Field Commander, attempting to improve the link monster pool

I Hate Snatch Steal

Link 2

Warrior/Link/Effect

1900 ATK

Link Arrows: Down Left and Down Right

2 Warrior monsters

You can only use each effect of "Field Commander" once per turn. If this card is Link Summoned: you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand. You can target a total of 3 monsters in your graveyard and/or your banished zone with different Types; shuffle all 3 into the deck and if you do, draw 1 card.

A little side note, monsters can't count as zero Link Material, so either you need to change the requirements to just 2 Warrior-Type monsters (well, drop the -Type thing because series 10 omits it now) or 1+ instead. Subsequently, you would need to lower this card's ATK slightly; maybe 1900-2000.

(Or you can just make it a Link 3 and leave the stats / requirements.)

====

First effect is fine for the most part. Second one is kinda hard to pull off, except maybe in HEROs (at present, if they still run that Rank 4 engine nowadays). I guess you can recycle ED monsters, but that's it. 

Compared to how Links have been going, it's kinda... broken.

For starters, it's a generic Link 2 that leads up to any Link 3 as long as you have the card in hand (Also considering its effect as well as the "Field Commander Rahz" reference, Marauding Commander with maybe a name in front of it could be a cool throwback to the old days of Warriors.) 

So here are my recommendations:

1. As it was before, rather have it a Link 3 using only effect monsters or a Link 2 using only Warrior monsters.
  2. Change up the Link Markers if it's a Link 2. Probably Down and Left/Right is a bit more balanced and is definitely better for utility, which Warriors are known for.
  3. If you really want to sell the Warriors of old bit, you could add protection like "your opponent cannot destroy cards this card points to by battle or card effect" which would also protect Field Spells and/or Continuous Spell/Traps.
  4. Probably decrease the ATK if it's a Link 2 since for the most part any of the more generic link 2s have 1000-2000 ATK.

I can see what you're trying to do, but the problem that Konami realized is that making any sort of generic Link monster is inherently broken. If a Link 2 is better than any generic easily accessible Synchro or Xyz monster, any generics from those categories become irrelevant since playing those without Links won't continue your plays. 

Hope this helped.

Archived