Real cards in duel portal

Benachu666

So i have read that there is only some real cards in the duel portal. Was just wondering what is the rules when it comes to putting real cards into the system. I have tried finding the rules for this and failed.

You are allowed to upload real cards to Duel Portal, but cannot use the actual images (and thus, either you upload it with a blank pic or some fanart or something).

Discussion is still going on in PM about this rule (well, and on Discord since majority of users who use DP are on there and not here), but yeah.

Ideally, just upload the ones you actually need.

====

If a card you want has a different list status than currently on DP, just ask me to change the setting. I say this because I do have moderator powers on Duel Portal; there are other users on DP who can fix the statuses too (for the standard format), but as I mentioned above, they literally stick to their own Discord and rarely check here (if at all). Harsh as this is, that's the truth.

====

As absurd as the "no real image" may be, we'd like to avoid getting a C/D like Dueling Network and YGOPro have in the past from Nihon Ad Systems, or minimize the chances of us getting it thereof. We're technically still breaking it by using the Attribute logos and stuff [as far as that one user from DP is concerned with his claims], even if DP exists just for testing stuff and not profiting from it monetarily (which we aren't).

So when i get the chance to jump in duel portal(thats when i get proper internet as i only have mobile at the moment) would it be a bad thing if i took the time to upload all the cards that are in the game (including anime cards) and you choose which ones have status?

Yeah, it's not advised to upload all 6,000+ cards in the real game, and however many anime cards.

Just upload the staple cards or stuff that you need to make your Deck work, and not the "pack filler" stuff like the earlier packs.

Archived