[OCG] Jack knights & World Legacy

news_data_201709140410_BefI9qHERUb2l8FAd

EXFO-JP047 Seikon no Jack Knights / Jack Knights of the World Remains
Link 3 LIGHT Cyberse Effect Monster
ATK 3000
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom, Bottom Right
Materials: 2+ Jack Knights monsters
You can only use the 3) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
1) While there are no cards in the same column as this card, it can attack directly.
2) While this card in the extra monster zone is not pointing to a card, it cannot be destroyed by effects or targeted by opponent’s card effects.
3) You can send 1 card you control in the same column as this card to the graveyard; special summon 1 “Jack Knights” card from your deck in face-up defense position.

Note: Seikon reads as “Star Mark/Remains” but sounds like “Soul/Energy.”

news_data_201709140411-20_2pibgFcfAnktwT

[spoiler= Real thicc effects]
EXFO-JP014 蒼穹の機界騎士 Soukyuu no Jack Knights (Jack Knight of the Blue Sky)
Level 5 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK/2000
DEF/2500
This card’s name can only be summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn, and this card’s name’s (2)nd effect can only be used once per turn.
(1) If a column has 2 or more cards in it, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to that column.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add from your Deck to your hand “Jack Knight” cards with different names, except “Jack Knight of the Blue Sky” equal to the number of your opponent’s cards in the same column as this card.

EXFO-JP015 翠嵐の機界騎士 Suiran no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Green Heights)
Level 6 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 1600
This card can only be Special Summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn.
(1) If a column has 2 or more cards in it, you can special summon this card (from your hand) to that column.
(2) When this card declares an attack on an opponent’s monster in the same column as it: You can target 1 “Jackknight” monster in your Graveyard; add that monster to your hand.

Note: This card’s name means to feel as if one is being engulfed in a lush green mountainous atmosphere. It literally means Green Storm.

EXFO-JP016 燈影の機界騎士 Touei no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Flickering Flame)
ATK 800
DEF 3000
(1) If a column has 2 or more cards in it, you can special summon this card (from your hand) to that column.
(2) If this card that’s in the same column as an opponent’s card leaves the field or is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your hand.

EXFO-JP017 黄華の機界騎士 Ouka no Jack knight (Jack Knight of the Yellow Bloom)
Level 7 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK 2200
DEF 2800

This card’s name can only be Special Summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn.
(2) Banish 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card in the same column as this card; destroy that card.

EXFO-JP018 紅蓮の機界騎士 Guren no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Crimson Lotus)
ATK 2300
DEF 2600

This card’s name can only be Special Summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn.
(2) You can banish 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster in the same column as this card; destroy that monster.

EXFO-JP020 紫宵の機界騎士 Shishou no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Purple Dusk)
Level 8 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2000

This card’s name can only be Special Summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn, and this card’s (2)nd effect can only be used once per turn.
(2) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Jack Knight” monster you control; banish that monster until your next Standby Phase, then add 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Jack Knight of the Purple Dusk”.

EXFO-JP056 星遺物が刻む傷痕 Sei Ibutsu ga Kizamu Kizuato (Scars Caused by the World Legacy)
Field Spell Card

1) All “Jack Knight” monsters on the field gain 300 ATK and DEF.
(2) Once per turn: You can discard 1 “Jack Knight” monster or 1 “World Legacy” card; draw 1 card.
(3) You can banish 8 “Jack Knight” monsters with different names from your GY and/or face-up from your field; send all cards in your opponent’s hand and Extra Deck to the GY.

EXFO-JP057 星遺物へ至る鍵 Sei Ibutsu he Itaru Kagi (Key to the World Legacy)
Continuous Spell Card

(1) When this card is activated: You can target 1 of your banished “Jack Knight” monsters or “World Legacy” cards; add that card to the hand.
(2) If you control a “Jack Knight”, the activated effects of your opponent’s Trap Card in the same column as that monster are negated.

EXFO-JP071 星遺物の囁き Sei Ibutsu no Sasayaki (Whispers of the World Legacy)
Continuous Trap Card

(1) When this card is activated: You can target 1 Level 6 or higher monster on the field; that monster gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the end of the turn.
(2) If you control a “Jack Knight” monster, the activated effects of your opponent’s Spell Cards in the same column as that monster are negated.

EXFO-JP072 星遺物に眠る深層 Sei Ibutsu ni Nemuru Shinsou (The True Depths Sleeping Inside The World Legacy)
Continuous Trap Card

(1) When this card is activated: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster. When this card leave the field, destroy that monster.
(2) If you control a “Jack Knight” monster, the activated effects of monsters your opponent controls in the same column as that monster are negated.

Effects will added gradually

Sauce:https://ygorganization.com/aliewithinalieturnsitselfinsideout/ > https://ygorganization.com/aliewithinalieturnsitselfinsideout/ > http://yu-gi-oh.jp/news_2017091404.php

Wow wow, this got me excited!

