Monster Duels 2017

Blake

yheBXc1.png

Welcome, humans, to All Hallow's Eve 2017. In this festival of mayhem, trickery, and destruction, I, Z-ARC, seek only one thing.

To entertain.

However, the rules have changed. Now there are rules in place to prevent my return, these so-called... Link Monsters. Despite these attempts, I have risen, and for this upcoming month of October... I will have power to circumvent these rules.

I have empowered 6 Field Spells, turning them into Action Field Spells. These will be unremovable fields that give both players an effect(s), while empowering the methods of summoning. They are:

The Seal of Orichalcos
Fusion Recycling Plant

Starlight Junktion

Xyz Territory

Dueltaining

Castle Link

Each monster will be given access to one of these field spells. They will come into effect at the beginning of the duel, and they cannot be removed. Their effects have been altered, in the interest of entertaining the fickle masses, so do give them a read.

And before I forget... I am also a special card. Monsters are not allowed to summon me... But a human who calls upon my power will be rewarded handsomely.

Let the carnage begin!

[spoiler=Rules and Information]
The Monster Duels will start on October 17th, same day as the Halloween Event. All games are to be played on Dueling Book, in singles format.

A player may only challenge any given monster up to 2 times, only once per day.

Defeating a monster on the first try will reward you 7 tickets. Defeating a monster on the second try will reward you 3 tickets.You may only claim this reward once per monster. Send me a PM that includes that monster for confirmation.

Monsters will stick to a single deck, but players may switch decks between games.

I suggest that you copy/paste the edited Field Effects into the chat at the beginning of each game, so that you don't lose forget.

[spoiler=Info for/about Monsters]To join the event, send me a PM in your Monster Account. I know that you won't have access to them at this time, but use this time to be mindful. 

Do not PM me in your regular account, because I do not know which monster is which.

I will be accepting a maximum of 10 monsters for this event.

When the time does come, send a picture (preferably with a written list) of your deck on Dueling Book, stating which Action Field you choose to take.

When building your deck, have the Action Field Spell of choice be in addition to your normal deck size. This does mean your deck has an effective maximum of 59 cards.

Monsters who are interested in participating, make an account on DuelingBook with the following naming scheme.

YCMonster_[namehere]

For example

YCMonster_Flowey
YCMonster_SimonKeyes
etc.

[spoiler=Action Field Spells and change to Z-ARC][These are tentative. They may be changed before the event begins. The ability to summon to Main Monster Zones will not change.]

The Seal of Orichalcos
Action Field Spell

All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You cannot control more than 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link monster. During a player's Battle Phase, if their opponent has 2 or more monsters, the turn player may only select the monster with the highest ATK as an attack target. 

Fusion Recycling Plant
Action Field Spell
Both players can use this card's effects. Both players can Fusion Summon to a Main Monster Zone once per turn. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was used as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon this turn; add it to your hand.

Starlight Junktion
Action Field Spell
Both players can use this card's effects. Both players can Synchro Summon to a Main Monster Zone once per turn. Once per duel: You can Tribute 1 Tuner monster; Special Summon 1 "Synchron" monster from your Deck with a different Level than the Tributed monster had on the field. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, if you Special Summon a Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck: Target 1 card on the field; shuffle it into the Deck.

Xyz Territory
Action Field Spell
Both players can use this card's effects. Both players can Xyz Summon to a Main Monster Zone once per turn. When an Xyz Monster battles another monster, that Xyz Monster gains 200 ATK & DEF x its Rank, during damage calculation only.

Dueltaining
Action Field Spell
Both players can Pendulum Summon as many monster from the Extra Deck as possible to the Main Monster Zones, but each monster summoned to a Main Monster Zone this way must have a different level. For each player, the first time they do each of the following per turn, they draw 2 cards.
● Special Summon 5 or more monsters with different Levels at the same time.
● 1 monster they control battles 5 times.
● Activate a card or effect as Chain Link 5 or higher.
● Roll 1 six-sided die, or toss a coin, 5 times.
● Take damage that made their LP 500 or less.

Castle Link
Action Field Spell
Both players can use this card's effects. Once per turn: You can target 1 Link Monster on the field; move it to a Main Monster Zone it points to on its controller's field. Once per turn: You can switch the locations of 2 Link Monsters in your Main Monster Zones or 2 Link Monsters in your opponent's Main Monster Zones.

Supreme King Z-ARC
Both Monster and Pendulum Effects now include: "If there are 3 or more Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monsters in either player's Graveyard or banished: You can Special Summon Dragon and Spellcaster monsters from your Extra Deck to your Main Monster Zones, as if they were Extra Monster Zones."

Pendulum Effect now includes: "If this card is placed in your Pendulum Zone, you can add 1 "Supreme Rage" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand."

[spoiler=Monster Participants]

Flavius

Heavy Weapons Guy

Blocked

Destiny HERO - Malicious

Erma

TBD

Link to Main Event

What banlist are we allowed to use? Is it just TCG or can I play OCG if I prefer that cardpool for a deck concept? Obviously unrated DB lets TCG banlist users and OCG banlist users duel against each other, but I just wanted to check that you'd accept a decklist that was legal under the OCG banlist even if it wasn't under the TCG's.

• 2 weeks later...

The event begins soon, so time for an update.

Monsters who are interested in participating, make an account on DuelingBook with the following naming scheme.

YCMonster_[namehere]

For example

YCMonster_Flowey

YCMonster_SimonKeyes

etc.

Send me your account name with your deck, when you apply from your monster account.

Monsters will be able to use cards up through Extreme Force. This means cards on DuelingBook by the day the halloween event starts.

Non-monsters can use cards that are put up after, such as Security Dragon, due to not needing to send in decklists.

Oh, silly me, didn't think about trying with other browsers, haha. Seems to work well enough on Chrome. Now I just have to catch up with the latest YGO trends and build a deck. "DN banlist" and the latest cards are allowed, right? That means I have to tinker with the new Link reveals. I assume only monsters have access to the Action Fields, as well.

Are stuff like SPYRALs truly allowed? Because then I feel the duels may get boring if the monsters can't catch up with them.

Polaris defeated Heavy. *flips table*

I've just accepted his challenge myself and we're about to commence. I'll avenge you Heavy! 

EDIT: Never mind, lost this one. It wasn't in the cards this time after all. 

Oh, silly me, didn't think about trying with other browsers, haha. Seems to work well enough on Chrome. Now I just have to catch up with the latest YGO trends and build a deck. "DN banlist" and the latest cards are allowed, right? That means I have to tinker with the new Link reveals. I assume only monsters have access to the Action Fields, as well.

Are stuff like SPYRALs truly allowed? Because then I feel the duels may get boring if the monsters can't catch up with them.

Yes, stuff like SPYRALs is allowed, but cards like those and the mighty Destiny Heroes are available to us monsters as well - plus we have Action Fields that activate from our deck as an advantage that allows us an additional extra deck monster.  

Archived