[Written] Tarot Master Archetype

Fukato

Tarot Master Archetype revolves around the central monster Tarot Master (obviously) and its Spell Cards Oracle Tarots.

[spoiler=Monster]

Tarot Master

WIND Psychic Level 7

2500/1400

Effect: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your hand to the GY. When this card is Summoned: Toss a coin.

·Heads: Add 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your Deck to the GY.

·Tails: Discard 1 card, then add 2 "Oracle Tarot" cards from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate cards and effects with the same name as the added cards this turn.

You can only use this effect of "Tarot Master" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells]

Oracle Tarot - Fool

Field Spell Card

Effect: Cannot be destroyed by other card effects. When you activate and resolve "Oracle Tarot - Judgement": You win the Duel. If you do not control a "Tarot Master", destroy this card.

Oracle Tarot - Magician

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 "Tarot Master" you control; Special Summon 1 monster with the same Level, ATK, and DEF from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Magician" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - High Priestess

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Send any number of "Oracle Tarot" cards from your hand to the GY; gain 1000 LP for every card sent by this effect. If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect, except "Oracle Tarot - High Priestess": Activate 1 "Oracle Tarot" from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Oracle Tarot - High Priestess" once per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Empress

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Add 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your GY to your hand. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Empress" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Emperor

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 "Tarot Master" you control; this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. During the End Phase of this card's activation: Send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the GY. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Emperor" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Hierophant

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you control a face-up "Tarot Master": Pay 500 LP; look at your opponent's hand, then destroy 1 card on the field with the same name as 1 of the cards in their hand.

Oracle Tarot - Lovers

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Set 1 card from your hand to the opponent's field, then target 1 other card they control; take control of it until the End Phase. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Lovers" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Justice

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 "Tarot Master" you control, then excavate the top 7 cards of your Deck; it gains 400 ATK for each "Oracle Tarot" cards excavated until the End Phase, then shuffle the cards to the bottom of the Deck. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Justice" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Chariot

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: If you control "Tarot Master": Target 2 Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy them. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Chariot" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Hermit

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 "Tarot Master" you control; change your monster to Defense Position, then change all monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position.

Oracle Tarot - Fortune

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you control a face-up "Tarot Master": Toss a coin.

·Heads: Send the top 10 cards of your Deck to your GY; draw 2 cards.

·Tails: Send the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck to the GY; both players draw 2 cards.

You cannot activate other card effects for the rest of this turn, except "Oracle Tarot" cards and "Tarot Master". You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Fortune" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Strength

Equip Spell Card

Effect: Equip only to "Tarot Master". It cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If it destroys a monster by battle: You can make it gain 500 ATK, then draw 1 card.

Oracle Tarot - Hanged Man

Equip Spell Card

Effect: If you control no monsters: Send 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your hand to the GY, then target 1 "Tarot Master" in your GY; Special Summon it and equip it with this card. While you control this card equipped to "Tarot Master", your opponent cannot activate cards and effects in response to the activation of "Oracle Tarot" cards.

Oracle Tarot - Death

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you control a face-up "Tarot Master" and have 12 or more "Oracle Tarot" cards in your GY: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls, also your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters until the end of your next turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

Oracle Tarot - Temperance

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If your hand is less than your opponent's, while you control a face-up "Tarot Master": Randomly discard cards from your opponent's hand until their hand is equal to yours. If this card is sent to the GY by a "Oracle Tarot" or "Tarot Master" card effect: You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY; draw 1 card, then discard 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Oracle Tarot - Temperance" once per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Devil

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you control a face-up "Tarot Master": Toss a coin.

·Heads: Draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards.

·Tails: Your opponent can activate this card's effect.

You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Devil" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Tower

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: If a card(s) you control is destroyed: You can Set 1 "Oracle Tarot" card directly from your Deck. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY; Set 1 "Oracle Tarot" card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Oracle Tarot - Tower" once per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Moon

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you control a face-up "Tarot Master": Send the top card of your Deck to the GY, then target 1 "Oracle Tarot" card in your GY, except "Oracle Tarot - Moon"; activate its effects. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Moon" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Star

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Reveal 4 "Oracle Tarot" cards and 1 "Tarot Master" from your Deck to your opponent, then your opponent randomly picks 1 of those cards; add that card theu chose to your hand and send the rest to the GY. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Star" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Sun

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Reveal 1 other "Oracle Tarot" card in your hand, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent draws 1 card, and if it is that declared card type, add 1 card with the same name as the one you revealed from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Sun" per turn.

Oracle Tarot - Judgement

Normal Spell Card

Effect: If you have at least 20 "Oracle Tarot" cards with different names in your GY: Shuffle all cards in your opponent's hand, field, and GY into their Deck. You can only use 1 "Oracle Tarot - Judgement" per turn.

Mystery Oracle Tarot - Aeon

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Tarot Master" from your Deck or GY. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 "Oracle Tarot - Fool" in your GY; activate it in your Field Spell Zone. You can only control 1 "Mystery Oracle Tarot - Aeon".

Mystery Oracle Tarot - World

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Oracle Tarot" card in your GY; add it to your hand. If you control a face-up "Oracle Tarot - Fool": You can send 2 "Oracle Tarot" cards from your Deck to your GY. You can only use this effect of "Mystery Oracle Tarot" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Mystery Oracle Tarot - World".

The rest will come soon!

Well, at this point I consider myself a real expert when someone's brings up Tarots, after all the Arcana Force researches.

I'm not gonna tell you an Archetype based on tarots already exists, because you know it, and probably everyone who keeps up with the Forum does too.

Anyway, I count 15 Tarot Spells so far; that means there's something more, so maybe it's still early to review.

Tarot Master

2500 ATK. SS by discarding a Tarot Spell. Arcana Force effect: Heads, search a Tarot Spell and mill a Tarot Spell; Tails, discard 1 card and search 2 Tarot Spells, but they can't be activated. I guess you're missing a "this turn" on the Tails effect? Because if you are, then it's okay, but if you aren't, that's an actual drawback Arcana Tails effect. Both effects are really good anyway, and it looks like milling tarots is something to do. Wind Psychic? I like that combination. Also, Psychic is an ideal type for this monster. Not sure why it's Wind, though. I think it'd be more appropriate as a Dark monster, or maybe Light. But Wind is fine.

Tarot Spells

The Fool

Can't be destroyed. If you don't control the master, destroy this. When you use Judgement, you win. Woah. I'm just impressed. This card does nothing, except winning the duel, or destroying itself. Interesting, I guess. We just have to find out how consistently can you resolve Judgement. You chose the Fool for this card, and yes, it's really really accurate.

The Magician

If you have the Master, SS from Deck a Level 7 with 2500 ATK and 1400 DEF. Ok, so I think it's meant to get another copy of the Master, but with more option - looks like there are only 2 Level 7/2500ATK/1400DEF monsters, and one is a Ritual (Garlandolf) and the other one is Jurrac Tyrannus. Unless you can change its ATK/DEF, I don't think you'll get anything else than another Master. Maybe if its DEF were 2100...? (No, that would just be more DM support)

High Priestess

Discard any number of Tarots, gain 1000 for each. If its sent to the GY by another effect, activate 1 Tarot Spell from the Deck. I can see what it should do. It's meant to be milled, and in case you draw this, it has another effect so it's not a dead card. Everything is great and balanced, but I don't like the "Activate from Deck". I'd like it more if it were "Set from Deck and send it to the GY during the End Phase" kinda like Superstar does. But make sure to include "except High Priestess", because otherwise it'd create a little "loop" reducing the size of the Deck.

Empress

Return a Tarot Spell from GY to the hand. Pretty straightforward. Nice use of the hard OPT. No one wants another Elma-like Spell loop.

Emperor

This turn, the Master can't be destroyed. During the end of the turn, mill the top 4 cards. This Deck likes milling, huh? Making milling cards is always dangerous, because it could be abusable. But this is definitely in-Archetype. Good card, anyway.

Hierophant

Pay 500, look at the opponent's hand, destroy 1 card on the field if it has another copy in the hand. I like how this works. It really fits the "reading the future" thing. It's fair, because it has no other purpose than that, and getting the destruction effect is situational, but should be fun when it happens.

Lovers

Set a card to your opponent's field, then take control of a card until the end of the turn. Well, I'm not totally sure, but the fact that you can take control of anything makes me think it might be quite op. I mean, if you run a pure Tarot Deck you won't have problems having a card to set, maybe something they can't use. If it took control of only Set cards, it would be more fair (who knows, maybe you'll get a Mirror Force)

Justice

Excavate 7 cards, the Master gets +400 for each Tarot Spell excavated until the end of the turn, then shuffle the cards to the bottom of the Deck. Tarot Master beatdown? I though the winning condition of this Deck was using all the Tarots, then win automatically. If you want to keep it like this, it's fair (in the best case, it'll reach 5300 ATK, but even if you get only one non-tarot card it gets outclassed by Lightning), but I'll change it to "excavate 4/5 card, send each "Oracle Tarot" card excavated to the GY" or something that mills tarots.

Chariot

Twin Twister. I have nothing to say about this one. It's basic and strong, an in-Archetype better version of Twin Twister.

Hermit

Book of Moon the Master and 1 monster your opponent controls. Well, I don't see why the Master should be in face-down Position (only to dodge), so I think it's kinda weak. It should at least change the Position of all monsters your opponent controls.

