Most Active Hurricane Season in History

Dad

My buddy had a grandmother down in Puerto Rico.  It's a good thing she didn't have to live through this.  Man, I hope they get the help they need.  Puertoricans are Americans so it's important we get help to our people.

Anyway, this hurricane season has been pretty funking frightening.  And if you don't know, it doesn't end until November.  That's terrifying when you live on the coast in the south.  Anyway, let's talk about hurricanes, weather patterns, and recent weather history.

Also, please don't ask me about Katrina.  Not gonna talk about that.

Out of fairness, I should probably consider self very lucky that where I live hasn't gotten a [major] hurricane in 25 years (referring to Iniki as a Cat 4 in September 1992; that one snapped a tree in my backyard in half [from what my parents said, because I wasn't born at this time]). Southern end of the state [big Island] got hit by Iselle/Julio in 2014 as a Cat 1 / tropical storm, but that was it recently. There aren't any storms in the Pacific lately, but kinda have to watch because open waters are definitely breeding grounds for another storm, even if we're a small target in the central Pacific. [Either we just avoid them as they shift away from us, or they weaken significantly by the time they arrive]

===

But either way, hopefully Puerto Rico (and the other areas in the Caribbean) get the help they need to rebuild, because getting hit by two hurricanes within a short period of time in certain cases definitely doesn't help.

Archived