Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[AGM] Crystal-Eyes archetype (Custom Archetype)

- - - - - AGM Dragon Crystal-Eyes Yes we still use tags Custom Archetype Pendulum Xyz Synchro Legacy

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry Trans Girl

• Advanced Members
  • 679 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:02 PM
  • Discord:5ēbì☆€√äløπ#5097
  • Alias:Kyumi Niusuki
So I got accepted into the AGM, and I was already working on this archetype. So I figured, why not make these little guys my first AGM archetype?

These guys are Dragon_type LIGHT Pendulum monsters, that focus on doing all sorts of things. Actually, as I write this, I'm not even sure what their main focus is. This archetype idea came from my "Create a Pendulum Monster Game" thread, where Sakura made the prompt for the first monster, and then it spiraled into a lot more of these guys being born in the same thread. I liked them so much, I decided to make more of them to make them an actual archetype. Here they are:

Monsters

Spells

Traps

Extra Deck Monsters

These are finally done! I have spent a long time trying to get these guys done, and I like them they way they are now. Let me know what you think!

"Purgatory is a sad place anyway..."

My Archetypes:

The Users I look up to as a Mentor:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

vla1ne

vla1ne

Edited for spelling errors.

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:37 AM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

...well, i can tell you've taken a lot of time to write out this archetype, and so i'll be commenting here as a placeholder, to remind me to review upon attaining freetime (24 hours tops)

the review will be spread out over sections, since one large post would simply be overwhelming, so 3-4 cards per review, every 2-3 days (as time allows) will be around what you can expect once i get going. concluded by an overall review once i get the bits and pieces together.

please wait warmly as i prepare reviews.

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 679 posts
Will do, but keep in mind I still have a few more cards to add before I'm finished. Just things like New synchro, Xyz, and Spells/Traps. The monsters are done.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 679 posts

Posting to declare that they are officially finished!

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
    Last Visit Aug 16 2018 05:12 AM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

Before anything, wtf is this

Crystal-Eyes Dragon
LIGHT - Level 7 Dragon/Effect - ATK/2400 DEF/2200 (this is the AGM format that Draconus has been telling us to use)
You’re discarding your opponent’s ENTIRE HAND.
KYUMI WTF. You can do this on turn 1 and your opponent just doesn’t get to play Yugioh unless they have hand traps. Seriously people go through 30 cards in their Deck to Summon 3 Psy-Framelord Omegas, a Trish, and something else to get rid of your opponent’s entire hand, and that isn’t even as good as this card. Seriously I could just run this in anything, have Foolish Burial and Call of the Haunted, wipe the opponent’s hand ON THEIR TURN, and then you can just casually have a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon that for some reason specifies Main Phase when that’s the only time a OPT effect can activate anyway (unless it’s a Quick-play or a trigger-like).

Anyway, Chaos Emperor Dragon was banned for a reason, and that card has been banned for a LONG time. I think it got a errata and unbanned in the OCG but whatever that’s different.

A card like this should be the center of the Deck. It's the originally named Crystal-Eyes Dragon (Doesn't even have a modifier which is sad.) This card is supposed to be something that defines what the Deck is. Yes, this should've been the first card to show us, but it should've also been the card that tells us what the Deck is trying to do. It isn't even a Pendulum monster. 

My recommendation for what you should be focusing on:  I would replace the effect with some kind of gimmick that you're trying to capitalize on. You seem to have quite a bit of self Battle Phase negation, so what you could do is have cards that can give you additional Battle Phases, and have the rest of the cards say "you cannot attack during your first Battle Phase the turn you activated this effect" so you could actively avoid that condition, and then make that the point of the Deck. After doing this I would edit the Deck to capitalize on this idea, rather making 80% of the effects be pretty good consistency effects but negate your first Battle Phase somehow, or contribute to getting a second Battle Phase (perhaps the Field Spell can just give you an additional Battle Phase but you can't attack during the first Battle Phase).

