[Fanfiction] Yu-Gi-Oh Stratos: First Time For Everything

kearr

Yu-Gi-Oh Stratos: First Time For Everything

Dez is a teen from the harrowing and poverty-stricken District 6# in Flight City. As a skilled duelist, he aims to become a pro. Along his path, he figures out about the Stratos World. A threat that looks over the current duel landscape. Watch as him and his Pro Duelist friends decode the mysterious sercets of the Stratos. 

(Tips for reading. Words that are underlined are cards created by the author. Details will usual be at the end of the chapter. If not, please punch me. Enjoy! And send feedback if you want to. Any type will be appreciated.)

Chapter 1: Shock The World
Zap! The tournament starts. Pros and Amateurs alike gather in a broken down building in District 6# to engage each other. As people get acquainted, the mysterious figure who started this tournament, makes themselves known. 

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Dez saw it already, when he stood among all the other duelists near him. His hoodie and dingy duel disk in a room full of funded duelists gave him a sense of pride. The house and the room they were holstered in were near the famous Duel Academies in his district. It was going to be awhile till the host showed up, so Dez figured he would have to get to know the people here.

A man with white paint on his face leaned against the wall. A little curious, Dez walked up to the man. "hey, so who invited you?"

"Hmmm..I see you're a nice guy. Let's just say I'm here to satisfy a favor" Dez wasn't prepared for the silly looking man to have a rich gruff voice. 

Dez shook his head "Hmm. I'm here to get the attention of Harlot. I heard he is also compeiting"

"Maybe he will...Kid, Are you sure you wanna start here?" 

Dez wasn't sure how to answer at first, but he smiled and confidently shook his head "darn right. Abandoned houses are comfortable to duel in" Dez was prepared for a look from the man, maybe a commemt of Dez being weird to add to it.

The man giggled " I can see that. Quiet rooms, nothing but the sounds of other duelists" 

Dez rubbed his head "Yeah, I'm glad you could see my perspective. You got a name?"

"Hylen. " He patted Dez back and stood up. He took notice of a petite silver haired woman in the corner. The woman was clearly avoiding social contact with others on purpose. "You see that woman?"

Dez turned his body and noticed her too. "Yeah? I think she got here before any of us did. A little antisocial"

Hylen felt something was off, while everyone had formed some sort of group. She was alone, she was confident enough to stand herself.

In a sudden moment, the woman opened her mouth "It's disappointing to see you only observe. Not act"

Hylen felt the air around him get heavy "I haven't decided if you are worth the effort" Hylen countered and shuffled his cards. 

"The heck?!" The lady stood up and prepared her deck. Her duel disk also activated shortly after.

Dez stood in between the raging duelists, clearly bad blood was already established. "Easy you two. Save your energy and the potential good draws!"

The lady stared a Dez for a bit "ok whats wrong with him?"

Hylen sighed and relaxed a bit "He's a bit weird but he can duel so he's fine" 

"I see. Well I'm Aila Lemont" Dez took a closer look at her coat. A fierce green eagle ran down the left side of it. It made him paid more attention to his own average clothing

Hylen rolled his eyes "Lamont Industries? You must some sort of representative?" Aila sighed 

"Nope. I only came to test my skill" She smiled and attempted a curtsie. Dez awkwardly twisted his jacket in response. "Well I'm Dez. Welcome"

Aila smirked "How do you do Dez? Nice to meet you" 

Hylen placed his hands in his pocket "do you honestly talk like that?"

Aila took the opportunity and pounced back with no mercy "My accent is like you make up, Hylen. It gives people the impression we want. It fits you clown"

Dez looked at them both, he wondered if he was missing context or not. He had never seen two strangers get that angry so fast. 

Hylen grunted and took a few steps toward one corner of the house "Make sure you don't lose Aila, I want to embarrass you myself" He shuffled his deck a couple more times

Aila sneered "Don't worry. You will get a chance to duel me. " 

Dez saw the large rivalry being formed right in front of him, other duelists still kept to themselves. Steeling their minds, remembering strategies.  Dez preferred not to take that approach, he simply stretched and sat on the ground. He found no need in wounding himself up. Meanwhile, a small sweaty man next to him kept running smaller games with his own cards. 

Dez peeked a little, the guy noticed and made a small wailing sound "Not this time, bastard!"

Hylen turned his attention toward the situation "Dirty Dragon Mikey,,..Dez he ain't no good!"

"You ain't no good fraud!" Mikey snickered and gathered all his cards back into his coat.

Dez scratched his head "Mikey? "

Mikey stood up, revealing his brown coat and large collection of premade decks. Each one was labeled and placed in a certain position

Dez related it back to his single deck, while he was confident in the deck he had with him but it was always nice to have a variety of cards to rely on. "Nice collection. Mike"

"Mikey...and thank you!" Mikey rubbed his hands together. "Don't listen to the clown about me. I'm a pro with a sigma for being a bit of dirty man"

"Hmm.." Hylen leered from across the room "When you say "sigma". Last year's "Dirt Dragonic" combo comes into mind when you dueled against me. "

"I'm only dirty to other dirty people but Dez seems like he likes dueling" Mikey sat back down.

