pikachu's family(written)

Benachu666

this is my attempt at making pokemon yugioh cards. 

pichu 

lv;3 attribute; light

type; thunder, sub type; pokemon

atk; 900 def; 500

effect; When this monster attacks a aqua or winged-beast type or water monster; double this monsters ATK until the end of the damage step of that battle. If this monster battles a earth monster; this monsters ATK becomes 0 until end of the damage step. After this monster battles a monster; flip a coin, if heads; that monster can't attack, change its battle position or activate its effects until the end of the next turn. Once per turn; you may search your deck for a Pokemon monster and add it to your hand(you can't attack with this monster the same turn you use this effect). During your main phase 1; tribute this monster to special summon 1 ''Pikachu'' from your hand or deck(You can't use this effect if you used this cards other effects this turn).

pikachu

lv;4 attribute; light

atk; 1300 def; 800

effect; When this monster attacks a aqua or winged-beast type or water monster; double this monsters ATK until the end of the damage step of that battle. If this monster battles a earth monster; this monsters ATK becomes 0 until end of the damage step. After this monster battles a monster; flip a coin, if heads; that monster can't attack, change its battle position or activate its effects until the end of the next turn. if this monster was specail summoned by a ''Pichu'' monster effect; once per turn; discard a light monster from your deck and equip it to this card as an equip card. This monster gains 300 ATK for each card equipped to this card by this cards effect. During the end phase, if this monster battled this turn; you may send this monster from the field to the GY to special summon 1 ''raichu'' from your deck or hand; equip all cards equiped o this card by this cards effect to the summoned ''Riachu''.

raichu 

lv;5 attribute; light

atk; 1900 def; 1300

effect; When this monster attacks a aqua or winged-beast type or water monster; double this monsters ATK until the end of the damage step of that battle. If this monster battles a earth monster; this monsters ATK becomes 0 until end of the damage step. After this monster battles a monster; flip a coin, if heads; that monster can't attack, change its battle position or activate its effects until the end of the next turn. once per turn; you may discard 1 light monster from your deck and equip it to this card. this card gains 500 ATK for each card equipped to it by the ''Pikachu'' monster's or this cards effect. 

please don't hold back on criticism also hope i am getting better at OCG, if not sorry :). 

Let's try to clean your OCG, shall we?

General clause

When this card attacks an Aqua, Winged Beast or WATER monster, double its ATK until the end of the Damage Step. When this card battles an EARTH monster, its ATK becomes 0 until the end of the Damage Step. After this card battles a monster: Toss a coin, then if the result was heads, that monster cannot attack, change its battle position or activate its effects until the End Phase of the next turn.

Pichu

Once per turn: You can add 1 "Pokemon" monster from your Deck to your hand. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Pikachu" from your hand or Deck. You cannot use this effect if you used this card's other effects this turn.

Pikachu

If this monster was Special Summoned by ''Pichu'', you can equip 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to this card. This card gains 300 ATK for each card equipped to this card by this effect. During the End Phase, if this monster battled this turn: You can send this monster from the field to the GY; Special Summon 1 ''Raichu'' from your Deck or hand, then equip all cards equipped by this card's effect to that Summoned monster.

Raichu

Once per turn: You can equip 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to this card. This card gains 500 ATK for each card equipped to it by either a "Pikachu" monster effect or its own effect.

=====

General clause

You get to hit on Aqua/Winged Beasts/WATERs, though all of them are certainly proficient enough to not care about them getting double boosts. It helps, but monster effects don't care about them. Also doesn't help you that EARTH is still relatively good and all of the -chu 'mons are frailer than rice paper stat-wise.

The Static effect is nice and all, but reminder that Links can't change position anyway, and the ED is certainly a thing among other laddering.

Individual effects

• Pichu: Searching effect is fine, but I don't think you need the attack restriction on it. 
  • Pikachu: You don't DISCARD monsters from the Deck; I changed it to just equip from the Deck. Other than that, suppose boosting is fine but that's all it amounts to.
  • Raichu: Just glorified Pikachu; that's about it.

=====

Of course, if you're trying to design for more in-game stuff, then yeah. But for more realistic applications, you should design Pokémon cards with an awareness of the current game. 

(This doesn't mean you actually have to design stuff for the metagame; you save that for Advanced.)

Sorry for the long reply. Thanks for the feed back. I guess the cards come off as sucky. I took the base stats of the original pokemon used a formula to find the atk and def of the cards. As for the effects, the first part is type and weakness, 2nd part draws from their in game effect and the third is the pokemon tcg card effects that i tried to remodify into yugioh(it was originally energy searching). Wells did me best ☺

Archived