ARC Legacy [Written]

Hallohallo

ARC Legacy
Normal Spell Card
For the rest of this turn, if you would Special Summon monster(s) from your Extra Deck to your Extra Monster Zone, you can Special Summon it to your Main Monster Zone instead. You cannot Special Summon Link Monsters the turn you activate this effect. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your GY and you control no monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your GY to your hand.

Tired of playing Links in the new format? Can't do old combos with the new rulings? Well look no further. ARC Legacy will solve all of your problems.

IMO you should accept and embrace the Link rules and get over this negation phase already, instead of trying to play around it :v

Besides, a card like this would only be abused by ED-but-not-Link-centric decks that are already effective at swarming with Link rules in effect, and that can easily offset the -1 that this card is. I would mention the current Pendulum Magicians, but I don't know if they would actually bother with this and/or would be an overkill card for them, but it could take other decks to broken levels.

On the other hand, I doubt the card would really help those decks that would like to ignore the Link rules, but cannot afford the -1 and/or rely too much on it since it is not directly searchable and milling it with Foolish Burial Goods would still take 1 turn to get it on the hand. Now I'm wondering what kind of decks would actually run this.

I like this card, and will also ask the AGM to add it into there.

Make sure you follow the Advanced Clause, since yeah, everyone is bound by it. But that being said, pretty sure the other kids in there voted no on it already (especially Draco), so...

====

Also a reminder to members that we do have a Legacy format tag if you want to design for ARC-V format and avoid Links. A lot of you don't use it, and it was not designed so AGM have their own format.

====

But yeah, now that Pendulums and stuff got a new zone to summon themselves to now, this can very well break a few of them by giving them that extra monster (making 6). Replying to Darj about Pendulum Magicians, I think they'd probably find some way to abuse this (even with the loss of 2 S/T zones for their Scales); well, you're returning to their pre-nerf state (banlist not included). IDK, I'm not a Magician player.

But yeah, now that Pendulums and stuff got a new zone to summon themselves to now, this can very well break a few of them by giving them that extra monster (making 6). Replying to Darj about Pendulum Magicians, I think they'd probably find some way to abuse this (even with the loss of 2 S/T zones for their Scales); well, you're returning to their pre-nerf state (banlist not included). IDK, I'm not a Magician player.

Just to let you know, in the latest TCG metagame report I watched, which included AFAIK important YCS events, Pendulum Magicians ended at the top due to the recent banlist that gave them back toys like Skullcrobat and Wavering Eyes. And they did it under Link rules. Now imagine if they could go beyond the Link rules with this card... yeah, either they consolidate their place at the top, or they don't actually need it because it's an overkill at that point.

IMO you should accept and embrace the Link rules and get over this negation phase already, instead of trying to play around it :v

NEVER!

jk. Just... pretend this is the future 40th anniversary "Legacy" support or something. :v

tbh when I was making this card, I was thinking more about Synchros and especially Quasar. In the new format, you can't really Spam Synchros like you used to and it's somewhat harder to summon Accel Synchros. Plus, Synchros have many draw power monsters (even T.G. Hyper Librarian went to 2!), so adding 1 and 2 of this doesn't really hurt the deck (You just need to have a good opening hand :3). And of course Pendulum decks could use this, since EMZ existence screws them over a bit.

So, if it's for Quasar, wouldn't it then just be asking for abuse? First turn Quasar, and even double Quasars now there is an additional Monster Zone to play with, isn't really a nice thing to face. Hyper Librarian moving to 2 makes this card even more concerning.

I think it feels too effortless at returning the game to the old format. I think it should at least still play the columns game and open up a limited amount of zones. Maybe like how Weathery do it where you get up to 3 zones around this card's place, but not back the "Pendulum 5" or "double Bahamut and double Toadally + another Extra Deck boss like Infinity".

That, and at least if it was me, it'd probably also specialize in a specific kind of Summon mechanic, like Synchros, or Fusions, or Xyzs, and depending on which, it'd depend how much it unlocks and in what ways.

I agree though, that Links shouldn't be the only way to unlock zones for Extra Deck use, and offering alternatives makes the game feel more free again. I think it's fine that Links do it inherently but they also shouldn't monopolize the concept IMO. Cards along the lines as yours should exist once in a while, although not this unrestricted.

I don't like Link Summoning, so this card is good to have. It most likely going to be banned or limited to 1, but good to have. Reason I don't like Link Summoning is because they trying to make it mandatory. All the Summoning mechanics before it were optional and was up to you if you wanted to play it or not. Now, Link Summoning could help you neutralize your opponent from making big summoning plays by limiting how many zones they can use. But to make it mandatory with the rules they have is a big no-no and make me less to play the game locally or above. For if I went, I would get disqualified in the first round every time because I will refuse to play the Link format. So back to the card, it will help those who dislike the Link format greatly. If they were to add a downside to it, when you about to add it back to your hand from your graveyard, you have to pay 1000-2000 life points as well.

Archived