I might review this, but there’s a lot to review and a lot of problems to cover. I would rather you first off fix some of the more obvious problems first, but at the moment I’m working on an archetype and a game project in college at the moment so probably at best a week from now.

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,513 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Just so we're clear, you DO NOT have to use Draco's format in archetype threads; that is only a requirement for the generics thread [which this is not]. If Draco tries to enforce that rule outside the generics, I will deal with him accordingly (you can figure out what this means). 

But other than the above, Radiation Dragon and Realization Dragon both need hard nerfs. 

Radiation is a Level 4 with boss level stats that also kills stuff. If this were a Level 7, then you'd be fine. IDK if this was typo (because 4 and 7 are close to each other on standard keyboard), but fix this. If it was intentional, you need to lower the stats by a third. 

Realization is breaking the Level 4 stat barrier without having a drawback. Right now, it's too good and really, the same could be said for the ED. Yeah, they require specific monsters, but then you are breaking a few stat standards (if these were 3-mat Xyz, then you could get away with the stats).

Crystal-Eyes Dragon
LIGHT - Level 7 Dragon/Effect - ATK/2400 DEF/2200 (this is the AGM format that Draconus has been telling us to use)
KYUMI WTF. You can do this on turn 1 and your opponent just doesn’t get to play Yugioh unless they have hand traps. Seriously people go through 30 cards in their Deck to Summon 3 Psy-Framelord Omegas, a Trish, and something else to get rid of your opponent’s entire hand, and that isn’t even as good as this card. Seriously I could just run this in anything, have Foolish Burial and Call of the Haunted, wipe the opponent’s hand ON THEIR TURN, and then you can just casually have a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon that for some reason specifies Main Phase when that’s the only time a OPT effect can activate anyway (unless it’s a Quick-play or a trigger-like).

Anyway, Chaos Emperor Dragon was banned for a reason, and that card has been banned for a LONG time. I think it got a errata and unbanned in the OCG but whatever that’s different.

A card like this should be the center of the Deck. It's the originally named Crystal-Eyes Dragon (Doesn't even have a modifier which is sad.) This card is supposed to be something that defines what the Deck is. Yes, this should've been the first card to show us, but it should've also been the card that tells us what the Deck is trying to do. It isn't even a Pendulum monster. 

My recommendation for what you should be focusing on:  I would replace the effect with some kind of gimmick that you're trying to capitalize on. You seem to have quite a bit of self Battle Phase negation, so what you could do is have cards that can give you additional Battle Phases, and have the rest of the cards say "you cannot attack during your first Battle Phase the turn you activated this effect" so you could actively avoid that condition, and then make that the point of the Deck. After doing this I would edit the Deck to capitalize on this idea, rather making 80% of the effects be pretty good consistency effects but negate your first Battle Phase somehow, or contribute to getting a second Battle Phase (perhaps the Field Spell can just give you an additional Battle Phase but you can't attack during the first Battle Phase).

I might review this, but there’s a lot to review and a lot of problems to cover. I would rather you first off fix some of the more obvious problems first, but at the moment I’m working on an archetype and a game project in college at the moment so probably at best a week from now.

Yeah, it was errata'd and Limited in OCG, but Tewart and whoever runs KoA isn't giving it back to us yet. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts
Ruination dragon
pendulum eff  way too good, put simply, skipping battle phase isn't enough for something that can so easily toolbox, especially outside of a vacuum, where so man decks could potentially mesh with this in unexpected, and insane ways. in a deck where so many cards may actually become more useful in the grave than the hand, i'm rather wary of the effect being worthy of list attention. though it is hard opt, and 
monster eff, not sure if the wording is correct on this, fairly sure it would be: When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon a monster with the same name as the returned monster from your deck. but in either case, give that effect a hart OPT, it's already powerful enough, to be able to use it more than once in a turn (especially considering links can lead to some ignorant AF recycle tricks, and dragons in general have simply stupid levels of support)
overall, just nerf it a bit as mentioned, and the card would be fine enough.