Dez smiled and looked at Hylen, the clown shook his head "You want to duel him. Can't stop you. He is still a pro after all and is very skilled. " Dez nodded "I'll be careful"

The small intercom in the room spoke up, the volume increased slightly as it continued. "hello there. Pros and Amateurs. Welcome to this event. This event will definitely be remembered for starting careers and ending others. " The voice squeaked a little and the feedback distorted the voice. "I'll send your opponent to your duel gazer. So be wary. There are five rooms. ten duelists. work it out. After that. I'll announce the next rounds" 

Mikey screamed out toward the intercom "what do we call you?!"

"Anti. Remember that word. Don't worry yourself, this event will be legendary.."

Dez, Hylen and Aeli checked their perspective duel gazers. Their opponent's name was followed by a room number. Dez turned to the others and waved "Hope to see you in the next round." Hylen saluted and headed toward his destination, him and Aeli trade glares as they walked beside each other.

Dez shook his head and walked upstairs, he saw a room labeled '3'. He took a deep breath and opened the door. A man with a grey suit waited, his grey hair was messy and his powder white gloves gave him the feel of a patient gentleman. "Greetings. You must be Dez?"

"Yep. From District 9#. I have no intention of going home early" Dez challenged and stood adjacent to his opponent. 

"My name is Keance. I'm glad you have a spirit.." His deck emitted a sinister black energy, Dez activated his disk and gazer. "You will be the first victim of my Number!"

Dez shrugged "sounds interesting! " Keance activated his gear next, holding up his arm.

"Duel!" Dez and Keance shouted. The room around them was transformed into a spacious altered world. Dez noticed specks of white light surround him

Dez: 4000
Keance:4000

Keance took the incentive and drew one card from his deck. "Don't mind if I do" He added the card to his overall hand and smiled. "First I activate the Spell Card Faith Beam Of Cetsust . A favorite of mine!" A large worm like rope wrapped around the space, green energy channeled to the pink tubes "When I activate this card, each player must draw 1 card then discarded a card. Be prepared for other effects"

Faith Beam Of Cetsust/Spell/Field

Dez shrugged and drew one card "Thanks man" He then discarded another card

"Oh it benefits me in the long run. So its a small gift for both of us. " Keance looked up at the system of tubes breathing and oozing. "I feel satisfied ending this with one facedown" He forcefully set his last card.

"A mere amateur. Haven't seen him in the circuit...he has confidence at least" Keance thought to himself, he only wanted to observe for now. 

Dez drew from his deck, a small smile drew on his face "When I control no cards, I can bring out this monster without wasting my Normal Summon. Bulletspeed Sonit!" A small metal man burst from his card slot, moving and humming as it landed beside Dez. "He won't be alone for long, you see when I Summon him. I can increase the speed and break the sound barrier. Soundspeed Sonit!" An invisible ping traveled through the field, a clear entity sat next to Bulletspeed Sonit

Bulletspeed Sonit/ Lv:2/WIND/Thunder/Effect (ATK:900) DEF:900

Soundspeed Sonit/ Lv:3/WIND/Thunder/Effect (ATK:1100) DEF:1100

"Next. Since Soundspeed Sonit came. Bulletspeed increases it's Level by 1"

Level 2>Level 3

"An Xyz Play?" Keance commented 

"Predictable but it hasn't failed me so far. Now overlay!" The two creatures were turned into white streams. Intertwining, as they pierced the ceiling. "Lightspeed Sonit!" A gold aerodynamic machine appeared, with two white streams surrounding it.

Lightspeed Sonit/ Rk:3/WIND/Thunder/Xyz ATK:1000 (DEF:1900) [OLU=2]

"I may not be able to attack this turn but I can inflict damage" Dez smirked deviously

"damn. Well I'm intrigued. I expect this tack from Mikey" Keance took another look up at the humming machine above him.

"Hey. You are a pro. Expect no mercy on my end" Lightspeed Sonit proceeded to absorb one of the waning streams. Humming louder once it had absorbed it. "Once per turn, I can detach an overlay unit, reveal any number of Thunder-Type monsters in my hand and then deal 300 points of damage for each one that you see!" Dez picked up two cards from his grip and revealed them.

"I reveal Tybicrode and Thunder King Rai-Oh. " The golden machine hummed faster and faster, shooting an orange bolt toward Keance.

