Dark Desertapir

~~~~

DarkDesertapir-DREV-EN-R-UE.png

Dark Desertapir

Level 2 EARTH

Beast/Effect

When this card is removed from play, you can select 1 Level 4 or lower Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it.

1100/300

Ok so Rescue Cat got unlimited, and after reading through all the Level 3 or lower Beast-types, I am really disappointed because I think this is our best shot to make something out of Rescue Cat. We just need a way to banish it from the Graveyard reliably and then you can revive the Rescue Cat for free fodder. Do remember that it misses the timing, so no Fairy Tail Snow.

Anyway, get to work grimlings. Good luck!

You know, Gold Sarcophagus is at 3, and that's the play this card used to be used in, as an easy revival.

The other part helping out swarming back in the day was Chain Dog. This was before the Racoons or Obedience Schooled.

Now if you feel like doing something with it in hand as well, Unicorn Beacon doesn't make it miss the timing last time I checked, and Unicorn Beacon does get a little help from Snow.

Rescue Cat's hard OPT clause is fine IMO, but negating the monsters' effects really hurts its applications outside of pure laddering. No "attack with Airbellum to discard 1 card", no "bring out Sea Koala to deplete a monster's ATK", no Mystical Beasts of the Forest plays, no Wind-Up Kitten even.

It's plays are essentially: becomes 3 monsters with Chain Dog in GY, or 1 card Racoon Xyz or Paleozoic Xyz, or 1 card Synchro, or the old play with Archfiend Marmot of Nefariousness because Falling Down is their own Snatch Steal, except without looping cat and going through half your deck in a turn.

^Those are some ideas I'm throwing out there.

different dimension ground maybe?

wut? 1. that's a trap so not very good for Link shenanigans with Rescue Cat an' all. and 2. Dank Tapir misses the timing so even if it's banished instead of being sent to the GY, you can't use it as Link Material and get its effect.

We just need some Link Monster that has "OPT: Banish a card from your GY" or whatever. Then I finally have an excuse to play this beautiful card

Archived