ATK is still not quite there, and Goyo effects are probably unable to touch Links...

I wanna see Weevil's Orichalcos cards (Poison Butterfly and that green dragonfly-looking thing), a Great Moth retrain, and a Parasite retrain, and if this is some sort of starter deck thing, I'd buy it xD

Ultimately Mutated Insect Queen: Lackluster. Sure, arguably more potent than the original Insect Queen, but still very vulnerable.

Parasite Paranoid: Now this one I like. Sure, it doesn't affect as many monsters as Parasite Paracide, but it's certainly faster.

Super Cocoon of Evolution: I like how much more you can Summon with this one (the aforementioned Great Moths), but the fact they have to be equipped is off-putting to me.

Super Cocoon of Evolution seems really good for Inzektor as well in some ways, as you can easily recycle your monsters, though of course its suppose to work for Insect Queen here. Its fun to see Insect actually get some support. Feels good man.

Close, but the big thing is that it makes sure you find Dfly.

Hornet's a little bit easier to find by virtue of not needing to hit any specific area, but dfly can definitely use the support.

IT also gives you the option of searching into Retaliating "C", though that play is fairly easy to read, as it requires ending with an equipped Inzektor + set card. Still, punishing as funk it if works, and lets you search Maxx "C"/lolparsiteparanoid if it dies.

I just realized Ultimate Insect Queen can also be summoned by Ninjitsu Art of Transformation. I'm going to try out Ninja Kaiju again with this. Only problem is I really dislike the art. I just don't like the red and blue colour scheme.

But...the original had a red and blue color scheme, too.

BbIcdWM.png

Or do you prefer the more faded appearance of the original?

I am not sure, at the very least she is an OTK tool, considering she can attack directly multiple times after the other monsters have attacked, so it is mostly an assault armor she has.

no she can only declare the extra attacks on monsters. Read the card again

Archived