Fortune

Toss a coin. Heads: mill 10 cards, draw 2 cards. Tails: mill 3 cards from your opponent's Deck, then both players draw 2 cards. Woah. The overpowered sister of Cup of Ace. Getting the Heads effect is, well, amazing. A +1 and milling cards, that's a lot. The Tails effect isn't exactly bad, it just gives your opponent some advantage, but that's... fair, compared to the Heads effect.

Strenght

Equip to the Master, +500 and cannot be targeted. If it destroys by battle, +500 ATK and draw 1 card. It does a lot for just an Equip card; I'd just change the buff when it destroys by battle. I think drawing is already a nice reward.

Hanged Man

If you have no monsters, discard a Tarot Spell, then SS the Master from the GY. Your opponent cannot negate Tarot Spells. The discarding is already punishing, so I'd change it so it can SS the Master from the Deck as well. The continuous effect is nothing needed, but it's cool (everyone who runs Supercell in a Majespecter Deck will know what I'm talking about).

Death

If you have the Master and at least 12 tarots in the GY: Raigeki, then prevent from SS next turn. You can't conduct the Battle Phase. Ok so, I like it. I just can't review it perfectly because I can't get how easily getting 12 Tarots in the GY is. If you can make it consistently, then it's okay, and amazing too, but if it's difficult, I'd remove the Battle Phase restriction. You might want to test this Deck to see if it actually works or not.

Judgement

If you have 19 different Tarots in the GY: shuffle all cards your opponent controls into the Deck. Maybe getting 12 Tarots is a doable, but 19 different ones? It should do more than shuffling cards from the field. Remember the Deskbot Field Spell does the same thing, and requires 9 different monsters, not 19 + Judgement (+ the Fool). Make it so it shuffles from GY and hand too. But it's the same problem Death has: is there a way to get those Tarots fast? That Grass Looks Greener? Left Arm Offering and Lightsworns? I don't know.

I like this Archetype. It's really cool and all of the effects are accurate if you think of what the Tarot actually is (Death - Raigeki, for example).

There aren't many ways to get the Master on the field. If you don't draw it, you could have lots of useless Tarots in your hand.

Cards like Death/Fool/Judgement might need to be edited after duel testing them.

So you added the missing tarots, from Temperance to The World, including Aeon (which is a different name for Judgement, but I'm not really sure)

Temperance

Your opponent discards cards so that he has the same number of cards you have. If it's sent to the GY, mill/draw/discard a card. Yeah it's quite cool and fits in the milling idea of the Archetype. I like it. Notice that dealing with hand destruction is dangerous (you might use all of your cards, then play this one so you have no cards; your opponent discards the entire hand). It requires Master to be activated, though. Not sure if broken or something, that's another card to test.

Devil (thanks for not censoring)

Toss a coin. Heads: draw 3 cards and discard 2; Tails: your opponent can do that. Yes, this is the spirit of Arcana Forces and tarots in general. Heads, an amazing effect, Tails, a huge advantage for your opponent/disadvantage for you. I have to say I love this, it's basically a better version of Cup of Ace. This might be too luck-based, though. I'd change the Tails effect to "the opponent draws 2 cards, then discard 2", instead of +3 and -2 (+1); this way it will always be a +0.

Tower

If a card is destroyed, Set a Tarot. If this is destroyed, mill a card, Set a Tarot from hand. The first effect is good, making this a slow but necessary searcher. I'd change the second effect to: if this is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, send the top card of your Deck to your GY, Set 1 Oracle Tarot card from your hand or GY. Just so it's more punishing, Abyss Script-style.

Moon

Mill a card, use an effect of a Tarot in the GY. Nice card; it can dodge the hard OPT restriction.

Star

Reveal 4 Tarots and the Master from Deck, add 1 randomly and mill the rest. This will definitely fill the GY with Tarots. That's what this Archetype needed. It's also an unpredictable searcher, and we all know Fate is unpredictable (just for flavour). I'd just add a "4 different Tarots".

Sun

Your opponent draws a card, and if you declared right, search a card of the same type. You really need to be a fortune-teller to use this card! Or maybe run a Convulsion of Nature. Or some SPYRALs. Well, I like how this works.

Aeon

SS the Master from Deck or GY. Opt, discard a card, activate The Fool from the GY. Ok, I'm responsible for telling you there aren't easy way to get the Master, but this sounds broken. The "reveal in-Archetype" cards in Sun was a good restriction that made it not-splashable. And this card should do the same. When this card is activated: reveal 2 "Oracle Tarot" cards in your hand, and if you do...

World

Add 1 Tarot from the GY. OPT, if you have the Fool, mill 2 Tarots. Didn't the Empress do the same thing? You're just making a better version of the Empress. You could either nerf this card, but I don't have any suggestions, or buff the Empress, giving it a second effect like "If this card is in your GY: you can discard up to 3 "Oracle Tarot" cards in your hand, draw the same amount of cards you discarded -1. You can only use this effect of "O T - Empress" once per Duel."

Archived