Castle of Blinding Mirages (When Even the Daybreak Makes You Panik)

Black D'Sceptyr

(extremely Panik-ed voice) NO NOT THE LIGHT IT BURRRRNS

(extremely Yami Yugi voice) And LiGHT will be all that a coward like you'll be able to acknowledge Panik, now that I've toppled your Castle of Dark Illusions, and your hopes of a tainted victory with it! Now Mai, I believe these pilfered Star Chips belong

-oh yes, Yugi, now you're really in for it-I bring forth the Castle of Luminous Mirages!

Castle of what now-

castle_of_blinding_mirages_by_bdsceptyr-

[spoiler=Castle of Blinding Mirages: Info]

DARK/Fiend-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/1840 ATK/2850 DEF

Lore: If your opponent activates a monster effect while there are the same number of face-up Effect Monsters on each side of the field (Quick Effect): You can change as many monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position as possible, then Special Summon this card from your hand in Attack Position. If a monster whose battle position was changed by a card effect is flipped face-up: It becomes a Fiend monster if it is not a Fiend monster, all Fiend monsters on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF, it cannot activate its effects while on the field, also its controller's opponent can Flip Summon 1 monster. You can only use each effect of "Castle of Blinding Mirages" once per turn.

Now let's see how well you stand up to my new Castle-oh wait, thanks to it, your monsters won't be doing much standing at ALL!

Oh Ra, the bright white is everywhere and yet I can't shut it out! It's like Exodia just stepped out of a shower!

And you say I traumatize the young, whelp!

And basically this is why I shouldn't be alllowed near any Yu-Gi-Oh scripts ever for all space and times

This'll be my first of four support cards for the Panik Legacy support-stay tuned in the upcoming days for the rest.

Till then, reviews, revelry, you know the drill, let's get to digging. BDS, signing off.

Update I: fixed the effect and other errors in the Castle of Blinding Mirages. caught by Eshai's watchful eye.

Hey D'sceptyr, Yugi called he wants his Swords of Revealing Light back (I mean seriously look at all of those swords. Was the reference intentional?)

Castle of Blinding Mirages like I said, Swords of Revealing Light. Tbh "Castle of Revealing Light" would probably sound a bit cooler too.

DARK - Level 7 - Fiend/Effect - 1840 ATK/2850 DEF (how many people will hate you for reviving this stat line? Next is a Calculator monster with 1234 ATK)

If your opponent activates a monster effect while there are the same number of face-up Effect Monsters on each side of the field (Quick Effect): You can change as many face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position as possible, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand in Attack Position.

“While you and your opponent have the same number of cards” is Fabled Unicorn’s OCG as far as I know. Don’t know whether or not it’s been updated since, but that’s besides the matter. Putting everything face-down as a Quick Effect is amazing. Hand Trap that puts everything face-down Dark Hole style might be a bit broken, although for some reason it gets put it Attack, which I’m guessing is a punishment for if you used it too early. If that was the reason, that probably took quite a bit of thought. I might limit this to the Main Phase, or even MP1 so your opponent can at least play around it when they think you have it.

If a monster whose battle position was changed by a card effect is flipped face-up: It becomes a Fiend monster if it is not a Fiend monster al Fiend monsters currently on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF, it cannot activate its effects, also its controller's opponent can Flip Summon 1 monster.

I don’t think you need to mention “if it’s not a Fiend monster” since DNA surgery doesn’t have to mention things like that, unless the effect is something else and I’m not reading it correctly (the typo is probably “all” but the wording itself is a bit awkward).

You can only use each effect of "Castle of Blinding Mirages" once per turn.

Wait the flipping only happens once and only 1 monster is negated? Guess that’s fair, although this motivates the user to Summon only 1 or 2 monsters for the effect since any more will lead to a bunch of things they can’t do anything about. Although that’s fine, I feel bigger boards should yield bigger results simply because it increases the risk you can put into the card.

I would say you successfully retrained the card. I don’t know how you bring in Pumpking though unless you’re doing something similar to Subterrors.

(I can probably name one or two, but in itself, there's nothing wrong with statlines that are non-divisible by 50/100. Not like Number S39 exists though as a recent thing...)

But in itself, I am not sure where / when this can be effective in the meta / even within a general sense nowadays. Granted, it does give stuff like Dolls/Subterrors, etc a new toy to work with, but yeah. (Unicore hasn't gotten reprinted since 5Ds so...) I'm going on the assumption that if it wasn't a Fiend, then it gets its type changed; otherwise it just provides a small bonus and lets you seal off that monster and then Flip Summon again. (Or is the last part supposed to trigger regardless?)

Other than that, you can technically screw over the opponent's board while setting up your own plays, but...usage is generally limited to Flip oriented Decks and I do not recall any Fiend decks that like Flip Summoning and/or don't kill themselves if an non-Archetypal member exists. (Need to check if BAs have any Flip members). I think a limiter may need to be put on this card's first effect (well, hard OPT anyway), but need to see how often equal Effect boards appear in application.

Archived