More World Legacy stuff, and the artworks imply really intriguing events. Did World Chalices found an ally tribe (archetype)? Then they join to fight the Crawlers? Then is that the Fairy Lee who turned evil? Or perhaps she was evil all along and deceived the Chalices? Plot twist!

Lore stuff aside, that Link monster looks so damn good. 3000 base ATK, really tough Majespecter-type protection, and archetype searcher. Really solid stuff on the get go.

The Link may be Cyberse, but really wishing the maindeck monsters are Machine, although World Legacies are already Machines so there would be Type redundancy among the storyline archetypes...

Why are you making threads with cards without effects?

Well apart of the *canceled* Translation challange for YCM Community interactivity. the effects will gradually translated by org as we speak. is not rare for thread to have only pic first in this section my Babymon Boy~

Wow wow, this got me excited!

More World Legacy stuff, and the artworks imply really intriguing events. Did World Chalices found an ally tribe (archetype)? Then they join to fight the Crawlers? Then is that the Fairy Lee who turned evil? Or perhaps she was evil all along and deceived the Chalices? Plot twist!

Lore stuff aside, that Link monster looks so damn good. 3000 base ATK, really tough Majespecter-type protection, and archetype searcher. Really solid stuff on the get go.

The Link may be Cyberse, but really wishing the maindeck monsters are Machine, although World Legacies are already Machines so there would be Type redundancy among the storyline archetypes...

They are psychic monsters actually. Also some cards have been translated.

EXFO-JP014 蒼穹の機界騎士 Soukyuu no Jack Knights (Jack Knight of the Blue Sky)
Level 5 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK/2000
DEF/2500
This card’s name can only be summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn, and this card’s name’s (2)nd effect can only be used once per turn.
(1) If a column has 2 or more cards in it, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to that column.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add from your Deck to your hand “Jack Knight” cards with different names, except “Jack Knight of the Blue Sky” equal to the number of your opponent’s cards in the same column as this card.

EXFO-JP015 翠嵐の機界騎士 Suiran no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Green Heights)
ATK 2100
DEF 1600
(2) When this card declares an attack on an opponent’s monster in the same column as it: You can target 1 “Jackknight” monster in your Graveyard; add that monster to your hand.

Note: This card’s name means to feel as if one is being engulfed in a lush green mountainous atmosphere. It literally means Green Storm.

EXFO-JP016 燈影の機界騎士 Touei no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Flickering Flame)
ATK 800
DEF 3000
(2) If this card that’s in the same column as an opponent’s card leaves the field or is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your hand.

(I know, they sound depressing af)

Consider adding them to the main topic

Yeah, they have been added to the YGOrg post, and just found they are Psychics.

Was already expecting build-in summoning conditions for them to be played more smoothly despite their high Levels.

Seems they punish the opponent for keeping cards on the board. Cannot but compare them with Magibullets, but it is not the same playstyle. At least you can get 1 monster in your EM Zone and 1 in S/T Zone of that same column to set up a Summon by yourself, without relying on the opponent. But still, they may be a bit unwieldy without enough Spell/Traps to play or Set to make their self-summon effects live.

I suspect some Zone-switching support and disruption is incoming, to mess with the opponent's board arrangements while making their effects more live.

more effs

EXFO-JP017 黄華の機界騎士 Ouka no Jack knight (Jack Knight of the Yellow Bloom)
ATK 2200
DEF 2800
(2) Banish 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card in the same column as this card; destroy that card.

EXFO-JP018 紅蓮の機界騎士 Guren no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Crimson Lotus)
ATK 2300
DEF 2600
(2) You can banish 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster in the same column as this card; destroy that monster.

EXFO-JP020 紫宵の機界騎士 Shishou no Jack Knight (Jack Knight of the Purple Dusk)
Level 8 LIGHT Psychic Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2000
This card’s name can only be Special Summoned by its (1)st effect once per turn, and this card’s (2)nd effect can only be used once per turn.
(2) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Jack Knight” monster you control; banish that monster until your next Standby Phase, then add 1 “Jack Knight” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Jack Knight of the Purple Dusk”.

EXFO-JP056 星遺物が刻む傷痕 Sei Ibutsu ga Kizamu Kizuato (Scars Caused by the World Legacy)
Field Spell Card
(1) “Jack Knight” monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF>
(2) Once per turn: You can discard 1 “Jack Knight” monster or “World Legacy” card; draw 1 card.
(3) You can banish 6 different “Jack Knight” monsters from your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field; send all cards in your opponent’s hand and in their Extra Deck to the Graveyard.

