The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2017!

The Mayor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lucky or unlucky 13 members are now on the roster! There are a few other people in this thread who have expressed interest, but don't forget that you won't be locked in to the list until my main account has received a PM expressing your plans for the event! Even if details still need to be hashed out, get that PM in, people! These PMs are important for planning the event and making everything run smoothly!

As for anyone else who may want to join in on the fun, make sure to sign up! Before it's too late!

can i join

You need 1000 posts to do so, right now, you currently have less than half that amount. 

This does exclude a few of you who've been here a while and are relatively active, but limit's in place because issues with lower post members did occur in the past (i.e. they don't show up and having to drag in substitute monsters to fill in gaps). If you have concerns with this limit, take it up with Giga. 

====

Also another thing that wasn't mentioned on the OP, but should be standard fare otherwise. 

Any warn points that monsters get during the event will be summed and given to your main accounts at the end of the event. So please behave yourselves while in a monster form.

The limit is not to ensure they will stick with the event. Many of the members who dropped out previous years were well above 1000. The limit is so that the involved members are well-known to the community, making them more recognizable in the monster hunt. This was specified in OP.

Additionally, it acts as a sort of reward for those who have contributed large amounts to the sections where post count is enabled. If you want to be able to participate next year, just be active on the forum. It isn't difficult to reach 1000 posts, and preventing members who have only been around for a few months having monster accounts is a feature, not a bug.

Furthermore, just because one cannot make a monster account does not mean they are excluded. From monster duels, to this year's carnival, to simply enjoying the presence of the monsters for the few weeks they are here, you don't need to be a monster to have fun with this event.

So, to say it here so I don't have to say it again, the 1000 post minimum requirement for this year's masquerade will not be removed, nor modified, and there will be no exceptions made.

I feel like that 1000 post rule is way too restrictive. How many active members have that many posts?

Almost all.

What if someone technically should have that many posts but don't because the posts in Miscellaneous don't count for no reason?

Misc is a shitpost section with no regulation. That is the reason the posts don't count. I don't know why you have even brought this up given the most recent post is:

the 1000 post minimum requirement for this year's masquerade will not be removed, nor modified, and there will be no exceptions made.

I feel like that 1000 post rule is way too restrictive. How many active members have that many posts? What if someone technically should have that many posts but don't because the posts in Miscellaneous don't count for no reason?

20 people participated last year with the same restrictions, as did the year prior. I fail to see how this is a problem.

Misc is a shitpost section with no regulation. That is the reason the posts don't count. I don't know why you have even brought this up given the most recent post is:

I've also seen plenty who have less than ever 500, aside from myself. And yes, I know they're not changing it this year, but what about next year?

20 people participated last year with the same restrictions, as did the year prior. I fail to see how this is a problem.

It's not a problem for people who fit that criteria, obviously, but it excludes members who have been around for a while and are active regularly. I remember being told once that the 1000 post requirement is to show "hey we know this guy, and he's been around for a while." What if said person is known all over the forums and has been here for 3 years, but has only 800 posts? (Please note that I’m not referring to myself.)

That isn't under my control, and is completely irrelevant at this time.

Please use this event's thread for discussion of this event.

A suggestion thread will be posted after the event has finished, in about a month.

All right.

And btw British, it says that's for this year.

will not be removed, nor modified, and there will be no exceptions made.

Pretty sure that answers your question. It's not like it's difficult to understand that this applies to the future as well.

Sorry about the tone here.

Alright, Hiroshi, now it just sounds like you're throwing a fit.

Wanna join in next year? Post in more than just the Misc section.

My posts are almost exclusively from the RP section, and I made it to that point.

I simply noticed that there are some flaws with the system. I'm completely fine with not participating this year.

Also, I'd like to note that you've been a member for far longer than me, meaning you've also had more time to accumulate posts.

I'm done discussing here. Have a good day/night.

Archived