[Written] Reality Rupture Archetype, Linking Ahead and Beyond

Fukato

The Reality Rupture Archetypes of humans that are trapped between the realms of reality and fantasy. They appear from small cracks in the world created by dreams of children. If they can hunt the child who dreamed them up, they can live again as a true human and continue with their lives.

The playstyle is to have control over the opponent's cards and Link Summon over and over with the ability to revive Link Monsters from the GY.

[spoiler=Monster]

Reality Rupture Dayream

LIGHT Psychic Level 1

100/300

Effect: If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If Summoned this way, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck this turn, except Link Monsters. If this card is Special Summoned from the hand: You can add 1 "Reality Rupture" monster from your Deck, then send 1 "Reality Rupture" card from your Deck to the GY. You can only use this effect of "Reality Rupture Dayream" once per turn.

Reality Rupture Luciream

DARK Psychic Level 2

600/1700

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Reality Rupture" monster from your Deck with a different Level than this card. If a "Reality Rupture" monster inflicts battle damage: You can add 1 "Reality Rupture" monster from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Reality Rupture Luciream" twice per turn.

Reality Rupture Recuream

LIGHT Psychic Level 3

1500/1300

Effect: (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Reality Rupture" monster you control and reveal 1 "Reality Rupture" monster in your hand, except "Reality Rupture Recuream"; send both this card and that target to the GY, and if you do, draw 2 cards.

Reality Rupture Nighream

DARK Psychic Level 4

1700/400

Effect: If this card is in your hand: You can add 1 "Reality Rupture" monster in your GY to your hand, except "Reality Rupture Nighream"; Special Summon this card, but you cannot activate cards and effects with the same name as the added card this turn. You can only Special Summon "Reality Rupture Nighream" once per turn this way. While this card is face-up and you control a "Reality Rupture" Link Monster, your opponent cannot Summon monsters into Main Monster Zones your Link Monsters point to.

[spoiler=Spells]

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/c4/db/02c4db2f0f2743914f3e5b913f145896.png

Reality Shift

Field Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn, if you Link Summon a "Reality Rupture" Link Monster: You can draw 1 card, then discard 1 card. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls and 1 "Reality Rupture" monster you control; send them to the GY. Each time you Link Summon a "Reality Rupture" monster into a zone that a Link Monster points to: You can banish 1 card in your opponent's GY.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d0/6f/c5/d06fc5f0a7fc4f54c477a36c290317d4--anime-scenery-digital-illustration.jpg

Reality Rupture Haven

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then activate 1 of the following effects;

·Add 1 "Reality Rupture" monster from your Deck.

·Add 1 "Reality Shift" from your Deck or GY to your hand.

http://static.zerochan.net/Feesh.full.1621428.jpg

Falling Realities

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Each time you Link Summon a "Reality Rupture" Link Monster this turn, send 1 random card from your opponent's Extra Deck to the GY. You can only activate 1 "Falling Realities" per turn.

[spoiler=Traps]

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/72/49/44/724944952614a2c747903fd6bc922c47.png

Paradigm Reality

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Link Summon 1 "Reality Rupture" Link Monster using face-up monsters you control. If you Link Summon it to a zone that a "Reality Rupture" Link Monster points to: You can discard 1 random card in your opponent's hand. You can only use 1 "Paradigm Reality" per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Reality Rupture Falsream

DARK Psychic Link-2

Link Markers: Up, Down

Effect: +2 monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Reality Rupture" Link Monster in your GY. You can only use this effect of "Reality Rupture Falsream" once per turn. If this card is used as a Link Material for a Link Summon of a "Reality Rupture" Link Monster, the Link Monster gains this card's Link Markers.

Reality Rupture Dreahealream

LIGHT Psychic Link-2

Link Markers: Up, Down-Left

"Reality Rupture" monster this card points to can attack directly. If a "Reality Rupture" monster(s) you control is destroy by battle or card effects: You can draw 1 card.

Reality Rupture Prophetiream

DARK Psychic Link-3

Link Markers: Right, Left, Up-Right

Once, while this card is co-linked: You can target 1 "Reality Rupture" Link Monster in your GY; Special Summon it. If a "Reality Rupture" monster inflicts battle damage: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Reality Rupture Prophetiream" once per turn.

Reality Rupture Lifeream

LIGHT Psychic Link-4

Link Markers: Left, Up-Left, Right, Down,

Effect: +2 "Reality Rupture" monsters

Once, while this card is Extra Linked: You can send all cards your opponent controls to the GY. "Reality Rupture" monsters this card points to gain 400 ATK, also they are unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. You can send 2 cards from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 Link-3 or lower Link Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use this effect of "Reality Rupture Lifeream" once per turn.

The concept is cool, and Psychic DARK is quite unusual, isn't it?

Reality Rupture Dayream

SS if you don't have monsters, Link restriction. If SS from hand, search a monster, then mill a RR card. Basic and fast searcher. Good start. The Link restriction is appreciated too.