Recreation dragon
pendulum eff well, the ability to activate the monster you add as a scale is nice, but is it needed? if it was a quick effect, i could see the value, but as is, there's no real reason to add such an effect is there?
monster eff again, the wording is kind of weird, bu before that, since you're shuffling the monster into your deck, is there even a need to make it unusable at a later point in time? you could exclude that part and it'd still be pretty good right?
overall, far more balanced than the first, and in fact needs a buff, instead of a nerf, to the monster effect to be fine.

Revival dragon: 
pendulum eff 2 things, 1) hard OPT, 2) if anything needed a second restriction, it would be this effect, it gives you two free monsters, not using the pendulum summon (at least it isn't, the way it's currently worded), 
monster eff if this was summoned via the pendulum effect, you would have 3 monsters, for no cost, and god forbid you summon the 2 copies not in the pendulum scale, you could drop a total of 4 monsters to the field, for damn near free, and do whatever you wished with them. give it a hard OPT here as well, and, i'm starting to think you'd do well to just give every monster in the deck a xenophobic clause ala cardians, to prevent too many unexpected interactions outside of the current vacuum they're in.
overall, the revival abilities are just too strong, they need some form of restriction placed on them, and said restriction should probably bean opt and a xenophobic clause. but i can see the potential, and i think they'd do some fun things when completed.
the rest, for another time. 

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 679 posts

Just so we're clear, you DO NOT have to use Draco's format in archetype threads; that is only a requirement for the generics thread [which this is not]. If Draco tries to enforce that rule outside the generics, I will deal with him accordingly (you can figure out what this means). 

But other than the above, Radiation Dragon and Realization Dragon both need hard nerfs. 

Radiation is a Level 4 with boss level stats that also kills stuff. If this were a Level 7, then you'd be fine. IDK if this was typo (because 4 and 7 are close to each other on standard keyboard), but fix this. If it was intentional, you need to lower the stats by a third. 

Realization is breaking the Level 4 stat barrier without having a drawback. Right now, it's too good and really, the same could be said for the ED. Yeah, they require specific monsters, but then you are breaking a few stat standards (if these were 3-mat Xyz, then you could get away with the stats).

Yeah, it was errata'd and Limited in OCG, but Tewart and whoever runs KoA isn't giving it back to us yet. 

Sorry, must have been a typo. It was supposed to be another level 7 boss, not a level 4 with boss stats. Will fix soon.

Crystal-Eyes Dragon

I did'nt realize how OP that would be. I will either change it to "This effect can only be activated once per duel" or "When this card is Special Summoned by a 'Crystal-Eyes' monster," that should fix the effect a bit.

Ruination dragon
pendulum eff  way too good, put simply, skipping battle phase isn't enough for something that can so easily toolbox, especially outside of a vacuum, where so man decks could potentially mesh with this in unexpected, and insane ways. in a deck where so many cards may actually become more useful in the grave than the hand, i'm rather wary of the effect being worthy of list attention. though it is hard opt, and 
monster eff, not sure if the wording is correct on this, fairly sure it would be: When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon a monster with the same name as the returned monster from your deck. but in either case, give that effect a hart OPT, it's already powerful enough, to be able to use it more than once in a turn (especially considering links can lead to some ignorant AF recycle tricks, and dragons in general have simply stupid levels of support)
overall, just nerf it a bit as mentioned, and the card would be fine enough.

Recreation dragon
pendulum eff well, the ability to activate the monster you add as a scale is nice, but is it needed? if it was a quick effect, i could see the value, but as is, there's no real reason to add such an effect is there?
monster eff again, the wording is kind of weird, bu before that, since you're shuffling the monster into your deck, is there even a need to make it unusable at a later point in time? you could exclude that part and it'd still be pretty good right?
overall, far more balanced than the first, and in fact needs a buff, instead of a nerf, to the monster effect to be fine.

Revival dragon: 
pendulum eff 2 things, 1) hard OPT, 2) if anything needed a second restriction, it would be this effect, it gives you two free monsters, not using the pendulum summon (at least it isn't, the way it's currently worded), 
monster eff if this was summoned via the pendulum effect, you would have 3 monsters, for no cost, and god forbid you summon the 2 copies not in the pendulum scale, you could drop a total of 4 monsters to the field, for damn near free, and do whatever you wished with them. give it a hard OPT here as well, and, i'm starting to think you'd do well to just give every monster in the deck a xenophobic clause ala cardians, to prevent too many unexpected interactions outside of the current vacuum they're in.
overall, the revival abilities are just too strong, they need some form of restriction placed on them, and said restriction should probably bean opt and a xenophobic clause. but i can see the potential, and i think they'd do some fun things when completed.
the rest, for another time. 

Crystal-Eyes Ruination Dragon

You forget that only a pendulum allows you to draw 1, and you have to discard a card in order to activate the effect at all, and then on top of all that, you lose your Battle Phase.

As for monster ability, I didn't know exactly how to word this, thanks for the correction. But the card has to be destroyed in order to activate this effect. Doesn't that balance it out a bit?

Crystal-Eyes Recreation Dragon

Notice how it says "You can activate it in your Pendulum Zone" let me say it again "You can". You don't have to, it could be used just to bring a card to your hand. But I see what you mean with the Quick Effect. I might change it to, "Once per turn, during either player's turn (Quick Effect)," That way it can be used on either turn.

With the Monster effect, I think I only added that for the same reason you wanted me to limit the above monster's monster effect. But, if it is unnecessary, I will remove it.

Crystal-Eyes Revival Dragon

I think it would take your Pendulum Summon, I just don't know how to word that. It was meant to essentially Pendulum Summon from the GY.

Monster effect I should probably put a "other than "Crystal-Eyes Revival Dragon" clause on him huh?

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
    Last Visit Aug 16 2018 05:12 AM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

I did'nt realize how OP that would be. I will either change it to "This effect can only be activated once per duel" or "When this card is Special Summoned by a 'Crystal-Eyes' monster," that should fix the effect a bit.

No, I mean this effect will never be not broken, unless it would be something on something as hard to Summon as Armed Dragon Catapult Cannon. No once per duels, no when this card is Special Summoned by a Crystal-Eyes, just don't have cards that discard cards from your opponent's hand, especially when that isn't even the point of the archetype.

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 679 posts
Ok. Then, I might make it's effect focus on what you had said originally. "Once per turn, during your Battle Phase, if you activated an effect that would negate your Battle Phase this turn, you can target those cards you activated with that effect, change their effect to "If you use this effect, skip your second Battle Phase after this card's activation." That say, I might be able to use it better, and it would make more sense for the archetype.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

sorry, been busy, but here we go:

Radiation Dragon

you may want to fix radiation asap to leve 7, because i almost forgot that the mistake was pointed out already.

you don't need to skip the battle phase for such an effect, it would be best if you didn't add that clause to this one. also, for some word fixing:

Once per turn, during each player's End Phase, if the monster on the turn players field, with the lowest ATK is not a "Crystal-Eyes" monster, destroy it.

not quite sure if that's 100% correct, but i believe that's how it would go. it also has the benefit of not targeting that way, so if your opponent has multiple monsters troubling you, you can possibly play it alongside other removal cards, to maximize destruction.

Retrieval Daragon

i believe you may wish to reverse the "hand to deck" to "deck to hand"  aside from that, again, outside of a vaccum, that card would be busted as hell, and probably act as a core engine in something degenerate. remember to hard OPT things like searcher effects, and probably prevent it from searching itself.

as for the monster effect, you want to say "send" not "Add" for those kinds of effects.

Rebellion Dragon

honestly, for a boss, the effect's pretty vanilla. especially since you need to send pendulum monsters from hand to the grave, a place that's always annoying to bring them back from. may as well remove the wait, and just let it attack, it's not a quitck effect, so it's not like it'll be a surprise beater during the battle phase.

Crystal-Eyes Ruination Dragon

You forget that only a pendulum allows you to draw 1, and you have to discard a card in order to activate the effect at all, and then on top of all that, you lose your Battle Phase.

As for monster ability, I didn't know exactly how to word this, thanks for the correction. But the card has to be destroyed in order to activate this effect. Doesn't that balance it out a bit?

Crystal-Eyes Recreation Dragon

Notice how it says "You can activate it in your Pendulum Zone" let me say it again "You can". You don't have to, it could be used just to bring a card to your hand. But I see what you mean with the Quick Effect. I might change it to, "Once per turn, during either player's turn (Quick Effect)," That way it can be used on either turn.

With the Monster effect, I think I only added that for the same reason you wanted me to limit the above monster's monster effect. But, if it is unnecessary, I will remove it.

Crystal-Eyes Revival Dragon

I think it would take your Pendulum Summon, I just don't know how to word that. It was meant to essentially Pendulum Summon from the GY.

Monster effect I should probably put a "other than "Crystal-Eyes Revival Dragon" clause on him huh?

drawing 1 card by discarding 1 is a surprisingly good effect outside the vaccum of the set you've created. and even within it, it's a rather powerful effect. trust me, the loss of your battle phase is almost irrelevant, because such a powerful effect will rarely be used in such a straightforward manner. 

as for the monster effect, things pepe, wavering eyes, and  metalfoes exist, among other cards. this becomes a pendulum edition, monster reborn that can trigger up to 3 times a turn, the way it's currently worded. give it a hard OPT ("you can only use this effect of ____ once per turn") and it'd be somewhat fair. sting really strong, but fair enough.

basically, if you can only add a pendulum monster on your turn, then 9.5/10 times, the "you can activate it", will be irrelevant, because that would have been the plan upon adding it, even if said clause didn't exist. only as a quick effect, would it be truly a worthy and unique addition. this monster effect merely sends it you your deck, with nothing extra, so there's no need to add any real restrictions besides the standard OPT clause. the first one could possibly loop 3+ times a turn with no OPT, and with the ability to summon off of it, there's a very real danger of making it broken, which is why i was harsh, this effect though, has no such danger.

really, if the pendulum effect were "once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control another "Crystal-eyes" card in your Pendulum Zone, you can target up to 2 "Crystal-Eyes" monsters in your GY with different names, whose Levels are between your Pendulum Scale(exclusive), Special Summon them." it'd be good to go.

as for the monster effect, a hard OPT would make it good enough, as it is, you can use multiple copies in a turn, and seeing as many of the monsters are already pendulum, that'd be far too far overboard.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

been a bit, but haven't forgotten.

Retro Dragon

Pendulum Eff: the pendulum effects are nice, they need some word work imo, but they fit the bill well enough.

Monster Eff: as for the monster effect, throwing a scale 8 negates every link monster in the game right now, and shuts out just about any rank deck that even remotely matters at the moment. either way, it's a strong effect for a pendulum monster, but i don't think it's too bad. it's weak enough to be killed off by most monsters with any meat on their bones.

Realization Dragon 

Pendulum Eff: the OPT seems to be a hard OPT, but it's not written like one, so that may be an issue, but i'm not too sure right now, either way, the effect isn't too powerful so even as a non OPT, it's just a standard MST that gets better against other pendulum decks. the burn's pretty small, but it could build well enough. 

Monster Eff:2100 ATK on a level 4 pendulum monster, with no restrictions? well, not sure if that's too high, or if i'm behind the powercreep times, the mirroring effects are something i really like as well. aside from the ATK, the monster itself seems pretty well made.

Crystal-Eyes Dragon

Monster Eff: well, it's nice, but it needs something else. it's good enough as it is if you don't know what to add, but also, this monster right here is one of those reasons why i was a gainst your first few monsters having such powerful effects, it allows you to circumvent the drawbacks, and other things outside the vaccum would also be able to take serious advantage of them. good enough card here though.

Reasonable Dragon

Pendulum Eff: As somebody who loves gambling with their plays (I run cup of ace in many of my decks, if you want to know just how much i like to make risky plays) this pendulum effect resonates deeply with me. there's probably something to criticize, here, but my inner gambler won't let me.

Monster Eff: ...have you ever read the card 'Reasoning'? this is arguably the exact same effect, with just a minor restriction. i'd say limit the cards you search, like: Excavate the top 4 cards of your deck, and if there is a monster there that is not the declared level, you can special summon it, banish the remaining cards. maybe not that exact thing, but reasoning was limited for a very good reason.

Rhetorical Dragon

Pendulum Eff & Monster Eff: basically dual spinning? i'm cool with that. 

alright, i'll address the rest of the monsters in a few days. so far the stuff measures up fairly well. not sure what the endgame is for them, but i'd say toolboxing in various ways, so mostly combo oriented.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

alright, took me long enough, 5 damn days shut up me  but taking it from where i left off:

Maiden

Monster Eff: if i were to give you any advice, i would say add "Negate that attack" to the summoning effect, that way you can save her once and keep a monster on the field, also it makes her a 1 card wall for 4 attacks (1)the opt battle immunity, 2)the attack negation, 3)the other monster summoned 4)after all that is broken past, she'd still be there on the field) she's still weak to effect removal, but with that much battle immunity, plus reviving another, possibly stronger monster, she's still worth adding a copy of to the deck. i would have an issue with her tutoring out any monster in the deck, but since it's only if your opponent attacks her (and considering the vast amount of ways to walk right past that problem) i'd say it's fairly balanced as-is.

Guardian

Monster Eff: He'd be a lot better as a hand trap. that way you have an easy way to summon him, but you'd have the advantage of granting immunity to a monster should you choose not to. 

Paladin

Monster Eff: gonna want to limit that damage doubling to monster battles. a direct hit from this, with the regular crystal eyes dragon would be 5k, over halfway to an OTK on it's own. also, this one probably needs a hard OPT. similar to honest, triggering multiples of this for 1-3 monsters would be insane.

Ranger

Monster Eff: that's still insane, as i said above, you can hit for a potential 5k off of just the boss monster, that's a strike and a warning away, and that's assuming you haven't hit them even once prior. either halve any damage done by this effect, or make paladin apply only to monster battles.

overall good stuff. the monsters have their fair share of problems, many of them being related to just how often they can use their effects, or how general their effects would be outside of the vacuum called Advanced Cards & Custom Archetypes. going by just the monsters, with a few of those limits placed properly, the deck would be a strong toolbox with very good boss monsters backing it.

next up will be the spells and traps, which i'll get to either tomorrow night or Thursday.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

Cover: For this card, i'd say give it another condition. say, only while you have no monsters on the field. Otherwise it's just a quickplay reborn that buffs the monster summoned and protects you from everything. has to have at least one negative to it or it'll summon just baout every monster in the deck and summarily buff them for a turn.

Cove: wtf? banishing cards in your opponent's hand is insanely good, and this could literally wipe out said hand in one shot for what could be argued, is no cost at all.  either remove the effect entirely, or only hit the field, and even then, it should probably be limited to monsters. sure having it leave the field when a monster is destroyed is a setback, but you remember vanities emptiness? 

Connection: really doesn't need to be a qickplay spell, and it toolboxes from everywhere for what again, amounts to no real cost at all. even as a normal spell this would be insanely good. sets scales, and can later take a monster from just about anywhere and recycle it. needs a nerf badly, but honestly, i don't even know what to hit right now besides the quickplay symbol. maybe prevent you from, or limit you to pendulum summons for the turn.

Copy: no need for the "and only once that turn" on cards that have the hard OPT, it already has a hard OPT. The "And only once that turn" is mainly for cards that have multiple effects all tied to the same condition which ours don't actually have. also, milling a card to return the card to deck, is the part that you should probably be giving the other hard OPT to. lastly, removing the quickplay would reduce the risk of this being broken anyways, it doesn't really need it to do it's job.

Cycling: similar issues to aforementioned cards. the milling, possibly the quickplay,  and the hard OPT , other than that, good enough.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

Replica Dragon

honestly, no need to make it not a trap, but that's still cool. the summon effect is good, so it can double wall, but as far as how it activates, you can afford to make the conditions slightly less... cramped. waiting for an attack, on a trap monster, is just about asking to be pummeled into the ground during your wait. i'd say you're better off making it trigger when a "Crystal-eyes" monster is destroyed by battle or by an opponents' card effect. still somewhat restrictive conditions, but this way you have a lot more room to use it. purely optional change though.

Reaction

well, remove the "then" and make it a counter trap, and you'll be good. the only other thing i'd say might be good t change would be switching from "when this card is sent to the GY, you can send the top card of your Deck to the GY, shuffle this card into your Deck." to "If this card is sent to the GY, you can send the top card of your Deck to the GY, shuffle this card into your Deck." that way you can't miss timing. also, in either case, probably best to give that kind of effect a hard OPT, since milling for days is something that we don't need too much more of in this game.

Rush

it feels like the wording is off, but that's not my best area regarding pendulums, so that's fine with me, but instead of making the pop generic, you should restrict that to "Crystal-Eyes" monsters, or, if you want to keep it generic, then switch from "Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can destroy 1 card In your Pendulum Zone, then draw 1 card." to "Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can destroy 1 card In your Pendulum Zone, then, if that card was a "Crystal-Eyes monster" draw 1 card." also, another card that will need a hard OPT on the effect, otherwise you can drop 3 of these, and draw 3 a turn from this alone, and then gain whatever floating effects your popped cards might have on top of that. that's just too much plus for pendulum, even with the link rules.

Road

...have you ever heard of lightsworns? the way your card is now, LS would hit T0 immediately after activation (taking it out of the vaccum for context, but hopefully you get the point). trap or no, that's just too much power in the design. if you want to keep it, both restrict it to "Crystal-Eyes" monsters, and make it only work on one monster sent per mill. depending on the level of restriction, probably also remove the extra search, it's good enough with just the first effect, the second is just overkill.

alright, i'll hit the ED monsters next, and bundle the overall opinion with that post. see you soon!

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

been a bit, and i must apologize, i'll be reviewing the first half here, and the 2nd half tomorrow with the final draft for the overall opinion. sorry it's taking so long, just had a bit more to deal with than i thought irl. but enough about that:

Recycle Dragon: 

Pendulum eff: I'm hesitant about that effect, but i suppose it's on a monster that has to be summoned and then destroyed, to be properly used. so it's cool after factoring cost of resources

Monster eff: ...it will never be in your hand... aside from that, you could just say it's always "crystal-eyes dragon" like the rest of them. the destrution effect is a bit over the top, since it mills and kills at the same time. may want to add either a no attack, or the no BP effect to this one if anything.

Reigning Dragon: 

that's up to 5 cards during BP (you only need one, but even still, if you can send them, why wouldn't you?), as a BP effect on an ED monster, it's slower in general by design, but i still can't help but think a once per turn, not a hard OPT, just a regular one, might be for the best on this thing.

Rythmic Dragon: 

2700 on a 2-mat r4 Xyz? might want to lower that just a bit. it kind of pushes the bounds of ATK values.other than that, general protection, with searching abilities isn't bad. though the search might best be limited to once per turn, before i think up some convoluted loop that i can pull off using this.

Reduction Dragon

again, a r7 Xyz with only 2 mats and 3400 ATK, kind of pushes the boundaries, but this one comes with that damage reduction, and the effect isn't anything too groundbreaking either, so it gets a pass imo. it pushes a bit to far in ATK power, but the effect isn't OP or anything, so for now, it's good, 

Ravaging Dragon

honestly, i like this cards balance the most, the ATK makes sense on a Lv 9, with such specific costs, and while the first effect really does hit an insane amount of cards, and should likely restrict anybody but him from attacking the turn you do so, but outside of that, i like it. the second effect should say target a monster, not a card, but that's the only real issue i see with it.

ok, gotta sleep for now, but the last 2 are coming tomorrow after work, so around 9-10 pm. look forward to it.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

vla1ne

vla1ne

• Elite Members
  • 3,594 posts

Requiem Dragon

Pendulum eff: the summon restriction is understandable, the rfresh though, is a bit strong imo. but as with the last one, to get said effect, you'd need to have summoned it, ad had it destroyed, so it withstands scrutiny.

Monster eff: The ATK is incredibly high for a r2, especially for a pendulum monster. the only other precedent for that power, as far as i can recall, is anomoalocaris, who requires 3 materials. so i'd say lower the attack power a bit, or increase the material requirement. especially considering thismonster has some rather decent effects, both of which boost ATK already.

Recharge Dragon

funny enough, as the r4, he's weaker than the r2 monster. but aside from that, more generic boosting, with an added revive effect. alright. he's pretty standard monster on hs own, so there's not too much to say on the topic.

Final Thoughts: the entire archetype, has no idea what it wants to be, and that's fine, but you have a lot of things in this archetype that posess busted effects, under the quise of limits, and while i can appreciate placing limits on busted effects, you also have, within the same set, cards that circumvent said weaknesses, making the rstrictions of said monsters useless, and breaking them design wise. you break a few conventional rules of card creation, some for the better, others for worse, and that's interesting enough as far as review material goes. you have to start thinking about interactions outside of the vacuum of design though, there are a ton of cards in the monsters alone, that could be used to create, or extend generic variants of FTK's and OTK's. i doubt you wish for your cards to contribute to such a gametate, so i'd advice keeping balance more in mind. also, while not too much of a problem, the sheer amount of cards within it can dissuade reviewers, so i'd advise making sets a little smaller in the future.. not that you cannot have such a large collection of monsters spells and traps in an archetype, but when you have so many, with so many of them doing so many different things, in so many different places, you kind of lose the focus of said archetype. go for it if you wish, but remember to try tying them together, with something, be it theme, like six samurai, gimmicks, like crystal beast, or costs, like lightsworns. you have that down, somewhat, but it never really felt as if they were tied together by anything, you could see the attempts here and ther, but then you'd get to something else in the set, that just didn't match the plan i thought was there. nice for mixing things up, but bad for making coherent archetypes that aren't abused as engines in other decks. if you're designig in a vaccum, or with a specific era in mind, that's not a ad thing, but here, i don't think that was your aim.

thank you for sticking that out with me. it was an interesting set, and i hope to see it improved upon one day.

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 679 posts

I will try to approve upon these when i have the chance. I hardly ever have the time, but I will try. I want to thank you for taking the time to review every last one of these, I know it was a lot of work. TBH, this was one of the archetypes I made that really had no purpose to it... that's kinda why you were unable to find the main reason for their effects. But, if you would like to see one I made with a purpose, Check out these. I made those guys as a Synchro based archetype because I went against someone who could Synchro ladder 5 times in one turn, and it inspired me. I'm also having art drawn for them! They would be a better exampole of what I can do when I am actually trying to make something great. But, enough about them. I will try later to make these guys balanced and improved where you said they would need to be, and once again, thank you for your hard work.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users