Psychics are getting a new Archetype called Jack Knights (I know, doesn't sound like they would be Psychic, but here we are), though they are only Level 5 or higher, meaning that they have a Normal Summon they don't utilize, so why not make a card that supports them? This is a Tuner that Special Summon Level 5 or higher Psychics from your hand, however it has a twist, it switches the Levels of that monster and this one, which is meant to be both negative, and possibly positive depending on what you wish to do with them, as this means this becomes a high Level Tuner, so that may be bad in case you wish to use it for a lower Level Synchro Monster, though it can also be helpful if you don't wish to spend a lot of monsters on a higher Level one. Additionally, you can discard a Psychic monster to get it back from the GY, which helps them too, as they have cards that support them being in the GY. May also have use in PSY-Frames, since they have some higher Level Psychics too.

star_flipper_by_zaziuma-dbo45r0.png

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Psychic monster from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, switch this card and that monster’s Levels, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of your turn, except to your Extra Monster Zone. You can discard 1 Psychic monster to the GY, except “Star Flipper”; add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Star Flipper” once per turn.

I could see this working for Psy-Frames too, which is pretty cool.

There's a lot going on here. Only allowing the player to only Special Summon Extra Deck Monster to the Extra Monster Zone is a nice touch as well since it's a restriction that definitely slow you down but with Jack Knights and Psy-Frames they don't really care. However, I have mixed feelings about the recovery. You have to have 2 Psychic monsters in your hand to utilize it, but it can just keep recovering itself which makes each next one you draw kinda redundant. I would make it a "Once, while this card is in your GY" and then have it be a generic discard, since this card isn't exactly something that's easily techable outside of Psychics anyway.

The artwork reminds me of Saambell and Risebell. Not sure if that's intentional but the artwork is cool either way.

I could see this working for Psy-Frames too, which is pretty cool.

There's a lot going on here. Only allowing the player to only Special Summon Extra Deck Monster to the Extra Monster Zone is a nice touch as well since it's a restriction that definitely slow you down but with Jack Knights and Psy-Frames they don't really care. However, I have mixed feelings about the recovery. You have to have 2 Psychic monsters in your hand to utilize it, but it can just keep recovering itself which makes each next one you draw kinda redundant. I would make it a "Once, while this card is in your GY" and then have it be a generic discard, since this card isn't exactly something that's easily techable outside of Psychics anyway.

The artwork reminds me of Saambell and Risebell. Not sure if that's intentional but the artwork is cool either way.

Not sure that your wording changes anything. Regardless I disagree that drawing another one would be bad, you aren't giving up a card from your hand that way, if you had only 1 Psychic in your hand and drew it, you would prefer since you couldn't discard anything to Summon both.

Archived