The Nyx Avatar

IHBNAPt.jpg

LIGHT

Rank 4

Beast/Xyz/Effect

ATK:2200

DEF:1800

2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effects of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and halve its ATK. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, attach 1 card from your Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material. You can only activate this effect of "Rising Sun Fang" once per turn.

Looks good enough to me. The detach effect is solid enough without going overboard with a Quick Effect or whatever. The self-revival effect should be fine, too; I find nice that it will also work when milled from the Extra Deck, so it can be a funny option in Cyberdarks or in decks that play Mega Zaborg.

If anything, I find the name rather simple and not really related to the artwork, but that's just a nitpick from me.

Looks good enough to me. The detach effect is solid enough without going overboard with a Quick Effect or whatever. The self-revival effect should be fine, too; I find nice that it will also work when milled from the Extra Deck, so it can be a funny option in Cyberdarks or in decks that play Mega Zaborg.

If anything, I find the name rather simple and not really related to the artwork, but that's just a nitpick from me.

Well, the art I used was fan art of Amaterasu (the sun goddess) from Okami. Hence the name Sun Scout.

Actually it won't work when milled from the extra deck because an xyz monster needs to be xyz summoned in order to be revived later. Anyway, this card seems solid and good in link format because it will revive to the main monster zone. I also like the fact that you can choose which card to attach so you can re-use something like Dandelion if you wanted. May I script and add this to YGO pro? You will be credited as the original designer.

Actually it won't work when milled from the extra deck because an xyz monster needs to be xyz summoned in order to be revived later. Anyway, this card seems solid and good in link format because it will revive to the main monster zone. I also like the fact that you can choose which card to attach so you can re-use something like Dandelion if you wanted.

Haven't considered Dandelion (mostly because you'd be using Level 4s, but who knows; maybe there's some Link or Synchros in there, too). And yeah; that was my intention. In the new format, I wanted to make an Xyz Monster that wouldn't just be a 1-off. A Synchro or Fusion may come back, but a lot of Xyz monsters are dependent on Xyz Materials to use their effects.

May I script and add this to YGO pro? You will be credited as the original designer.

Go right ahead. And thank you.

Actually it won't work when milled from the extra deck because an xyz monster needs to be xyz summoned in order to be revived later. Anyway, this card seems solid and good in link format because it will revive to the main monster zone. I also like the fact that you can choose which card to attach so you can re-use something like Dandelion if you wanted.

Ah, you are right, it has to be Summoned properly first, that's a bummer xD

Yeah, being able to re-attach any card is a cool perk. It can make certain cards "re-float" like Nyarla+Arc Light did in Nekroz. And this card can work with Spell/Traps, too!

Archived