Lotus Magician, a Link monster for Spellcaster-Type decks [formerly rose magician]

I Hate Snatch Steal

[spoiler=artwork]ExsfXRh.png

Note that I don't have a link monster template at this time so the rest is written.

Link 3

LIGHT

Spellcaster/Effect

2000 ATK

< \/ >

2+ Spellcaster-Type monsters, except tokens

You can only Special Summon "Lotus Magician(s)" once per turn. You can also link summon this card by using 1 level 5 or higher monster you control and 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control as the link materials. Cannot be used as material for a Link Summon. If this card is special summoned: you can excavate the top card of your deck and if its a monster that can be special summoned, you can special summon it. Otherwise, place it on the bottom of your Deck. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 Spellcaster-Type monster; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

The idea behind this card is to allow Spellcaster decks to have link markers available for other methods of extra deck summoning. Since you'll be using up cards to summon this first, it gives you a chance to get another material onto the field for another summon. However, it can't be used for a link summon to avoid link laddering with it.

edit: Changed name, materials, and alternate summoning condition based on reviews.

Note that Link monsters don't have DEF, so...assuming its ATK is 2000.

But that being said, I really don't see a Spellcaster deck that actually wants this. 'specters might like it to open up the MMZ to summon themselves en masse or make Majester Paladin, but they'd rather have a Link 2 that point down. Dark Magicians are the only other ones that might bother with it, if Dragon Knight becomes more prominent, but I don't think they can field 3 monsters quick enough for this. 

Either you should buff the ATK up to make it up to par with common Link 3s, or make it a Link 2 and just remove one of the side markers. 

====

BTW, all monsters used count as 1 Link Material; you cannot treat a monster as zero. So either you change it to 1+ monsters or straight 2 Spellcaster monsters.

Idk if I would call the card Rose Magician since people typically think Red when they hear Rose unless you add the color. Possibly Magnolia could be better, since "Magnolia Magician" or whatever you decide to call it using the word would be alliterative. 

Personally, I like the idea of alternate Link Summon conditions, since otherwise you'd always have to use monsters equal to the link number and link arrows. However, I'm not sure if this is how I'd go about it.

• For starters, it requires 3+ Spellcasters, when it's a Link 3. Technically it should say 2+ so you can use Link 2 monsters in its Summon (considering there's also no DEF on Links I'm just assuming you're misinformed on how Link Monsters work.) However, I think the requirement should just be Effect monsters since otherwise running Spellcasters is already implied,
  • Weird it can't be used for the Link Summon of a monster, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some random exploit you picked up on mid-design.
  • You don't have to say "can be Special Summoned" since nomi monsters already say they can't be Special Summoned. It's redundant. Also find it weird this is for Spellcasters but it can Special Summon any monster. Might want to change that but idk.
  • So it can bring itself back into a Main Monster Zone and have the 2 arrows accessible then and there? Pretty cool. Lotus is a flower of rebirth, so that could also assist you in making a name.

This card could definitely be improved.

Idk if I would call the card Rose Magician since people typically think Red when they hear Rose unless you add the color. Possibly Magnolia could be better, since "Magnolia Magician" or whatever you decide to call it using the word would be alliterative. 

Personally, I like the idea of alternate Link Summon conditions, since otherwise you'd always have to use monsters equal to the link number and link arrows. However, I'm not sure if this is how I'd go about it.

• For starters, it requires 3+ Spellcasters, when it's a Link 3. Technically it should say 2+ so you can use Link 2 monsters in its Summon (considering there's also no DEF on Links I'm just assuming you're misinformed on how Link Monsters work.) However, I think the requirement should just be Effect monsters since otherwise running Spellcasters is already implied,
  • Weird it can't be used for the Link Summon of a monster, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some random exploit you picked up on mid-design.
  • You don't have to say "can be Special Summoned" since nomi monsters already say they can't be Special Summoned. It's redundant. Also find it weird this is for Spellcasters but it can Special Summon any monster. Might want to change that but idk.
  • So it can bring itself back into a Main Monster Zone and have the 2 arrows accessible then and there? Pretty cool. Lotus is a flower of rebirth, so that could also assist you in making a name.

This card could definitely be improved.

Updated the card, also my wording for the excavate effect comes from here:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hero_Emerges

It explicitly tells you that if you excavate a monster with a special summon limitation like Chaos Sorcerer, it goes to the bottom of the deck.

Archived