Reality Rupture Luciream

When NS, SS a different RR from Deck. If a RR inflicts damage, add a RR from GY to hand. Be careful when you plan on Summoning from the Deck. You can potentially have a super solid Link engine (Dayream searches this that Summons another one), but that's the purpose of a swarming Deck. I'd add a "discard 1 card" just to balance it (you can get that card back if you use the second effect of Luciream anyway).

Reality Rupture Recuream

Quick Effect, send this and a RR to the GY, draw 2 cards. Well, if I were running an Exodia Deck, I wouldn't mind using Luciream to get this, then draw 2 cards. Even splashable in Decks that don't need the NS. It's also a Quick Effect, but I'm not sure how many times you'll actually use its effect on the opponent's turn (dodging?). A way to balance it? Simply add a "reveal 1 Reality card in your hand" to avoid undesired splashing.

Reality Rupture Nighream

SS by adding a RR from the GY to the hand. Balancing restrictions. Continuous effect if you have a RR Link: your opponent can't Summon monsters on the MMZs it points to. The continuous effect is original and I like it a lot (even though there isn't a RR Link that can't blocks 2 zones). The Summoning condition might be too strong, but since the card pretty much doesn't do anything else, it's fine, considering the added card is useless for a turn.

Link Monsters

Reality Rupture Falsream (Up,Down)

When Summoned, you can SS a RR Link from the GY. If used as material for a RR, it gains Up-Down Arrows. This is one of the best Link idea I've ever seen. There should be an Archetype with the "it gains this card's Link Markers" concept. Maybe all Link 2, and the boss monster is a Link 4 that requires 2 Link Monsters, in a way so it will have all the Link Arrows. That's a really interesting idea. Btw, remember Links are so easy to Summon, this might need a hard OPT on the reviving effect. Or better, adding a "Summon a Link to a zone this card points to". That would prevent crazy pla... nope, in a really fast Deck, that would make this card able to point to the other Extra Monster Zone and Extra Linking. This definitely needs a hard OPT.

Reality Rupture Dreahealream (Up,Down-Left)

Linked RR can attack directly. If a RR is sent to the GY, draw 1 card. You missed "ed" in "destroyed". Also, you could either remove the "sent to the GY" so it has to be destroyed, or removing the "destroyed by battle" and adding a hard OPT. Drawing cards is always something that has to be balanced properly, and if you left this on the field while doing more Link plays, you'll end up with a lot of cards in the hand. The attacking directly effect is cool, but kinda situational.

Reality Rupture Prophetiream (Right,Left,Up-Right)

Once, if co-linked, you can revive a RR Link. OPT, if a RR does damage, target and shuffle a card. The ultimate OPT effect makes it really balanced, IMO. You're probably Link this after Dreahealream, so this can attack directly and shuffle a card. Well, great synergy. The Archetype works.

Reality Rupture Lifeream (Left,Up-Left,Right,Down)

Once, if Extra Linked, you can clear the opponent's side of the field. +400 and unaffected by monster effects. OPT, discard 2 cards, SS a Link 3 or lower from the ED. Well, I knew this was the boss monster, but it's actually really impressive. Clearing the board with just an effect? Amazing. All the effects are quite balanced (discarding 2, has to be Extra Linked) so I can't say it's overpowered or anything. I'm just scared people will figure out a way to get this second turn, and maybe OTK.

Reality Shift

If you Link Summon a RR, draw 1 card. OPT, you can send an opponent's card to the GY, then a RR monster. Each time you Link Summon a RR into a Linked zone, banish a card in your opponent's GY. Smells like broken here. I'm sorry, but drawing a card each time you Link Summon is just stupid. I mean, have you ever seen an actual Link play? They spam Links like crazy. Considering the swarming abilities of Reality Ruptures, I'd put a hard OPT on the drawing effect (The first time ... each turn). The removal effect should be changed too, by switching the order in which cards are sent to the GY. Right now if you don't have monsters, you can still use it, because destroying your monster comes after removing the opponent's one. The third effect is good against some Decks, and it doesn't need changes.

Reality Rupture Haven

Opt, discard 1 card and add the Field Spell or SS a RR from the Deck. I'll change it to "add a RR" instead of Summoning, because they like being Summoned by their own effects or Normal Summoned.

Falling Realities

Each time you Link Summon this turn, send a card from the opponent's ED to the GY. Is it at random or your opponent chooses it? I'd make it "at random". Cool card, and trust me this would be used. Or maybe not. It depends, will you sacrifice consistency to try blocking the opponent? (maybe you get the regular Utopia and you can say goodbye to Lightning).

Paradigm Reality

Urgent Tuning for RR Links, and if it isn't the first Link, discard a card from the opponent's hand. The hard OPT isn't actually necessary here - it's just a slow way to Link Summon. Might be cool to dodge effects, but it isn't anything too strong.

Ok, so, I'm not completely into Links yet, but I guess this would be a good Link Archetype. It swarms the field easily, and it has that big scary boss monster. Of course, some cards need to be balanced but overall there are some interesting Link ideas.

The only way to actually find out if something's overpowered or not is testing it.

I'd love to see what kind of artwork they would get. The Fantasy/Dream idea sounds very cool.

Archived