Mecha Phantom Beast Field Spell Idea

Ultimagamer

This was an idea for a field spell I came up with to make Mecha Phantom Beasts more consistent and easier to manipulate in their levels 

Mecha Phantom Beast Great Airship

Spell - Field 

Once per turn during either players turn. except during the damage step, when a "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster is summoned to your field, you can Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK:0/DEF:0). While you control a "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" your opponent cannot target "Mecha Phantom Beast" cards you control with card effects. If you would summon a monster using a monster(s) on your field with a level different than their original level, you can treat that monster(s) level as any level from their original level to their current level. You can only summon a monster using this effect once per turn. 

At least I got a reason to run Terraforming in MPBs, whoo! (But seriously, this is technically still one of my favorite Decks, so...)

I mean, it does grant them a bit more summoning power and protection, since while their inherent effects are great, non-destructive removal like Castel, etc still break them. Oh right, and suppose it makes Jaculuslan even harder to crack for your other 'mons (as it blocks others from getting destroyed). I appreciate the Level altering effects to Xyz Summon, but there is some concern in giving them everything up to Rank 10 and beyond (though when are you going to summon anything higher than that; Synchro variants exist too, so...)

To be fair, the first two effects would be sufficient enough for their own Field Spell; third one is probably overkill to an extent and does go into a bunch of ruling issues; even with a hard OPT. 

So yeah, they're already good at summoning high Rank Xyz; only real catch is likely using Hamstrat or something as material with Level 4 (original) stuff and opening larger Synchro plays if you opt for this. (I technically run a modified version of the latter for RL purposes, so...)

====

Other than that, you should be fine.

Careful with the Link engine there. Tetherwolf instantly makes a Link 3. That's a 2 card combo that takes a normal summon, so it's not as bad as Gofu... well, your call.

The level manipulation effect is definitely over the top. You could just let it increase or decrease an MPB's Level by 3 once per turn. Letting any of them be basically any Level makes your Xyz options ridiculous. 

The first effect does not need the "either player's turn" part, because it is a trigger effect. "Either player's turn" has been cycled out for "(Quick Effect):" anyways.

The level manipulation effect is definitely over the top. You could just let it increase or decrease an MPB's Level by 3 once per turn. Letting any of them be basically any Level makes your Xyz options ridiculous. 

The first effect does not need the "either player's turn" part, because it is a trigger effect. "Either player's turn" has been cycled out for "(Quick Effect):" anyways.

I mean, it does grant them a bit more summoning power and protection, since while their inherent effects are great, non-destructive removal like Castel, etc still break them. Oh right, and suppose it makes Jaculuslan even harder to crack for your other 'mons (as it blocks others from getting destroyed). I appreciate the Level altering effects to Xyz Summon, but there is some concern in giving them everything up to Rank 10 and beyond (though when are you going to summon anything higher than that; Synchro variants exist too, so...)

To be fair, the first two effects would be sufficient enough for their own Field Spell; third one is probably overkill to an extent and does go into a bunch of ruling issues; even with a hard OPT. 

So yeah, they're already good at summoning high Rank Xyz; only real catch is likely using Hamstrat or something as material with Level 4 (original) stuff and opening larger Synchro plays if you opt for this. (I technically run a modified version of the latter for RL purposes, so...)

I can see what you guys mean, I think this will be a better alternative then. Giving them the ability to summon ANYthing is a bit overdone, so I narrowed it down to only in archetype cards

Mecha Phantom Beast Great Airship

Spell - Field 

Once per turn, except during the damage step, when a "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster is summoned to your field, you can Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK:0/DEF:0). While you control a "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" your opponent cannot target "Mecha Phantom Beast" cards you control with card effects. If you would summon a "Mecha Phantom Beast" or "Phantom Fortress" monster using a monster(s) on your field with a level different than their original level, you can treat that monster(s) level as any level from their original level to their current level. You can only summon a monster using this effect once per turn. 

Archived