New Fusions [LEDD]

1506032119863.png?width=377&height=671
Dark Magician the Dragon Knight
DARK/Dragon/Fusion/Effect/Level 8/3000 ATK/2500 DEF
“Dark Magician” + 1 Dragon monster
This card’s name becomes “Dark Magician” while on the field or in the GY. Your opponent cannot target Spells/Traps you control with card effects, also they cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects.

1506031916034.png?width=377&height=671
Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon
DARK/Machine/Fusion/Effect/Level 10/0 ATK/0 DEF
1 “Cyber Dragon” monster + 1+ monsters in the Extra Monster Zone
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either field to the GY. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) The original ATK of this card becomes 1200 x the number of Fusion Materials used for its Special Summon.

First one looks nice: solid protection for your Spell/Traps, summonable by Timaeus, Dragon's Mirror, etc.

The second one is crazy good. And here I thought Konami would stay away from Chimeratech Fortress Dragon-style removal Contact Fusions, but here is another one. Also, the wings and halo... from which monster are they? I cannot recall it. My first thought was Majestic Mech - Goryu, but it's not the same.

Hmm, a "Timeaus"-related monster that didn't originate from the DM anime, huh? Interesting. I wonder if this means there will be more "original" Legendary Dragon Fusions in the future. Anyways, another toy for Dark Magician to play with is always nice, as it protects your Circle and Eternal Soul, etc..

Also, CyDra gets yet ANOTHER annoying monster to deal with... but I guess it's mitigated by the fact that this being out means no CyDra Infinity at the same time, and it's relatively easy to deal with even if it becomes a 3600 beatstick.

Also, CyDra gets yet ANOTHER annoying monster to deal with... but I guess it's mitigated by the fact that this being out means no CyDra Infinity at the same time, and it's relatively easy to deal with even if it becomes a 3600 beatstick.

You can just use this as link material to set up CDI, or summon it with only 2 materials in a linked zone.

It doesn't do anything other than have decent ATK after it's summoned, so no reason not to use it to further your plays.

Also, fusion parasite+any dragon makes the new DM fusion, so that's neat.

I feel like DM dragon knight could ve had another effect as well, maybe something more offensive. Still the fact that is DM in GY as well is amazing enough the deck as a new boss monster finally (if incorporated)

CD fusion should come more often than fortress but it will clear EMZ space more times than actually getting rid of an opponent's threat IMO, very neat

how exactly does this work, when it would then occupy said space?

Now that you mentioned it wont be doing that very often, but outside of having CDI in EMZ, it can clear the zone from usless Xyz (that for some reason are still on the field), wish it would ve been lvl 8 for synergy with fortress for rank 8 fodder, it still easier to use this as material for something (non link) than an xyz.

>not revealing the odd-eyes

fml

But wow, these are both way better than I was expecting. CyDra now has Kaiju applications generically, albeit in a more niche way... and DM is just a better version of the White Dragon Ninja "lock".

The chimeratech still doesn't quite move me. And DM takes too long to set up, probably.

Give me my funking Odd-Eyes.

Dark Magician the Dragon Knight has interesting application in any dragon deck that runs fusions since there's absolutely no restrictions on subs surprisingly. 10/10 synergy with Eternal Soul. Funny from a lore perspective that it has Blue-Eyes stats.

Megafleet is any Cyber Dragon monster and not just CyDra itself, this makes Toon Cyber Dragon a lot stronger and I could see 3 Toon Table + 1 Toon CyDra being teched in the future against certain decks.

Both of these are way stronger than I would have expected.

The Chimeratechs have always been absurd and stupid but... really? We're just gonna give the entire CyDra archetype the ability to ingest any hard-earned Extra Deck monster? This is going to completely change the game, we'll be back to every deck running some Cyber Dragon or other because let's face it - this damn near obsoletes Kaijus. 

Also, how long are we gonna have the "(You do not use Polymerization.)" disclaimer? Fusion Spells are more than diverse enough to be their own type of spell with an accompanying icon. 

Heck, you can also use that Normal Summoned CyDra Core that usually either ends up staying on board or attached to CyDra Infinity, then because Megafleet gets it in the GY you can use a Repair Plant searched by it; you can even make it live yourself by using your own EM Zone monster if necessary.

Also, note that it is Level10, so it can combo nicely with that Level10 Exodia, or Jizukiru, for a Rank10.

Really good stuff there.

The Chimeratechs have always been absurd and stupid but... really? We're just gonna give the entire CyDra archetype the ability to ingest any hard-earned Extra Deck monster? This is going to completely change the game, we'll be back to every deck running some Cyber Dragon or other because let's face it - this damn near obsoletes Kaijus. 

Also, how long are we gonna have the "(You do not use Polymerization.)" disclaimer? Fusion Spells are more than diverse enough to be their own type of spell with an accompanying icon. 

Although you're probably not wrong in regards to Chimeratechs and Cyber Dragon returning to popular tech play, a couple notes

1. The strongest decks have always put out multiple threat fields, so removing just 1 from the Extra Zone, while still very useful, can be played around by leaving your weakest link (pun not intended) in it. As an example of a deck that's only good when formats are weak, ABCD is often summoned to a Main Zone under a Link if you can pull off a DDDD combo.

2. Good luck outing Master Peace II or similar with this compared to Kaiju

3. Although serving as legitimately threatening bait that has to be responded to is very good, quick poppers like ABCD/Drident or similar can dodge the Cydra by removing the Cydra or, in some amusing combo situations (or just ABCD tagging out), themselves.

>not revealing the odd-eyes

fml

It's probably just gonna be Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon.  :Kappa:

jk I want ODD-EYES TOO!

But wow these cards are amazing. Another reason for me to run Timaeus in DM.

And holy moly just realised Eternal Soul and DM The Dragon Knight protect each other. Bruh...

How interesting that Chimeratech is designed in a way that can out pretty much anything, but will eventually hurt Links the least out of any mechanic, since they are the one mechanic that can bring out more bosses into the field.

All in all, love these cards. Amazing applications and pretty solid options. They cover up where their respective decks might have lacked.

Cyber Dragons will have a field day with this.

TBH cyber dragon is probably one of my favorite archetypes and it now just has more relevancy with an even better chimeratech thing yeeeehhhhh. Also why 1200 tho?

I think it is just to have some sort of minimum standard.

1500x would mean this can be a 3k ATK Kaiju that comes out on your side and is much easier to drop at will. It also is enough to more or less never want/need to use your own Extra Deck monster as the third material.

2000x I don't think people would mind all that much, but nowadays there are Level 4 vanillas with that ATK, and it has to feel somewhat Ace-sized.

1100 or 1400 x are probably too close to the above.

1200 or 1300 x probably felt about right. You make your generic removal for a minimum of 2400-2600 ATK, which is pretty respectable. Or you go boss sized with the extra investment with 3600-3800, which is good enough to take down Blue-Eyes-sized stuff. They just opted to go for the lower of the two as the "safer" design.

^That's what I think.

Archived