Keance took the bolt head on and grunted a bit "Nice. It was quick and merciless"

4000-600=3400

Keance:3400

Dez set two cards and relaxed his arms "Pretty good turn I'd say. I'm done"

"I guess I'm done merely observing you. Time to act" Keance pulled a new card from his deck "Since Faith Beam of Cetsust is active, I can Normal Summon Aetherant Yalipoli without Tributing"

Aetherant Yalipoli/Lv:7/LIGHT/Fairy/Effect (ATK:2500) DEF:0 

A tall elegant man with dark tinted armor appeared, a longsword sat in his sheath. His red eyes beamed down at Dez "Now on to the fun part. Getting rid of that gaudy machine over yonder" The corrupted angel lifted his weapon, preparing to strike. "Attack his Lightspeed Sonit. Sky Strike!" 

Dez saw the sword rise above his head and quickly reached for his backrow.

Keance chuckled "I wouldn't rely on them too much. I activate the Continuous Trap Card, Cetsust Crest. " Dez grunted "now when Aetherant monsters attack, you can't activate Spell and Traps until after the Damage Step" 

Dez stopped and prepared for the worst. "Well I do have a Plan B. Didn't expect to use it this early though. " He thought

Keance directed his beast toward Lightspeed Sonit "now continue Yalipoli, uninterrupted!" The sword came down on the whirling machine. 

Dez responded "Not too fast. I send the Tybicrode in my hand to Graveyard to prevent the destruction of Lightspeed Sonit". A large shock barrier formed around the machine, blocking the sword. "And since Yalipoli did battle with Lightspeed Sonit while it was defending, that monster is destroyed"

"Not Yalipoli. He is unaffected by effects from Special Summoned monsters" Dez sighed a little, he had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy

Keance nodded and clapped a little. "I figured you weren't going to let me have my way Dez" Yalipoli retreated back to his side of the field. "I end my turn. Which triggers the effect of Yalipoli. I must discard a card during my End Phase. Then I can activate it's secondary effect" Keance quickly got rid of that one card "Yalipoli in particular can revive a fellow 'Aetherant' monster in my Graveyard during the End Phase" 

Dez scratched his chin "so that card you discarded earlier?"

"You got it. I revive Aetherant Poliscur. " A woman smaller then Yalipoli appeared, she looked much more 'innocent' compared to her ally. 

"Don't let looks deceive you. Poliscur is way more dangerous then Yalipoli. You will see that fact soon" Keance nodded "I end my turn"

"I look forward to it" Dez smiled. "I draw"

Author-Made Cards (in this chapter):

Bulletspeed Sonit
Lv:2/WIND/Thunder/Effect
If you control no monsters, this card can be Special Summoned from your hand. You cannot Special Summon non Thunder-Type monsters during the turn this card is Special Summoned. 
ATK:900 DEF:900

Soundspeed Sonit
Lv:3/WIND/Thunder/Effect
Once per turn, you can target 1 Level 2 Thunder-Type monster on your side of the field, increase it's Level by 1. 
ATK:1100 DEF:1100.

Lightspeed Sonit
Rk:3/WIND/Thunder/Xyz
2 Level 3 Thunder-Type monsters
Once per turn, you detach one Xyz Material from this card to reveal any number of Thunder-Type monsters in your hand, your opponent loses 300 life points for each card you revealed. While this card is in Defense Position, any monster that battles it is destroyed after the Damage Step. 
ATK:1100 DEF:1900

Tybicrode
Lv:2/WIND/Thunder/Effect 
When this card leaves the field, your opponent loses 500 life points for each face-up Thunder-Type monster you control. When a Thunder-Type monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can discard this card to negate the destruction of that monster. 

Faith Beam of Cetsust
Spell/Field
When this card is activated, both players must draw 1 card then discard a card. You can Normal Summon "Aetherant" monsters without Tributing. When a Fairy-Type monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, draw 1 card then discard a card. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects if you control a "Cetsust" Continuous Trap Card.

Cetsust Crest
Trap/Continuous
When an "Aetherant" monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spells/Traps until the end of the Damage Step. When a "Aetherant" monster destroys a monster by battle, draw 1 card then discard a card. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Aetherant" monster from your Graveyard (regardless of Summoning condition)

Aetherant Yalipoli
Lv:7/LIGHT/Fairy/Effect
This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of another "Aetherant" monster. This card is unaffected by the effects of Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls. If you have no cards in your hand, this card can attack twice during the Battle  Phase. During the End Phase, discard 1 card while you control this face-up card. Also during your End Phase, you can Special Summon 1 "Aetherant" monster from your Graveyard (their End Phase effects do not activate). 
ATK: 2500 DEF:0

Author Note 1: I'm leaving the effects of Aetherant Poliscur a mystery for now. I'll do this often to make a card more mysterious and dangerous. You will get it eventually once the cat is out the bag

Author Note 2: Dez wasn't planned to have the "Sonit/Thunder" archetype but it fits his personality so well. So why not?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived