Let's retrain Mammoth Graveyard (Mammoth Rejuvenated)

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4102938 please support them when you can

iEoA1lS.jpg
If this card is destroyed by your card effect: You can send 1 Level 4 or lower Dinosaur monster from your Deck to the GY, then add 1 Dinosaur monster from your Deck to your hand. If you sent a Normal Monster to the GY to activate this effect, immediately after it resolves, send 1 more Level 4 or lower Dinosaur monster from your hand or field to the GY and draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Mammoth Rejuvenated" once per turn.

​So I heard Konami doesn't like Dinosaurs anymore, well they can also hate me to for not giving up on them. As you might have guessed, this card is a retrain of the classic Yugi card Mammoth Graveyard, but focused on a modern Dinosaur build and specifically to fill the spaces left by the OCG putting Babycerasaurus and Souleating Oviraptor at 1 each. This card does its best to combine the effects of Babycerasaurus and Souleating Oviraptor in a way that makes the entire modern Dinosaur Deck competitive, if it is destroyed by your card effect, you can then send 1 Level 4 or lower Dinosaur from the Deck to the GY so you can add any Dinosaur from the Deck to your hand, and if you just so happened to send a Normal Monster to the GY to activate this (like, um, I don't know, maybe... MAMMOTH GRAVEYARD), you can then send another Level 4 or lower Dinosaur from the hand or field to the GY to draw 1 card. You already know how to use this card the best way possible after reading its effect; with its effect an including itself if its destroyed (1), then ditch a Dinosaur Normal Monster (2), add Ultimate Conductor Tyranno to your hand, but because of that Normal Monster from before now you can send another Level 4 or lower Dinosaur from your hand or field to the GY (3) then draw 1 card. After all of that you have an easy way to get Ultimate Conductor Tyranno to field, and maybe if you play things right you can Normal Summon a Tyranno Infinity with 3000 ATK at a minimum.

Reminder that TCG still has Dinos unnerfed at 3 each for stuff, and unless your name is Winter, it is unlikely OCG's playstyle will be your design concern in this section. So...unless you specify that you want it graded under OCG, reviews will be on the TCG's banlist for the most part. But enough of that...

(Note that I did not actually read your design notes, or just briefly glanced at them.)

====

I mean, the card is another destroy target for Lost World to protect your Tokens and stuff, while searching Ultimate Conductor or whatever. For OCG, yeah, this should help them out a bit, but in TCG...it does mostly the same thing except with more precision due to us having 2 more Babycerasaurus and Oviraptor (for now). To be fair, I think people still run Megalosaurus X (or w/e that 2000 ATK one is called), but yeah, this card's secondary effect literally requires you to mill that (or Saber). I'm not really a fan of giving Tyranno more banish fodder to summon (referring to Ultimate in this case), but getting more for Miscellaneosaurus and higher Level ones is always nice too, coupled with a draw. 

Don't think they really need this; least on our end for the time being. It's helpful but Dinos can probably run on their own for a while even with OCG hitting some of them; they got Petiteranodon as well (and that didn't get hit on either end).

Reminder that TCG still has Dinos unnerfed at 3 each for stuff, and unless your name is Winter, it is unlikely OCG's playstyle will be your design concern in this section. So...unless you specify that you want it graded under OCG, reviews will be on the TCG's banlist for the most part. But enough of that...

(Note that I did not actually read your design notes, or just briefly glanced at them.)

====

I mean, the card is another destroy target for Lost World to protect your Tokens and stuff, while searching Ultimate Conductor or whatever. For OCG, yeah, this should help them out a bit, but in TCG...it does mostly the same thing except with more precision due to us having 2 more Babycerasaurus and Oviraptor (for now). To be fair, I think people still run Megalosaurus X (or w/e that 2000 ATK one is called), but yeah, this card's secondary effect literally requires you to mill that (or Saber). I'm not really a fan of giving Tyranno more banish fodder to summon (referring to Ultimate in this case), but getting more for Miscellaneosaurus and higher Level ones is always nice too, coupled with a draw. 

Don't think they really need this; least on our end for the time being. It's helpful but Dinos can probably run on their own for a while even with OCG hitting some of them; they got Petiteranodon as well (and that didn't get hit on either end).

when I design cards, I try to make cards that can be useful and relevant whenever they get to either the OCG or TCG and I was thinking that eventually Dinos in the TCG will get hit and probably worse than the OCG (think either oviraptor and/or babycerasaurus at 0)

btw, my name is NUCLEAR WINTER

Well, the list just came out for us; Miscellaneosaurus got Limited and Lithosagym/stuff used in Worlds got the axe, but rest of the Deck didn't get shot. So...you're not wrong in them getting hit, but this card didn't lose too much power because of it (for now).

sometimes Konami surprises me, sometimes they don't

Archived