The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2017!

The Mayor

wVyFm4K.png

KR6cVkK.png

ZqpLSK3.jpg

Greetings, members of the forum! You can call me The Mayor!

Have you ever wondered why we celebrate Halloween? You would think people would try to avoid being scared, and yet we love it!

It is simple, really! As long as it gets our blood (or lack thereof) pumping, we can't help but smile!

And so, this wonderful holiday season, I invite you all to visit Halloweentown with me!

AAAOEDT.gif

KR6cVkK.png

[spoiler=This Year's Rules!]• This year, like the last, there will be 20 monsters! However, this time around, the host of the event will have his own monster, beyond the boss monster account you see here! This is for no reason beyond him not wanting to choose between hosting and participating.
• Sign up right here in this thread! This will be first-come first-serve, so don't wait up! After you make your post in this thread, you have 72 hours to PM my main account or this one with your plan for your monster! If there is no PM, you will be taken off the list when the 72 hours are up!
• Once again like last year, the minimum requirement to have a monster account is 1000 posts. Additionally, if you had a monster account a previous year and were not able to remain active, we ask that you do not sign up this year.
• Make sure to keep your identity a secret! While this event is no longer just "guess who is who" and anonymity is not the number 1 priority, some people prefer the mystery preserved, so stay in-character and don't kill the illusion!
• Make sure to stay active! If you go a few days without activity, you will receive notice from... someone, maybe me, and if you don't shape up you will be kicked out of the event!
• Since these are still alt accounts, make sure not to vote in any contests or polls, unless they specify monsters may vote!
• In regards to monster duels, they will be included within the event, but their system and rules will be handled by Black, rather than myself! I simply can't be bothered with it all!

[spoiler=Halloweentown Carnival!]

ibkQacj.jpg

As far as I am concerned, this is the truly exciting part of the event this year! Each of the monsters this year, or at least, all the monsters with a sense of fun, will have a thread in a special section dedicated specifically to this event! Each of these threads will be some kind of game, in which the monster awards tickets to members who participate!

Now, each of these threads is going to be quite different! Some of them will be easy, while others could require hours of thought and effort to get anything out of! Similarly, the ticket payout will vary from thread to thread. Now, you may be wondering, "But Mayor, how will they be fair amounts?" and I have two answers for that! The first is that none of this is fair! Don't expect anything from this event other than the unexpected! The second is that each monster who chooses to participate in the Halloweentown Carnival will spend the weeks leading up to the event discussing with me exactly how to make their games work best!

Of course, the only question left is "what on Earth are tickets?" You see, when the event finishes on the first of November, all the tickets each member has will be converted directly into points, at a rate of 500 per ticket! Those of you doing the math at home are probably saying "Jeez, Mr Mayor, that could be an awful lot of points" and I say that's the point! It is never a good party without some inflation!

But don't assume that's all that tickets are good for! As the event progresses, you will find more and more uses for this imaginary currency!

[spoiler=Monster Hunting!]• As in previous years, members may hunt for the identities of monsters! However, due to popular demand after last year's event, it has been decided that this will not be the primary focus of the event!
• Instead, it will contribute to this year's main event, the Halloweentown Carnival!
• If you manage to correctly guess the identity of a monster, you will be awarded with 5 tickets. Since these tickets can be turned in at the end of the event for points, each correct monster guess amounts to 2500 points! This means that if you figure out all 20 monsters, you get 50,000 points, more than enough to buy yourself your own member group!
• Guesses can be turned in to this account each day. You may make up to five guesses per day, and on Halloween you may make a guess for every single monster you have not yet identified!
• Though I wish I did not have to mention this, if anyone is found to be sharing the identities of monsters, either in private or public, they will be excluded from the rest of this year's event, and potentially barred from participating in future site events.

• Boss Monster accounts are excluded from this hunt, due to not counting toward the original monster count!

Bdyxyog.png The 2017 Halloween Masquerade will begin on October 17th, at midnight Pacific Time (UTC-8)

The 2017 Halloween Masquerade will end November 2nd, at midnight Pacific Time (UTC-8)

[spoiler=Members Signed Up]1. Me.
2. MetalSonic
3. Black
4. Enguin
5. Saiku
6. ~British Soul~
7. Chaos Sonic
8. Yui
9. GarlandChaos
10. Zaiduck
11. Speedroid
12. The Nyx Avatar
13. ~Faytl~
14. The Amazing Avian
15. Kazooie
16. Tesability Black
17. Broken
18. Moog
19. Striker
20. Polaris

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, sorry, now I'm uncertain. Am I allowed to participate or not?

I'm using the wrong account, but whatever.

Sorry, but not this year, no. Due to you dropping last year you are excluded from having a monster account this time around. There is still plenty of fun to be had in the event though, interacting with the various monsters, participating in their games, and doing the cooperative activities I have planned for the 2 weeks.

Archived