[Written] D/D/D Links

ems97

DDD Melankomas the Great Brawler Overlord (D/D/D Brawler King Melankomas)

Attribute: Dark

Link Arrows: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

[Fiend / Link / Effect]

2 “DD” monsters

If another "DD" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field, while you control this face-up card (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 "DD" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "DDD Melankomas the Great Brawler Overlord" once per turn. If this card battles an opponent's monster, any battle damage it inflicts to your opponent is doubled. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can place 1 "Dark Contract" card from your Deck, or GY in your Spell & Trap Zone face-up.

ATK: 2000   LINK: 2

[spoiler: refrence] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melankomas

DDD Hell Armageddon the Supreme Nexus Overlord (D/D/D Superdoom King Blueish Armageddon)

Attribute: Dark

Link Arrows: Top Left, Top, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right

Pendulum Scale: 1

[Fiend / Link / Pendulum / Effect]

Pendulum Effect: You can also Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck to where this card points to. This effect cannot be negated. If a “DD” monster you control would be destroy by battle or card effect, you can destroy 1 “Dark Contract” card you control instead. You can only use this effect of “DDD Hell Armageddon the Supreme Nexus Overlord” once per turn.

Monster Effect:

2+ Fiend monsters

Cannot be Pendulum Summoned. You can also Special Summon this card by banishing “DD” monsters from you control and/or GY as Link Materials. You can only Special Summon “DDD Hell Armageddon the Supreme Nexus Overlord” once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “DD” Pendulum Monster from your GY, or face-up from your Extra Deck to where this card points to. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Draw cards up to the number of “DD” monsters this card points to. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed: You can place it in your Pendulum Zone.

ATK: 3500     LINK:5

These cards will be helpful to the D/D/D deck in more than one way.

First, with DDD Melankomas the Great Brawler Overlord (D/D/D Brawler King Melankomas), it would be an easy monster to Link Summon 'cause "D/D" monsters are easy to Summon especially if there are two Pendulum monsters in the Pendulum Zones that give a long range of monsters to Pendulum Summon.

Second, with DDD Hell Armageddon the Supreme Nexus Overlord (D/D/D Superdoom King Blueish Armageddon), if you currently have a lot of "D/D" monsters in your Graveyard, you can Link Summon the monster. But if the other Link monster is on the field, this monster could go to the Main Monster Zone. (I don't know much to say. All I could really say is that I use the "D/D" Deck and that it is perfect that they got their own Link monsters.

BE REBORN, D/D PLAYERS!

Since Guduss already gave a nice summary of the good parts of these cards (thx Guduss) I guess it falls to me to be the bad guy. Everything Guduss said is true, these cards are great. However, there is one problem.

Hell Armageddon has only one problem: Since monsters aren't monsters in the Pendulum Zones, Link Monsters can't point to anything in the Pendulum Zones, because they're not Links, but I might be wrong. Since no Link-Pendulums actually exist yet, we can't confirm whether or not this is actually true.

Link 5 balances the Links again. Since I'm pretty sure Fiend Links are not abundant yet, this is very hand to summon, but worth it. An alternative play is to use DNA Surgery and call Fiend. Either way, prepare to lose all your friends.

Alright, now Hell Armageddon has good stuff Guduss didn't cover. First, D/D spam. That's all I'm gonna say. Laddering potential is OFF THE CHARTS! Second, D/D protection. Also not saying anything else, except that it's good for ending Dark Contracts when the cost starts catching up to you. (Sorry, Shrek, your contract has been terminated.) Third, backups in case a Pendulum ends up in the GY.

Archived