EXFO-JP057 星遺物へ至る鍵 Sei Ibutsu he Itaru Kagi (Key to the World Legacy)
Continuous Spell Card
(1) When this card is activated: You can target 1 of your banished “Jack Knight” monsters or “World Legacy” cards; add that card to the hand.
(2) If you control a “Jack Knight”, the activated effects of your opponent’s Trap Card in the same column as that monster are negated.

Damn, that second effect of the Field Spell. Wouldn't be surprised if it leads to turbo builds that get the 6 Jack Knights in the grave on first turn for the pseudo FTK. Heck, if there is this deck that can set that up from the Deskbot Field Spell's mass spin effect, which requires 9 Deskbots cards, 6 cards should make it much easier.

Glad to see the World Legacy Spell/Traps follow the theme of having some degree of generic use, or support World Legacy cards.

They are still missing their World Legacy honorary member.

That's probs what card 019 is

Yeah, I don't doubt they will get it, but it's the card I look forward to the most from every World Legacy storyline archetype. Can't wait to see what Konami is planning with the World Legacy cards, or if they are planning anything at all.

EDIT:

Whoops, quoted the wrong comment. Fixed.

To be fair, they are still missing the World Legacy monster, and non-Field archetype support World Legacy Spell/Trap (e.g. World Legacy Heart and Puppet), if any, which could very well be their key cards.

Yeah, I don't doubt they will get it, but it's the card I look forward to the most from every World Legacy storyline archetype. Can't wait to see what Konami is planning with the World Legacy cards, or if they are planning anything at all.

They're probs planing something big/elaborate given they're adding more to the World Legacy world with each set.

They're probs planing something big/elaborate given they're adding more to the World Legacy world with each set.

I hope they do, rather than just letting "World Legacy" cards include "World Legacy" cards in their support and at the same time taking a generic/splashable approach just for the sake of it.

I was hyped like this by the Zefras once, only to be disappointed by the lackluster effects of most of the monsters.

Am I the only one who feels like Konami has wanted to do column based things for a while? Anyway, seems like they really are making World Chalice into a semi-Zefra style Archetype, while they are right now not really useful together all that much (at least on surface level, some overlap here and there), they are sure to get some kind of Super Archetype down the road. As for these cards, I personally like them, funk YES I got my wish on high Level Link Archetype (sort of), they have a simple, but powerful Summoning mechanic for being Level 5 and higher monsters, should not underestimate pulling out so many monsters as once potentially. I love the Link Monster encouraging the opponent to place in the same column as the Extra Monster Zone, which can be dangerous for various reasons, so you have to know whether the opponent is able to pull out this Link Monster right away or not. Their Spell/Traps locking down specific kinds of effects is pretty neat too, monster effect one will of course work best for the Extra Monster Zone since they could just dodge them otherwise, though I guess they want you to have a full row of Spell/Trap. Overall, World Chalice and Crawler are neat, but this is my favorite original Archetype we have gotten thus far.

You are not the only one. With Magibullets, Weatheries, the column Counter and now these, it's more than clear by now that they are pushing for column-based cards and archetypes. And the Zefra-ish cross-archetype approach with World Legacies was evident since the Crawler World Legacy monster was revealed coupled with the flavor text of Chosen by the World Chalice.

Anyway, here I am thinking if there is any Psychic support cards you can play with these, but the more notable ones involve Low Level monsters, like E-Tele and the Soul Charge for Level2 or lower Psychics...

Would "Mind over Matter" be any good? xD Psychic Feel Zone could work if you manage to effectively tech a Psychic Tuner that can be easily banished.

One thing I don't fully understand is the name. I thought it was another nod at playing cards at first, though doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. Their visual style (which is quite pretty btw) reminds me of Constellar and Tellarknights a bit, all seem to have a shooting star in the background, so that may be relevant, though their names don't refer to stars or constellations in any way from what I can tell, seem to have to do with nature and colors? I don't know, wish I understood what they are going for, because that's the only thing I don't like, the name.

I hope they do, rather than just letting "World Legacy" cards include "World Legacy" cards in their support and at the same time taking a generic/splashable approach just for the sake of it.

I was hyped like this by the Zefras once, only to be disappointed by the lacklustre effects of most of the monsters.

Yeah, hopefully what they end up doing with the World Legacy cards don't end up lacklustre like the Zefras were.

Yeah, hopefully what they end up doing with the World Legacy cards don't end up lacklustre like the Zefras were.

Zefra are not lackluster, they are just misunderstood! Who am I kidding, they are lackluster D:

On another note, noticed that the Link Monster says "2+", which makes me wonder if there is another Link Monster coming.

One thing I don't fully understand is the name. I thought it was another nod at playing cards at first, though doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. Their visual style (which is quite pretty btw) reminds me of Constellar and Tellarknights a bit, all seem to have a shooting star in the background, so that may be relevant, though their names don't refer to stars or constellations in any way from what I can tell, seem to have to do with nature and colors? I don't know, wish I understood what they are going for, because that's the only thing I don't like, the name.

Yeah, I find the archetype name out of place, too. I can only guess that it's just a placeholder translation from YGOrg, and that they have a different name that makes more sense with their artworks, etc. They have done translations like this before, like when called Star Chalices (the OCG name of World Chalice) as Star Grail, and Invokeds as Eidolons.

You are not the only one. With Magibullets, Weatheries, the column Counter and now these, it's more than clear by now that they are pushing for column-based cards and archetypes. And the Zefra-ish cross-archetype approach with World Legacies was evident since the Crawler World Legacy monster was revealed coupled with the flavor text of Chosen by the World Chalice.

Anyway, here I am thinking if there is any Psychic support cards you can play with these, but the more notable ones involve Low Level monsters, like E-Tele and the Soul Charge for Level2 or lower Psychics...

Would "Mind over Matter" be any good? xD Psychic Feel Zone could work if you manage to effectively tech a Psychic Tuner that can be easily banished.

Mind over Matter, I'm suprised it hasn't been teched in more Decks before, specifically Kozmos. S'not like they have issues with getting stuff back from the GYs. But I think it can have use here. Psychic Tuner that can be easily banished, tho? I'm thinking Ghost Ogre, with a work-in with Vermillion Dragon Mech. Bit unwieldy but it gets stuff done.

For Psychic Tech, I'm looking towards old stuff like Bright Future and Psychic Trigger (to setup for to setup/recover for Keys/True Depths and draw into more Jacknights) Brain Hazard, maybe Teleport since the Jacknights are at a slight impasse due to needing cards in columns to Summon-heck, maybe you just want to bring it to a column with 1 card in it without having to wait for Flickering Flame.

Real longshot is Cleric and Wizard to bring back in the Jacknights in the GY.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing how the plays with this Deck work in actuality. Sure Lithium's chomping at the bit for that.

Also HOLY SWEET WHALE CARCASS LEE'S BEEN CORRUPTED I AM SCREAM

Think their TCG name might be Mekk-Knights, I remember Crowned by the World Chalice / Star-Grail Bearing Priestess mentioned these guys in her lore, like how Beckoned mentioned the Crawlers in his.

on a mostly unrelated note, I feel I should mention Zefraath is such an overwhelmingly powerful card that it made zefra pretty funking strong. Not meta, but definitely not underwhelming.

As for these... They are cool as funk. Not good enough to steal my heart away from magibullet, mind you, but I am still a huge fan of these. The art on the boss is absolutely insane imo, and the other arts are pretty good as well. The overall mechanic of the archetype feels a bit awkward, as they require the opponent to have cards on board to actually field their monsters easily. I can see a case for this archetype appreciating things like brilliant fusion, or maybe even bamboo swords, so as to be able to fill backrow to get them online.

Arguably the biggest issue is that, while the maindeck monsters want a full field to get their summoning conditions online and keep their somewhat-costly effects going, the boss requires at least 3 empty main monster zones to operate at its full potential, as well as an empty S/T if you want to attack directly (and this isn't even taking the opponent's field into account).

Another thing I noticed is the inclusion of 3 level 7 monsters, and 2 of them seem very good to me, with the third being decent. This could give the deck access to Galaxy Tomahawk, and though the in-archetype boss requires Jack Knights, Tomahawk easily gives enough value to combo into fields including Firewall Dragon and the like.

I really like the design of this archetype. It's been a while since we had a solely mid-to-high Level archetype, and they appear to build on the concepts brought forth by Magibullets and Weatheries regarding card placement and using the playing field we've taken for granted for decades to their advantage.

The boss monster is suitably powerful for such an archetype, especially in how tricky they are to get out. He helps the archetype not rely on the opponent so much to bring out monsters, but at the price of disabling his protection, though that can be remedied due to his Special Summon effect.

I also love how the Continuous support cards get in on the action by blanketing the field in effect lockdown, while also supporting both Jack Knight and World Legacy cards. Hopefully, their World Legacy monster will be just as supportive to their strategy of card placement and banishing themselves.

The monsters, while not much in terms of offense outside of their boss, are great at using their variety of effects to either get more of themselves out or strike at the opponent in various ways, all to build towards decimating the opponent's capability to use their hand or their Extra Deck. Dueling this deck will feel like a race against the clock to try and fight these guys off before they can cripple your ability to Summon anything and wipe out your hand.

However, dueling this deck will be pretty obvious, as the Summon conditions of the Main Deck monsters will telegraph what archetype you are up against, since the Jack Knight player will be doing everything they can to line up their backrow to match what you have as to maximize the number of Jack Knights they can get out.

If this deck goes meta, and that's quite the if, I expect players might start distributing their cards across the board as to not trigger the Jack Knight summoning condition so easily.
That's my $0.02 on this.

Archived